StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Goodbye Live365!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lastdomino, you may be able to get a partial refund now if you ask them. I believe there is another thread about that here.

Unfortunately this has to happen. Live365 is turning into "Basic365". Meaning, Live/Relay broadcasts that have personality will be replaced by Basic Mode broadcasts which are basically an online iPod with commercials slapped in.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If Live365 can't get with the times, then they get left behind. In the end, it is really Live365's loss not SST's loss. SST will continue to be successful even without Live365!!!
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact we will probably be MORE successful without them. The way they changed their rates and the way the view the way people broadcast is incredibly ridiculous. I'm guessing they have fantastic management. Rolling Eyes
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wasn't using Live365 anymore anyway. Their player wasn't that good... Always had to log on their website...

Plus, their cancellation policy is awful. Almost as bad as my current ISP Smile
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

don0don wrote:
Not surprised. I totally trust you to make the right decision in the best interest of SST and the community, JERIC.

Good point. I'm with don0don here.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing this means we can not use realplayer anymore?
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
In fact we will probably be MORE successful without them. The way they changed their rates and the way the view the way people broadcast is incredibly ridiculous. I'm guessing they have fantastic management.

Completely agree BQ. People can find SST so many different ways without Live365. Seems they made drastic changes that are going to hurt them in the long run which is already apparent with several stations deciding to part ways including SST.

Hey, I had some amazing management at my last few jobs Rolling Eyes maybe there is a chance they are heading up this Live365 operation. Laughing
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
iTunes streams will stop.

For those who are in doubt of the kind of player they should use now on a your machine I can recommend to programs:

- foobar2000
- VLC
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks for the info Cal. I might try one of these at work as IT is pretty stingy on what they allow to download but they allowed iTunes so go figure. Rolling Eyes
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

foobar is the smallest. It is for audio only. I can image they will have problems with VLC because that one is for videos too.

If you only want to use it for the stream and your own mp3 collection. I recommend foobar. It is small pretty easy to use and uses a not a lot resources like itunes and winamp do.
UK neowardog
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 16905

neowardog is offline View user's profile Send private message neowardog's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no does this mean that we won't be able to listen to music? or is SST broadcasting with a different company. i can't imagine not listening to soundtracks on the internet, its how i find new soundtracks to buy Sad i'm really sad
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

neowardog wrote:
oh no does this mean that we won't be able to listen to music? or is SST broadcasting with a different company. i can't imagine not listening to soundtracks on the internet, its how i find new soundtracks to buy i'm really sad

You will still be able to listen to the station but pretty soon Live365 and iTunes will no longer be options. Here is the Listen link which will outline all of your options for listening to the stream. SST will most definitely still be around.

Also, when you find new soundtracks that you enjoy from listening to SST and would like to purchase, please use the links to amazon and you will be supporting SST!
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:58 pm   Post subject: New route to listening Reply with quote

Oh bother as some poor cartoon soul would say. Just when we are crusing along at great speed a speed bump.

I have a Mac. iTunes was my listening pathway.
Set up VLC and was feeling pretty smug that I got it going and could listen just fine. Thank you Cal.
Now a new day.. not so hot. It is lagging. And a few other things.

So Mac people..what ya gonna do? Which works best and what made it so?

thanks much. I don't want to loose the best thing I ever found on the computer!
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:17 pm   Post subject: Re: New route to listening Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
So Mac people..what ya gonna do? Which works best and what made it so?

I don't use a Mac, however I did a quick google search for "mac stream players" and came up with some possibilities.

Windows Media addon for Quicktime

Audion 3

I can't tell you how well these work. It can't hurt to try. Smile

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
you may be able to get a partial refund now if you ask them. I believe there is another thread about that here.

Yes there is. Start at the top of Page 2.

If you don't want to renew your Live365 Preferred Membership, it is very important that you notify them per their rules. It's a hassle and a pain, but you'll find lots of help in that thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: