StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SSTers in New York City for Morricone Concert - Feb. 3, 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That night, I barely could sleep
and all because of the nervous
anticipation I had about meeting
everyone. You see, the next morn-
ing was the big breakfast, where
I would meet Cind, Twopop, Don,
his wife, Sensei, Chandler, Phire,
her friend, Nate and then Zirael!

I can share that I have long had
a special love of Two and Zir,
having shared so much history on
and of the site with them. Add to
that the fabulous others and you
can understand my sleeplessness.

Smile

The next morning, Nate called me
and we were off, from the hotel,
Two calling me on the cell, to
tell me they were there, waiting
for us. We strolled, through the
chilly air, looking for the street
and then hotel.

When we walked into the doors, I
could not see clearly but Nate
saw that they were all seated at
the far end of the large room.

First, I saw Twopop and when she
got up and we kissed (on the lips)
and embraced, I felt like it was
forever! (I hope she is not embar-
rassed). hehe

You have to understand that I just
love her and have been this way
ever since first making contact
with her, on the site. I just
don't know that you will ever
meet a girl like Two, twice in
your life and in that respect,
her handle is just not accurate.
She knows how I feel about her.

Don and Chris are two of the most
stellar people I have yet to meet
and this really was just a carry-
over from chat, as you all know
Don to be a gentleman's gentleman,
with wonderful taste and poignant
humor! I remember when he brought
up the possibility of wearing kilts
to the event. I actually priced
them and their accoutrement's at
somewhere around $800 to $1000!!

I actually thought about it!! :-O

Btw, Chris (Don's wife) is such
a gentle spirit, filled with love
and caring - a perfect match for
our wonderful Don. He has good
taste in every way.

And now, let me talk about our
Cind, whom we all know helped so
much in the plans for the event.
This is one special girl but I
must confess having known it for
a LONG time. Wink While not on as
often and mostly, late at night,
anyone, who makes contact with
Cind knows her to be such a
spirit, filled with a rare sens-
itivity that just rings of int-
imacy and sharing. Later on, that
day, I would have a chance to sit
with her and have the best conver-
sation and about everything!

And there's more for those that
are hard to bore!!

Wink

More later...
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:23 am   Post subject: Re: Thanks be to the Morricone Crew!! Reply with quote

workervr wrote:
Cinder wrote:

Kudos to Workervr, for moving all day, coming into dinner, then back to her place to unpack, then back to the hotel to party!

Workervr desperatly wishes she had a place in Manhattan to unpack but no she doesnt. I think it was wrabbit that worked so hard to be with us so I guess that makes her a worker! Very Happy
I myself did drag a suitcase on rollers all around the financial district, wall street, times square, battery park and the rubble of the trade center to visit with everyone.(although it did come in handy when phire rode the bull)

Duhhhhh NO kidding It was Wrabbit who moved her little heart out.. her good, sweet, warm, tender, loving, caring, friendly, heart all day Saturday. Dashed in for dinner, and back for the Pete Party!
I really do know the difference!!!
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel inspired by Pete's account and wanted to expand upon ours. Here is what the NY weekend was like for us:

We dropped our kids off with my brother at 8:45 on Saturday morning (good riddance! Wink ) and went to the airport. Our flight got into NY about 20 minutes early because we caught a good tailwind. We were glad to have a few extra minutes to get ready, but that didn't happen because there was an accident on the highway and we told the taxi to go around it, so we lost our time going the long way. But boy! Did we see some interesting parts of NY. At least when we didn't have our eyes closed praying we were going to make it because the taxi ride was frightening to say the least. We got to the hotel around 1:00 p.m. and dashed to our room to get ready for the "meet & greet". We got to the lounge and only had to wait a few minutes before LadyInque and her husband showed up. Then everyone showed up "en mass". I think the waitress didn't like us taking up so much room (like I give a d@mn). We had such a great couple of hours meeting everyone. Blue & Don even brought gifts!!

After a few cocktails (boy you have to watch that Nate, he drinks like a fish). We all split up to meet downstairs around 4:30 to head to dinner. Phire was our guide, and she did a wonderful job getting us there. We all sat down to our salads, meals, and wonderful desserts. JERIC made a few announcements about the site and the promotions of mods and an admin (me!). No, I really didn't know he was going to do that. He made me cry and look like a big sissy in front of everyone, but that's ok. Chandler and Don made beautiful toasts during the meal.

After dinner we had to haul our cookies over to Radio City ASAP. The line and getting in wasn't as bad as everyone had told us it would be. The security wasn't too bad (no latex gloves or anything). Workervr bought me a glass of wine and then we all headed to our seats. Ennio was great. I only nodded off a few times, which isn't bad for me, and I didn't snore at all (JERIC was so proud). There was no intermission which was a surprise. But I think the show was just under 2 hours, so it wasn't too bad.

After the show we walked back to the Marquis and stopped by the lounge again. Then we quietly went up to Pete's suite a few people at a time so as not to draw attention to ourselves. Pete was a very gracious host with the wine and the infamous tequila (completely Wrabbit's idea). We ended up talking until 2:30 in the morning then we had to leave to get a few hours of rest.

We met the Admins (Twopop, Sensei and Chandler) for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. It was really great to get some alone time and talk about SST issues for a while. That Sensei is quite a chatter box Wink .

I know I didn't mention everyone we had a chance to meet, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a true pleasure to spend time with EVERYONE. Usually with a group this size there is always at least one person to bring people down or cause a ruckus. But that wasn't the case at all. Everyone was truly great and warm and caring. I am a better person than I was last Friday before I met everyone. And that's not B.S., it's the truth.

BQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
We met the Admins (Twopop, Sensei and Chandler) for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. It was really great to get some alone time and talk about SST issues for a while. That Sensei is quite a chatter box :wink: .

Bah missed breakfast :S

So who made notes? ;-)
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The newbie admin did. Smile

Thanks for posting that BQ. My sentiments exactly. We had such a wonderful time with such wonderful people!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
wrabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13971

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View wrabbit's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

petec wrote:
As for what Nate had to say
about everyone on the site,
I cannot reveal that, for
fear of being banned forever.

i want to hear more about what nate had to say. i'm not that worried about pete getting banned...twopop won't allow it, and she still outranks nate Wink plus, i wouldn't miss pete all that much. Laughing

my adventure with this crew ... after getting up early saturday, packing up all of my stuff, driving it into manhattan, unpacking with 2 rowdy brothers in tow, and lunch with the family, i settled into my new, messy apartment to start unpacking. i realized around 3 if i hurried i could still meet everyone for dinner. so i got dolled up in a rush and headed to the restaurant. i couldn't get in touch with Cinder on my way, who i had promised to call if i could make it - didn't want to throw off numbers or plans if i arrived unexpectedly.

i arrived just after 5pm, to everyone already seated (oops), and after a big hello from the SST crew, sat with frozen han, cinder and zirael, in a chair FAR AWAY from pete, which probably would have been filled by jorel if he hadn't "lost" his appendix, or whatever nonsense kept him away Wink i still maintain it was fear.

dinner was great, the portions were HUGE (jorel, your meal was excellent), and despite some math issues over the bill, was a great time. incidentally, don't ask han to use his phone for any quick calculations.

though i planned to return home and clean up a bit while everyone else was at the show, i met scholar_matt and ultimizer as we were wrapping up dinner, and joined them for drinks instead, and was really glad i did. they were great fun to chat up with. also, on orders from BQ, i went shopping for limes for the tequila. after several stops at a variety of delis and markets in times square, we found the limes at the little deli RIGHT NEXT to the restaurant where we had dinner.

i headed back to the hotel, was attacked by met up with pete in the lobby, (took nate about 30 minutes to text where they were), and joined the group for some drinks, then, as BQ said, we headed up discreetly to pete's love shack room.

we were a pretty tame group, but i will say its amazing how quickly everyone jumped to do whatever phire asked, especially for the camera (including myself). phire bewitched us all, i think. i didn't get a chance to speak with a few people, including don0, which was a real shame. it was nice though to meet people i had only chatted briefly with or knew through their requests, like pmf, chandler, ulti. it was even better to meet the folks i knew through chatting everyday, like BQ, nate, twopop, cinder ... even pete. and of course, meeting JERIC. Cool

i echo BQ's comment that this group really gelled and got along great together. i had a great time and was so glad i made it for dinner. i wish i could have been around the whole day. even meeting pete wasn't awful, until he killed me.

i'm not really doing justice to the people i met or the time that i had, but it was over too quickly for me, and i really really enjoyed myself.

thanks again to blue for starting this whole thing up, cinder for her organizational skills and time, and of course to JERIC for this fantastic site, and to BQ for making sure pete picked up the tequila. next time, its three shots of tequila, and nate gets a full glass of chocolate milk!!

Last edited by wrabbit on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
wrabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13971

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View wrabbit's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:

Duhhhhh NO kidding It was Wrabbit who moved her little heart out.. her good, sweet, warm, tender, loving, caring, friendly, heart all day Saturday. Dashed in for dinner, and back for the Pete Party!
I really do know the difference!!!

Laughing cinder! that extra money i threw in for the dinner bill really paid off!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stories guys!! Pete, I know you mean well but unless you're writing poetry for 2 or wrabbit (or nate from the sound of things), it hurts my eyes too. Smile sorry. that's the thing about only going for a weekend is that it's over so quickly.
Commander
Commander

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll pick up, standard, then. Smile

Which brings me to sensei-ional Sensei! Now, you have to understand what Ennio means to him. This is a person, who HAD TO BE in NYC, for Ennio's performance. There were no IF, AND's or BUTS about it. Come heck or high water, he was going to be there!! And he was and we were all the better for it! I am so happy he was there, too!

Sensei may not speak a whole lot on the site but behind the scenes, he's making Jeric's and our lives better. It just so happens that their activities fit perfectly. We are fortunate, indeed!

We are talking about a very special person, in Sensei, who has exquisite taste in music. It's always cool to see him appreciate the great works and btw, I sat next to him, at dinner and it was my privilege! Thank you, Sensei!

Now, to Chandler and what a character he is!! Of course, we know him for his admin-ing etc. and somewhat for that humor of his but live, you get the full effect of it. Now, at breakfast, you must understand that the hair did not come down as much. It was later that Chandler pulled the stops and barrelled out our rib-cages, with laughter!

And now, that brings me to Phire... but the phone is ringing... Awgh....

by j2brown for content.
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, that commentary from
Wrab... Hmm... I am not sure
how to respond.

One thing, for sure, though:
Don't trust her!!

Wink
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, Phire is exactly the way she is on chat, in person!! I kid you not!! This girl is not just ready for the day but for the night!! After she left the room, none of the electrical appliances worked but wait, I am jumping to the after-Ennio Party!

At breakfast, she was very quippy. I knew that we were in for it, later on. Wink

Her friend was very nice. Forgive me. I forget her name but I did talk to her a bit about NY and her impressions of the city. Very nice.

And that brings me to Zirael. Now, this is another girl I really was really looking forward to meeting. So sweet and sincere, so knowledgeable about music and a woman with wonderful taste and a great level of appreciation for music, we go back on the site, having seen many things. She has contributed in many ways. It was a shame that she could not stay for the party but I did get to walk her to the Times Square Station (42nd Street), from 51st Street. Now, any details about what we discussed on the way are not available, at this time. Wink

How about Han?! He came a little late to the breakfast but that did not stop us from enjoying him!! Regarding the carbonite chamber - We broke it to him that it was confiscated at the airport. The code was raised during our holiday to orange and there were no exceptions made. You know, he lives just an hour or so, north of me. We will have to do a Midwest get-together, again, where he will, no doubt, show up and perhaps, then, we will have the chamber for him, operational.

I'll try and write more, later.
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a rumor that Pete and Nate had exchanged buttons and that everyone thought Nate was Pete and Pete was Nate but this was not the case. Nate really was Jorel, disguised as Nate and the Jorel story, about not being able to make it, was all pretense. He did make it and was Nate, who actually was not Nate but Jorel.

The Superman shirt that Pete was wearing was actually Jorel's. He'd borrowed it in exchange for other clothing of Pete's, for his later, secret rendezvous, with Wrabbit. Only Pete actually knew that Nate was really Jorel but this story is only, now, coming out.

Amazing, isn't it? We were all fooled.

As for the real Nate, he was actually the waiter, who brought Pete's vodka-martini, the only real drink served, that day, at Broadway's.

If more comes out on this development, I will let you all know.
don0don
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10809

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Brother Pete! What a storyteller!! Who knew the hidden talents that lay beneath that average-guy kinda charm? Financial services, huh? ... I say you missed your calling, lad ... you should have become a novelist!

All kidding aside, Pete, I am deeply touched by your kind remarks about me and Chris. Please know that I felt the same about getting to meet you in New York. I always felt you were a kindred soul from the time we first got acquainted in chat and through e-mails -- meeting you in person just confirmed that. Watching you interact with the others was a treat, since your humor and kindness, and your concern for others and their needs, was very evident. You're one very special lad, that's for sure. It's a privelege to have you as a friend.

Everyone Chris and I were lucky enough to meet and talk with was kind and accepting, fun to be with, and interesting, as well.

Cinder: What fun we had with you, right from the first, at breakfast! Chris and I look forward to seeing you again at the next SST gathering. And thanks so much for your unselfish generosity in taking on organizing the dinner! Despite the hitch at the end, it was a terrific success. The food was excellent -- which is often not the case with restaurants that serve large groups.

Twopop: I so enjoyed your humor, grace, intelligence and good-natured enthusiasm. I consider myself very lucky we got the chance to chat during our trip back to our respective hotels from Lower Manhattan.

Phire: I shall treasure the light burns I received from your phirehugs for as long as they take to heal. And then I shall come back for more! Wink You're an essential ingredient for any successful party, as far as I'm concerned! I so enjoyed sharing the walk around Lower Manhattan with you.

Han: Your understated sartorial elegance left all the rest of us lads feeling quite stuffy and old fashioned ... but I forgive you! By the way, I'm working out a bit now, so my Highland hugs should be even mightier next time we meet! Wink

Chandler: You quite swept Chris off her feet at dinner, I hope you know ... How do you do that, anyway? ... It's so unselfconscious ... sort of Hugh-Grant-esque. Can you teach me? Wink

Sensei: What a likable lad you are ... but may I make one tiny well-meaning suggestion? You might try a little harder to let the other person get a word in edgewise. It'll make the conversation just a wee bit less one-sided. Wink

Nate: What a delight to meet the man behind the quips in chat! Wit, good taste and a quite spectacular wardrobe ... man, the rest of us lads hardly stand a chance when you're around ... except for Han, of course.

Wrab, Zir, Viv, Ylva, LadyInque, pmf, BP, Worker and all: I wish there had been enough time to sit and talk with each of you. All the more reason we must have another gathering soon!

And, of course, JERIC and BQ: I really enjoyed the brief chance we had to talk -- and wish it could have been longer. Others have said it here, but I must say it, too: meeting you just confirmed the impressions we all get of you through being a part of the SST online family: you're both warm, friendly, generous people. I hope Chris and I have the pleasure of spending time with you again soon.
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Next, the gang went out on a mini-tour of some of the sites, starting off at Ground Zero. I elected to stay at the hotel and that's when I spent a couple of hours talking to Cind and again, that was great! You name it; we covered it.

After some rest, it was time to finally meet the gang, downstairs. Jeric and BQ had arrived around then and this was to be the big moment.

Of course, I had not met Jeric or BQ. Thinking about it, after all of our shared experiences, here, on the site, it seemed to me like I had known him for years and years and years and in a way, this was true but to think that I had not met him!! Surprised Well, as you might think, I had butterflies in my stomach. I love that guy. His vision has created all of this... all of these new relationships and many of which will last a lifetime.

Recently, BQ has been in the chat more and we've gotten to have so much fun with her. She's just like she is on chat - lovely, witty and funny and she showed me pictures of the children, along with Jeric and they are just, over the top, beautiful! What a highlight to the journey! There was a moment, there, with silence, that I looked at them and then the rest of the group, realizing what an incredibly profound experience we'd all made contact with and all because of the love someone had for music. This truly shows the power of the medium.

more later...
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@PeteC: It seems to me you love just about everyone (except for maybe wrabbit) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: