StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SSTers in New York City for Morricone Concert - Feb. 3, 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien ;D

Besides meeting Jeric and BQ and I tingled for a while on that, I met Angela, who is such a Texas bubble! What a cutie! So glad to meet her! She is going through an exciting time in her life and while I missed her at the show and party, later, I am sure she had a great time, with her old friend.

I met LadyI, too!! I knew it was her, right away!! She IS quite the lady!! She is sooooooo sharp. I think, if I had the chance, I could have talked to her all night! I did not get to talk to her husband much but I am sure, with her taste, that he is quite a fellow. Wink

Of course, I saw Don and Chris, Chandler and Sensei, Zirael, Twopop, and the breakfast gang, again and you know how I feel about them but Work also came to the Broadway Lounge and for me, that was something I was truly looking forward to!!

I love Work! I love her! I love her! This girl has supported the station so enthusiastically and her electricity has always lit up the chat. I just look forward to chatting with her every chance I get. Ironically, I did not much of a chance to spend time with her, with all the goings-on and this is one of my few regrets. I looked forward to seeing her so much, only to just embrace for a few moments and say a few words. She is a gem and I am going to hunt her down, here, in Chicago. Wink

more later...
good as good. Herein lies evil.

Last edited by PeteC on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander
Commander

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, while at the Broadway, BP came and while I had met him, before, others had not had the pleasure. Like Zir and Two, he's been a real part of the musical growth of the site - his musical tastes opening new worlds for all of us. I had the advantage of having met him in Chicago some months back, where we had the besteSST time!! I can't say enough about BP and feel a debt to him in so many ways. So intelligent and resourceful, cheerful and encouraging; we are all so fortunate to have BP on the team!

Which brings me to Blue and AquaBLue - really the prime-movers of this event. Wow! Wow! Wow!

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE Smile

What a pair, these two are and you know, I got to sit next to them, at the dinner and how wonderful, two people could be - I cannot think that they can be eclipsed! They are just fabulous! Did you know that Blue actually plays the drums?! We talked about Jeff Porcaro and the Rosanna shuffle and even AquaBlue is a classically-trained pianist!! No wonder his passion for Morricone is what it is and his, sadly, rare commentary on the chat is so stimulating and inspiring! From music to life, Blue has enriched many of ours and truly, I will be blue, without Blue in my life! All the more reason to put the ball and chain on these two and never let them out!! Wink

Thank you, Blue, for everything you did for us!!

more later...
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I apologise for not posting here earlier. Part of that is that I spent some time decompressing from the wonderful weekend. Also, this week turned out to be more emotionally frustrating than I had thought it would be, starting with a fight I had with my computer on Tuesday.

My husband Hunter and I had a wonderful time with everyone in NYC. I was glad that we got to hang out, even though Hunter and I didn't go to the Morricone concert. I loved the meet-n-greet at the hotel lounge. It was a relief after nervously scanning the lobby, looking at people, wondering who was a SSTer. Could that be JERIC? Is that Two? No? Yes?

I had a chance to talk with JERIC and BQ for a while before everyone showed up. It was great to meet them, though I fear I may have left them with the impression that I don't like anything. (It isn't true! Maybe I'll send you a list later, of things I do like.) Then more people started to show up. We ducked out of the gathering for a moment to get our tickets for a show that night.

Then we returned to the lounge, happy to see people still there. BTW - the buttons were a good call. I saw Pete! Knew him on sight (and who couldn't?) I want to thank him for his kind comments about me in a previous post. He himself is a gentleman (cleans up good, too Smile!)

Then it was on to dinner! Good food and good company -- who can ask for more? I'm so sorry that we had to leave early; we were having lots of fun. Plenty of others here have given props to Cinder, and I must add mine here. She did a phenomenal job.

The whole weekend reminds me of the words to a song from the Muppet Movie: "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met." That's what we were, I think.

As those there know, I brought with me my SST mousepad. Signed by JERIC, it was my prize in the Station ID contest. I want to thank everyone there who signed it for me, especially since signing your nickname is not the most natural thing in the world. As per Chandler's (I think it was Chandler) suggestion, I scanned it, and you can see it here:
http://www.geocities.com/ladyinque/SSTmousepad.jpg

I know I missed a few people, and all I can say is whoops. Next time!
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Re LadyInque's mousepad:

COOOOOOL!!!

Much too precious to actually use! Wink
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, we could probably
replicate that mouse-pad and
sell it, for the site.

lol
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, pete!

jeff
sdg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, you must understand that this was the weekend at the hotel and a lot of people were coming in and flowing over into bar-area. The Broadway Lounge had a view onto the famed drag and that's where we all went. I mean it was so crowded in that one spot that the waitresses kept telling us to clear the way but we couldn't! Everyone was so raptured with each other! We just could not stop talking to each other!

You can imagine that time was racing, with all the excitement and come to realize that some of us had not changed for dinner!!

Surprised

It was time for the mad dash upstairs and man, that was the fastest shower I had ever taken!! BP used my suite to change, too. Lightning! BP was done first, so down, he went. I could not decide between bow-ties, so I put them both on!

When I got down there, BP wasn't there! Everyone was looking for him. While we did that, Angela, Work and Twopop chose my bow-tie. Nicole Miller won out. Then, BP appeared and we were off to dinner! It was very close by and as soon as we entered, we were whisked upstairs to our very own room.

Smile

more later...
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

Your account of the Ennio Event is wonderful! I am waiting with baited breath for the next installment!

...and it DOES seem like you love everybody! I guess you are just an old softy, ya big lug!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, who deleted petes duplicate post? That was funny stuff!

jeff
sdg
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I thought so, too! Laughing
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Upstairs, we were seated in a large U-shaped configuration, with the Admins in the middle and everyone flaring out from them. It took a few moments to find our names but we were all seated pretty soon after arriving. Like I said, before, I was seated next to Sensei and Blue, both wonderful, wonderful people. That is when I saw that Wrabbit had walked into room.

Surprised

Now, I did NOT anticipate that she would be there. I mean, after the constant tongue lashing that she dishes out, I figured let's leave all well alone but what was I to do? I couldn't just get up and shoot her, there, in front of all those people. I was too far away to slip any arsenic into her drink. I talked to the help about allowing me to mix her drinks for her but they said it was against restaurant policy. What a pickle! I figured that maybe, I'd get another chance to do her in, later.

As for the dinner, despite Wrabbit, it was really cool to hear the sounds of silverware against glasses, Chandler, Jeric and BQ standing up and speaking to us all - it was like an official gathering or awards ceremony but really, not out of place at all. Jeric, BQ and the admins deserved all the admiration we had to give. It was well-deserved.

The announcements about the new moderators were made to applause. Of course, I stood half-way up to confuse everyone, my looking so much like Nate. Sure with that Peaches and GenericDragon could have been there but we did think about them.

Again, I loved talking to Sensei and Blue and his wife. I tried to get up and walk around, wanting to greet everyone. Oh, yes! Though they came in a little later, Ult and Matt arrived for the dinner and Matt actually sat across from me. It was neat listening to him tell of the goings on in his life. He is really quite the fellow!

The food was fine. They had only Chianti. Par for the course. It was fine. Honestly, I wasn't paying that much attention to the food. I was more interested in the people there and the conversations. It dawned on me, then, that it might not be a bad idea to have the group at my suite, rather than meet at the bar, again. The wheels started to turn on how I could get everyone upstairs. Of course, I needed to be stocked and BQ did remind me to get some Tequila. Wink

I left, early, to go to the liquor store that the deli-clerk had pointed out (THANK YOU, DELI-CLERK!) and got another 3 bottles of Bordeaux but I had to get a move on because the show was in 15 minutes! I was doing a quick-step and a half!

Zippity-doo-da and I was out of there with the bottles and plastic cups to boot, dashing as inconspicuously as I could up the elevators (I had heard that there was a hotel policy against what I was planning). Oh, well...

Out of the hotel, running to the show, I get a call from Don that he had gotten to Blue and that he did not have tickets for he and Chris!!!

OMG! :-O

What to do?!

more later...

Last edited by PeteC on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Canada lmarrese VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete - I think you need to write a book!
Smile
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmar - You are right!!

Well, back to the hotel, I went, as I had brought copies of all the tickets (seated by Blue), up the elevators, into the room, back down the elevators, out into the streets, again and running for Radio City! On the horn to Don, to make sure he knew he would get in, if I could find him in time, which I did, just outside the doors and he'd JUST found Blue and had gotten the tickets, so in we went to sit down and take in the show!! Shew!!

Radio City is Radio City. Not really a concert hall, we had to settle in, knowing that the sound quality might not be like Carnegie Hall or the Lincoln Center and, of course, the design of the building, architecturally, is also not quite what you would find at the Met or other such halls BUT this is what it is and we were going to enjoy it!

We did. Perhaps I will edit in more, about the concert, here, later but suffice it to say that he played our faves and the performance was fine.

Afterwards, we looked for Qwerty but did not see him. We took some photos and wrapped up our lightning time, there, Zirael needing to get going and so I accompanied her to 42nd Street. Again, it was a joy to see and talk to her.

Back to the hotel, everyone was sitting in the lounge. Huge crowd. Everyone from the afternoon was back, pretty much. BP needed to get his stuff together, upstairs. We changed again, quick shower and went back downstairs, chatted some more and let out the word that we would be meeting upstairs, a few people, at a time.

Later on, we were all upstairs and even Wrabbit came. I had the trunk ready. The wine flowed and I see that I have bored you all to tears so, I will cut it short and just say the party was crazy and then we all went to bed.

Razz
Canada lmarrese VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteC wrote:
...and just say the party was crazy and then we all went to bed.

Razz

Together???? Wink
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx.

xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx. xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxx xx!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: