StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Sad and emotive Soundtracks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
silentescence
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 17072

silentescence is offline View user's profile Send private message silentescence's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:03 am   Post subject: Sad and emotive Soundtracks Reply with quote

hello there, i'm new here, i hope you could help me, i'm looking for soundtracks, sad, with choral sadness, something like the titanic soundtrack ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6olT7KtH-iw )
or i have this other example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd3a189vcVc it's called nocturne, i beautiful music, voice. and another example is the passion of the christ trailer, you can see it and hear the musicd here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz9IRHsyAeU

well, the three examples are kind of different between each other, but i hope you can understandme what kind of music i'm looking for, sad, emotive music.

thank you, i hope you can help me, i need this music.
thank you.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Silentescence, welcome to SST!

You might want to check out this thread as it has several posts on what people think are the 'saddest scores'. Hope it helps you out!

Nate
silentescence
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

silentescence is offline View user's profile Send private message silentescence's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much, i've already heard some of that songs of that post, and i didn't find music like the music i need. Hope you can hear the music on the links i gave, and i hope you know music like this, it's music with a female voice, that is intoning a sad melody, and the music is sad too, and that choral parts makes the song ever emotional, sad. i have been looking for music like this, and i couldn't find it Sad
hope you can help me
Rhubarb_Runner
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10518

Rhubarb_Runner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Rhubarb_Runner's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love "sad" ST music, but most I think of are without vocals. I think you might find something you are looking for on the "Whale Rider" ST.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, try the Passion of the Christ ST by John Debney, for starters. Also, Hans Zimmer's Black Hawk Down has some silimar moments.

I don't know the music well, but you might listen to John Williams' Munich.

Also try songs by Enya; we have some of her music here. I also really like Loreena McKennitt. Look for the song Cé Hé Mise le Ulaingt? (The Two Trees) on her album The Mask and Mirror.

Wink
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it can be classified as "Sad", but I have always felt that the Gladiator soundtrack really captured the emotions of the film (emotional loss and struggle).
Cadet 3

Member#: 13999

Maxpovver is offline View user's profile Send private message Maxpovver's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

try goodbye lenin by yann tiersen, it's a piano based soundtrack, and imo epitomises sadness
alcaeru
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 17585

alcaeru is offline View user's profile Send private message alcaeru's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

John william's score to Revenge of the Sith is one of the best sad and emotive soundtracks (in my opinion) that there is. "Hello beastie" from Dead man's chest is also very good.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"End Titles" from Saints and Soldiers is sad with choral, so is "The Dark Side of the Moon" from Apllo 13. Welcome to SST silentescence! Smile

-LOTRKing
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit overused, but you can look at Children of Dune by Brian Tyler. "Inama Nushif" has vocals in a fake language, but other tracks have female voices just humming or wailing, like, let's see... "Dune Messiah" "I Have only Now" and "The Ring of Paul." Give those a shot!
silentescence
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hello, so long i haven't been here, i'm still looking for that kind of music, thanks again for your welcomes Smile
I have found not so many music of this style, which is kind of celtic, but at the same time tragic and choir.
I found one about the Mist of Avalon, which is really good, and another for example Metal Gear Solid, which is on gaelical choir.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The main title for "The Devil's Own" contains a song in Gaelic. You might also look for "Wander my Friends" on one of the Battlestar Galactica soundtracks, which has a version on Gaelic.
Czech Republic Raygi
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12138

Raygi is offline View user's profile Send private message View Raygi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pan's Labyrinth - especially the Lullaby melody. I recommend the film too.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Promises, a new one from Howard Shore, is emotive and ethnic.
http://free.napster.com/view/album/index.html?id=12591301
Szilvi
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 17673

Szilvi is offline View user's profile Send private message Szilvi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
My recommendation: Vocalise. Not a soundtrack, but one of the crasiest emotion I ever heard.(the composer, Rachmaninoff was mental poor guy)

or Id say The fountain (multifunctional), its without voice though.
hm.
Munich? Kingdom of Heaven? Matrix? Lisa Gerrard? Wink

See ya.
Szilvi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: