StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

let's add a bit more of color and drawings,to the SStore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Argentina YoKaMoSaNoUe
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11378

YoKaMoSaNoUe is offline View user's profile Send private message YoKaMoSaNoUe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:18 am   Post subject: let's add a bit more of color and drawings,to the SStore. Reply with quote

ok, here's the thing, go to http://www.cafepress.com/streamingst
and you will see that the stuff there only have the SSt letter over a white background.
so i think is time for the sst artists to use their talent and contribute to make it more lively, with pothoshop or whateaver, for example: imagine a mug or a t-shirt with the face of one of your fave composers? Cool
we can have some sort of contest too... but.. this time... with some rewards for the artists Wink

ok, i though it will be a nice idea, and i already know what kind of draw in a mug i want,lol

Wink
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I say I agree. Doesn't even have to be drawings or faces, but I think different color schemes might be a great idea..
Having said that, I must admit that I'll probably never buy anything from the SSTore, 'cause the shipping&handling costs from the US are just killing me. Sad
Granted, they're not especially expensive, but I HATE paying $XYZ for an item plus $7 dollars for the shipping.
Not that I could order anything in the SSTore. I'm German, so I'm a person without owning a credit card. Evil or Very Mad
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First - that is the sst logo

second - I don't think you could do any composers or stuff like that w/o getting into copy right laws.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really great idea that could be turned into a contest. The prize could be for whoever creates the best item they would get it for free.

That would be good incentive to people like alien who pay a lot for postage.

Most likely the winner would have created something that would really motivate people to visit the site.

Let's get through the SST Awards first then we can revisit this.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you really ought to consider putting something like LadyInque's signed mousepad up for sale. Maybe reverse the colors, too (you know white on black).
That could be a huge hit... with some people at least. Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
I think you really ought to consider putting something like LadyInque's signed mousepad up for sale. Maybe reverse the colors, too (you know white on black).
That could be a huge hit... with some people at least. Wink

I'd prefer the nicknames of the active members to be printed on the mousepad, behind the SST logo, kind of like a watermark/wallpaper effect.

Last edited by TheSnowLeopard on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:

I'd prefer the nicknames of the active menbers to be printed on the mousepad, behind the SST logo, kind of like a watermark/wallpaper effect.

Great idea Snow! Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
I'd prefer the nicknames of the active menbers to be printed on the mousepad, behind the SST logo, kind of like a watermark/wallpaper effect.

Vader_76 did the wallpaper effect already and displayed it in a thread. Maybe if we ask nicely we could include this in the SSTore, along with the winning entries of the proposed contest.

I agree with more color in the SSTore. I also agree that a contest should, and probably will, be held.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. The other day I was thinking about ordering a shirt too. I would gladly participate in creating some art/graphic art for the SSTore.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

genericdragon wrote:
TheSnowLeopard wrote:

Vader_76 did the wallpaper effect already and displayed it in a thread.

Yeah, I've seen that. I was thinking more of the printed name rather than the avatar. You could fit more members on that way and it would be cheaper to produce.
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
genericdragon wrote:
TheSnowLeopard wrote:

Vader_76 did the wallpaper effect already and displayed it in a thread.

Yeah, I've seen that. I was thinking more of the printed name rather than the avatar. You could fit more members on that way and it would be cheaper to produce.

The names would be much cheaper (and easier) to put on shirts or mugs. The avatars (as fantastic as it is) would be a nightmare to silk screen. IMO...

Peaches
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a SST calendar? You could print a lot more avatars on a page at a reasonable size. Maybe also include the best pics from the SST New York visit/Morricone concert.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words, TheSnowLeopard:

Sexiest

Listener

jeff
sdg
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem with avatars would be copyrights for some of them. The names, and maybe the funny tags some people came up with (not looking in wrabbit/jorelson/chippy direction) could be fun.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some definite good ideas here and I am interested in the mousepad with the names of active members state above. Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: