StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: - "Invitation to a Suicide" - John Zorn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Would you like to see this soundtrack added?
Yes.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No way!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't mind having it added.
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Bernhardt
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 17422

Bernhardt is offline View user's profile Send private message Bernhardt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:31 am   Post subject: Add: - "Invitation to a Suicide" - John Zorn Reply with quote

"Film Works, Vol. 13: Invitation to a Suicide"

Link to the record label site:
http://www.tzadik.com/volume.php?VolumeID=201

Link to the Amazon site.
http://www.amazon.com/Filworks-Xiii-Invitation-John-Zorn/dp/B00006GODU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8032301-6346244?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1176481409&sr=1-1

"While history will decide the ultimate truth of the matter, John Zorn's soundtrack for Loren Marsh's black comedy, Invitation to a Suicide, is easily the most profound, musically complex, and emotionally compelling of all of Zorn's soundtrack world. Yes, that is making a claim for something. Regular Zorn cohorts Marc Ribot, Erik Freidlander, Kenny Wollesen, and Trevor Dunn make up four-fifths of the band, but it is accordionist Rob Burger, from the Tin Hat Trio, who makes the ensemble gel. His technical virtuosity and emotional dexterity add the depth and dimension necessary to turn this piece of music into its own aural chimera. The 18 seamless cues here suggest the makings of a work linked not only by scenic changes, but more complex cinematic elements such as the often difficult-to-place psychological ambiguities that are offered as turning points in a narrative and are signified by an actor's change in facial expression, the placement of an object, or the change in a time of day. Zorn seems particularly keyed in here, watching for that wink, the quick movement of a hand, the slight grimace or smile, or the difference in lighting from one scene to the next to send his musical segments reeling into one another, but as dovetailed hints rather than as jarring juxtapositions. Only once, on "Bugsy's Jazztet," where a certain TV theme is (mis)quoted, do we hear Zorn writing as if he is composing for the Lounge Lizards rather than for this band, and the humor is welcome. In this way, elements of Astor Piazzolla's tangos, Morricone's westerns and gangster films, Rota's intimate celebrations of quirkiness and geography, and a funky swing that blends blues, jazz, rock, and kitsch get woven into a signature that is particularly Zorn's. Film Works, Vol. 13: Invitation to a Suicide is at once Zorn's most mysterious and, paradoxically, most accessible soundtrack. In fact, many who have debated purchasing into the Film Works library but are intimidated as to where to start would do well to make this their first purchase. It stands as one of his masterworks in and out of the series, and will hopefully endure as a shining star in his already vast compositional catalog."

You can listen to the samples here :
http://www.emusic.com/album/10876/10876134.html

Why should it be included?
To be frank, I haven't seen the movie, but I did have a chance to listen to that one. I think the samples will speak for themselves.
Also, that'd be first Zorn's soundtrack here Cool
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I don't particularly care for this type of music, but I suppose it would fit in.
(Lukewarm endorsement, I know.... sorry!Laughing)
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 17422

Bernhardt is offline View user's profile Send private message Bernhardt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
Well... I don't particularly care for this type of music, but I suppose it would fit in.
(Lukewarm endorsement, I know.... sorry!Laughing)

Still, it's something for a start Cool
Thanks!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Added

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: