StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Ben Hur & El Cid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:36 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

To guys (Gallows & HOT FISH) reminded me of these two soundtracks.

They're both quite good.... QUITE good.
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 352

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:55 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

I have that covered. Gonna see Jeric gets those scores in the next few weeks. It was some of the best money I ever spent. The Ben Hur score is unbelievable. Over 140 cues.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:54 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Awesome! I'm looking forward to positng and hearing them!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:22 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

You're bloody well right I'm entertained.
The goodies are on their way soon.
I got two more words. Jerry Goldsmith.
Now I realize he's done like 500 scores. But I still can't get enough.
Two really awesome scores are The Planet of the Apes original score and the smooth amazing score to Islands in the Stream.
I'm dying that neither are present on the playlist. But daddy's gonna remedy that soon. I don't want to deluge our honored webmaster with too much all at once.
Suffice it to say, they is on they way.

Interesting note to Goldsmith fans: I have heard tell that Islands in the Stream is JG's personal favorite.
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:26 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Oop,
Also, I must be a bit wacked in the head. The Ben-Hur score has only 85 tracks not 140. The memory starts to fade after 30.
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:57 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

OK, so I'm definitely whacked in the head.
In the continuing tail-tucking theme, I must apologize for completely misunderstanding that Jeric does not accept CD burns as contributions. I'll chalk this one up to being new to the site and woefully uninformed. Rookie mistake. Thanks for the clarification Cocles. Your patience with me is commendable.

I have every confidence Ben-Hur and El Cid will eventually make it to the playlist (I'm jamming an envelope with a wad o dough just to be sure).
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:02 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

I gave Jeric a link to a good deal on the El Cid CD, and Gallows posted this in the chat:

http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=72197

Hooyah Booyah...
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:19 pm   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Thanks Cocles,
I have another question that I'm sure has already been addressed but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

OK. I of course understand why Jeric needs to get original material for use on the playlist. But what is acceptable from a bootleg standpoint? As an example I'll use the rejected 13th Warrior score by Graeme Revell. I have that CD (2 CD set which also includes Goldsmith"s expanded score) and it's a bootleg, at least the version I have.

So my question is this. Do sales of bootlegs benefit the artists, and if not, why is that acceptable and burned CD's are not?

I promise. I'm not trying to be difficult. I am just curious.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:54 pm   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

It's the way the laws work. Even if it's a bootleg, Jeric still purchased the disc. By purchasing a disc you are granted certain rights. Such as the right to listen to it with your friends, and (as long as certain guidelines are followed) broadcast it.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:09 pm   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Ok, I ordered Ben-Hur today @ buy.com for $24.21 with free shipping. El Cid is out of stock there and it's only $12.99 with free shipping so I put myself on the list to be notified when it is available again. In the mean time I'll try to beat the price somewhere else.

buy.com is AWESOME!

USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:04 pm   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Excellent, now I'll something to play while riding my new Chariot.

SlowMo and Cal and be my horses, "Flem and Dutch!"
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:44 pm   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Well I for one could not be more exstatic.
Jeric, you rock my world. Thanks to Cocles for taking my suggestion to the forum. Ben-Hur is a must have.
I'm sure El Cid will surface soon.
A package is still coming to you Jeric. You will definitely be entertained. - Viva SST.com!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:20 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Woohoo!!! I can't wait!

USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:42 pm   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

Awww yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:04 am   Post subject: Ben Hur & El Cid Reply with quote

El Cid became available again today @ buy.com. I ordered it for $12.99 w/free delivery!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: