StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

2006 SST Awards +Need New Logo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 am   Post subject: 2006 SST Awards +Need New Logo Reply with quote

By popular demand, we're adding 2 new categories to the SST Awards this year.

Track of the Year
Composer of the Year

Both will have 5 nominees. Official announcement will be tonight.

Our current logo says "Soundtrack of the Year".

Does anyone want to create a new logo for us that says "SST Awards" instead? We'll need it as soon as possible!

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=SST_Awards

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm a bit confused: so, we get to nominate STs, tracks, and composers starting tonight?
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
Sorry, I'm a bit confused: so, we get to nominate STs, tracks, and composers starting tonight?

Tonight the nominated (which have already been selected) soundtracks, tracks and composers will be officially announced.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to vote on these awards!! I think I agree with nate's comments in another post that I'll pay more attention to these awards than the Oscars from now on!...

Rolling Eyes

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Composer of the Year poll is up in the VIP forums.

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST Awards Page wrote:
The nominees and winner are carefully selected by SST staff, members, and VIPs.

When was the chance for the VIP members to suggest nominees? Was it in a forum? If not, where was it? Wherever it was, I'm sorry to have missed it Sad For future reference, when does the chance to suggest nominees usually begin?

-LOTRKing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It varies from year to year. This year we only included the mods and admins in the nominee selection process.

Don't worry LOTRKing, there's plenty of epic nominees to choose from. Wink

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST Awards Page wrote:
The nominees and winner are carefully selected by SST staff, members, and VIPs.

Well the nominees were handled by the SST staff, while the winners are selected by VIPs.

LOTRKing wrote:
When was the chance for the VIP members to suggest nominees? Was it in a forum? If not, where was it? Wherever it was, I'm sorry to have missed it For future reference, when does the chance to suggest nominees usually begin?

-LOTRKing

As I answered above, the nominees were handled by all of the SST staff while the winners are selected by VIPs. So, to specifically answer your questions there was not a forum for VIPs to suggest nominees, so you did not miss it. Hope that clears it up, if you have any other questions let me know.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Don't worry LOTRKing, there's plenty of epic nominees to choose from. Wink

Laughing Thanks JERIC Laughing

Also, thanks JERIC and Nate for the answers, the stuff on the SST Awards page had me kinda confused (obviously). Perhaps that page should be updated to be more specific?

Thanks again! Smile

-LOTRKing

P.S. Was also happy to see Time Machine won in 2002, the 2002 SSTers had good taste! Wink
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12481

derler is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View derler's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought to have missed it, too, because of the possibility to make suggestions last year. And unfortunately I'm not yet a VIP , is it possible to see the nominees lists nevertheless? Just on pure curiosity... Smile Wink
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:

LOTRKing wrote:
When was the chance for the VIP members to suggest nominees? Was it in a forum? If not, where was it? Wherever it was, I'm sorry to have missed it For future reference, when does the chance to suggest nominees usually begin?

-LOTRKing

As I answered above, the nominees were handled by all of the SST staff while the winners are selected by VIPs. So, to specifically answer your questions there was not a forum for VIPs to suggest nominees, so you did not miss it. Hope that clears it up, if you have any other questions let me know.

I miss the opportunity for all members to suggest nominees - that was most of the fun of the contest in the past few years. Members can start more "Best of" lists in the forums, but I think several folks were waiting to share their picks for the SST contest, so it's a big letdown. It would have been nice to have had some advance notice so we wouldn't have waited.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry zirael that this is a big letdown for you. I didn't know it was that important or fun for the community.

I can't offer much of an excuse other than I am always very busy that I sometimes lose sight of things.

It's my fault and I am very sorry. :'(

Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

zirael wrote:

I miss the opportunity for all members to suggest nominees

I miss it too but I hope we will see it back next year! Very Happy

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

zirael wrote:
I miss the opportunity for all members to suggest nominees - that was most of the fun of the contest in the past few years. Members can start more "Best of" lists in the forums, but I think several folks were waiting to share their picks for the SST contest, so it's a big letdown. It would have been nice to have had some advance notice so we wouldn't have waited.

I agree with zirael. While I am pleased that the awards have been expanded, I am extremely disappointed that members will not be able to contribute to the nomination process. I have been listening to my 2006 collection over the past few months in anticipation of putting forward my nominees and now I find it was all in vain. At least I enjoyed the music.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the nominees, I think they are all very worthy, but I would have put Epicon on the list as ST of the year. Wink Alas, the list is still a good one, so I am not too disappointed. Smile However, I was very glad to be able to vote for Preliator! Very Happy

-LOTRKing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: