StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Royalty Rates for Webcasts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Australia Darth_Thor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 16311

Darth_Thor is offline View user's profile Send private message Darth_Thor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070416-internet-radio-dealt-severe-blow-as-copyright-board-rejects-appeal.html today

Not good Sad
dalandis
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is scary. JERIC... can you elaborate on what is happening in light of Darth_Thor's posted link?

I've sent my letters.

Is SST in serious danger here?

I'll listen to ads in my stream if I have to... rather than lose my beloved SST.

-dalandis
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have to wait and see how this trickles down to us since we pay royalties through 3rd parties. We're discussing several scenarios backstage but it would be premature to bring these discussions to the public right now.

I assure you, we will survive this.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new SaveNetRadio messages that are playing in the stream, but is there any reason why it always plays the same message twice in a row?
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
I like the new SaveNetRadio messages that are playing in the stream, but is there any reason why it always plays the same message twice in a row?

Doubling our efforts to save net radio!!!!

Last edited by Nate on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
[queue="LOTRKing"]

queue? Laughing

Seriously though, nate, playing a message, and then playing it immediately again isn't going to make much of a difference Neutral
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
playing a message, and then playing it immediately again isn't going to make much of a difference Neutral

Oh yes it is. They do it all the time with television commercials. It's a well-known and successful technique. It might tick people off, but it gets their attention - and that's the goal.
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
LOTRKing wrote:
playing a message, and then playing it immediately again isn't going to make much of a difference Neutral

Oh yes it is. They do it all the time with television commercials. It's a well-known and successful technique. It might tick people off, but it gets their attention - and that's the goal.

Welcome to the Head-On School of Marketing.

Laughing

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrote my reps... one canned response and this one from my senator. Would love some good thoughtful feedback that I can respond to him with some facts so that he can see how this will impact. I'm swamped with work so hard for me to put it together.

--Mel Martinez (rep) Florida Senator
Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent ruling by the Copyright Royalty Board. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to take this opportunity to respond.

On March 2, 2007, the Copyright Royalty Board of the Library of Congress issued a ruling that proposes changing royalty rates from a percentage of revenue to a per-song, per-listener fee for online radio stations. The new rates will be retroactive to 2006 and will be increased incrementally each year through 2010. For 2007, online radio stations would pay $0.0011 per-song per-listener.

I understand your concern that these new rates will limit access to online radio. Please know that I will continue to monitor negotiations between online radio services, the recording industry, and the Copyright Royalty Board. In addition, I will keep your thoughtful comments in mind should legislation be considered on the federal level.
--- end political bs
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you got a reply back from your Senator.
Lieutenant

Member#: 10809

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have e-mailed the New Hampshire congressional delegation. I am a member of my county Democratic Committee and will be meeting with them tonight. At the meeting, I will be passing out information on this issue and getting all the other members mobilized. Then, I plan to meet face-to-face with my Congresswoman, Rep. Carol Shea-Porter, for whom I campaigned last year. I will strongly encourage her to sponsor a bill in the House to block implementation of the new royalty rates to allow time for negotiation of rates that meet a reasonable standard of SANITY!!

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more! ... God for JERIC, the Internet and St, George!!!"

*draws claymor and charges into the breach, yelling his clan battle cry* -- "CRUACHAN!!!" ....
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

True... I'd like to get him some specifics on how it will affect a 'station' like SST. .0011 doesn't sound like much until you put them in a context of real numbers. Just kind of fidgeting I was coming up with some numbers that were scary. Is there something that shows # of listeners and songs per day? Obviously with some of our tunes there's a steady variance but it'd help me alot!
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblinmoon wrote:
Is there something that shows # of listeners and songs per day? Obviously with some of our tunes there's a steady variance but it'd help me alot!

You can view stats of the listeners from the past couple of hours here.

It's not per day, but you can extrapolate to get an estimate of the amount of songs per day.
And the amount of listeners varies a lot.. about 100 - 150 in the US night to 500 - 650 during the US day.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A new link in the ongoing saga:

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-6179627.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Let's hope it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: