StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Royalty Rates for Webcasts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*wonders if me standing all alone in front of the American embassy in Berlin carrying a sign: SaveNetRadio!!! will leave any kind of impression....* Wink
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
*wonders if me standing all alone in front of the American embassy in Berlin carrying a sign: SaveNetRadio!!! will leave any kind of impression....* Wink

Maybe I should join you Alien! Wink Laughing

BTW: I live only 150 km from Berlin and about 570 km from Embassy of USA in Poland (in Warsaw).

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually ran into my rep at The Wichita River Festival on Friday, apparently he never got to my phone message or email because "was not aware of the issue" but he "thanked me for bringing it to his attention" and promised to "look into it." Hopefully he join the group of supporters.

-LOTRKing
founder of the KBFC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on SaveNetRadio that legislation has been introduced into the Senate! Cool (And I'm happy to say that Kansas' Senator helped to sponsor it! Wink )
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10809

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news, LOTR!!

The bill number is S.1353 -- and Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) introduced it on May 10th. As of this morning, it has only ONE co-sponsor: Sen Sam Brownback (R-Kansas). (Check it out here: http://thomas.loc.gov/ . Below the "Search Bill text" window, select "Bill Number". Type S.1353 in the window and click the "Search" button.)

So, it's time to make those phone calls and send those e-mails and snail mail letters to your Senator. Tell them that fairness alone makes it mandatory for them to sign on as a co-sponsor of S.1353!! And tell them they need to act _IMMEDIATELY!! The clock is still ticking down to the July 15th deadline!!

Last edited by don0don on Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
don0don
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have said "...your senators (plural). We all need to call/e-mail/write both of our senators. Each state has two, but each senator represents the entire state. It's not like in the House!

So, let's get the e-mail bytes flying, the phones ringing and the letters into the snail mail stream!! As Capt. Jack Aubrey says, "There's not a moment to lose!"
Australia Darth_Thor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 16311

Darth_Thor is offline View user's profile Send private message Darth_Thor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/23/0112232&from=rss today

I assume SST would qualify as a small webcaster?

(Not that I like the proposal at all)
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sounded to me like there is a faction afraid that equality would not be in their own best interests so they are trying to appease smaller webcasters - in the long run it would mean that if SST did become larger - then it would be 'hit by the bus' as well - - i think we need to continue in our support of S.1353
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 pm   Post subject: JULY 15 is coming up fast! Reply with quote

Here is a response I got.
Do take the 5-10 minutes to find your officals' numbers and call or write! They have to really know we are out here..

Greetings,
Thank you once again for your support of the SaveNetRadio campaign. As you know, the future of Internet radio is in serious danger. Thanks to all your letters and calls to Congressional representatives the “Internet Radio Equality Act ", H.R. 2060, has been co-sponsored by 109 Representatives in just over 1 month! As you can see from the speed at which the House bill is picking up co-sponsors and the attention this issue is receiving, your phone calls are an extremely effective way to pressure your representatives in Congress to lend their support to Internet radio.
A companion bill in the Senate, S. 1353, also named “The Internet Radio Equality Act,” was introduced on May 10 and thanks to your tens of thousands of phone calls this bill has been put on the radar of every Senator.
We are requesting our subscribers contribute to the SaveNetRadio campaign by visiting our donation page:
Any amount is greatly appreciated and will go a long way to supporting our grassroots lobbying efforts, including bringing artists to Washington to speak to members of Congress in support of the Internet Radio Equality Act. We are also planning a host of other activities to pressure Congress to create a structural solution for this vitally important issue before July 15th, the date the new rate structure will go into effect.
Your opinion matters to your representatives, and it matters to us. Without your support these bills could not have been introduced and without your continued support they cannot be passed.
Please visit SaveNetRadio.org to continue following the fight to Save Internet Radio.
Thank you,
The SaveNetRadio Coalition
To find the phone numbers for your Senators and for your Congressional representative, as well as talking points for the calls, please visit http://capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/home/ and enter your zip code.

The night crew and all of Europe, South America, and the other 3 continents are depending on the US to make it work!
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:36 pm   Post subject: For folks outside the USA Reply with quote

For the listeners that are not within the borders of the USA and are concerned about the future of our internet radio system, I found email address that would work if you wanted to drop them a message. I also copied the suggested message from Save Internet Radio.
thanks much!!!

Washington State is covered! WE be cool!!!!

Email for U.S. Senators
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

go there and pick a state of do as many as you can!

As we have a ton more Reps, it is a bit harder to find. But go for it! Pick a state and send!

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

WRITE OUR SENATORS AND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE NOW TO ASK THEM TO CO-SPONSOR THE INTERNET RADIO EQUALITY ACT, S. 1353 IN THE SENATE AND H.R. 2060 IN THE HOUSE!

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger!

Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on July 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!). If the increased rates remain unchanged, the majority of webcasters will go bankrupt and silent on this date. Internet radio needs your help!

The Internet Radio Equality Act has recently been introduced in both the House and Senate to save the Internet radio industry. Please call your senators and your representative to ask them to co-sponsor the Internet Radio Equality Act.

Be sure to let them know you are a strong supporter and listener from outside the USA and this means a lot to you!!!

thanks much for taking the time!!!!
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

July 15th is just 24 days away.

Even though you have called before, if your Senator or House Rep hasn't signed on as a co-sponsor, it's time to call again! If they have signed on, call and ask them to actively recruit other members as co-sponsors. S.1353 still has only TWO co-sponsors -- we need 51! And remember: each state has two senators and both of them represent the entire state (not like members of the House who represent discrete districts), so you need to call BOTH of them -- again!

There was a flurry of calls and letters when these bills were first introduced and then things quieted down. Let's not give our Senators and Reps the impression that our attention has wandered off to other issues -- keep up the pressure. We need to get a majority in both the House and Senate to sign on as co-sponsors of H.R. 2060 and S. 1353.

And let them know the Copyright Royalty Board's bogus counter-offer is a pile of steaming -- well, you get the idea.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an article - http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntry.asp?hid=138308&pt=todaysnews - through SAVETHENET.COM that said there would be a large number of webcasters going silent on June 26 in honor of 'Day of Silence' - hoping to draw attention to the plight of internet radio

is SST planning to be part of that?
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST will not be participating in the day of silence.

BQ
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh... I e-mailed 99 senators today, and now I really, really know what my name, street address, ZIP-code and e-mail address is. Razz
You people in the US have way too many politicians!
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You Europeans have just as many politicians as we do...

...they're just not elected.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: