StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[ADDED] The Descent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:00 pm   Post subject: [ADDED] The Descent Reply with quote

FYI: Soundtrack has been added to the playlist.
You can request from the album here.

My friend was saying he couldn't find this soundtrack so I was like hey, I'll just go check SST and see how it sounds and if it's worth buying and get it if it is! But then I found out it's not here. From the Amazon samples it seems like it's pretty good but they're so short!
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to the Amazon samples would have been nice too.
Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Descent-David-Julyan/dp/B000EYK29G/
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And a poll surely would make certain things easier too. Wink
The movie was quite good, the music was... okay! It reminded me strongly of earlier works by David Julyan.
Here's a link to a review of this particular soundtrack.
Also there's been a podcast featuring some snippets and comments about it.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI: Gecko predates the playlist request format. Thanks for going easy on a old timer.

jeff
sdg
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link to the playlist. Just click the pic, Mr. angry clay dog forum police wannabe. Forget it though, I just was surprised it wasn't there 'cause I thought this station was here to have all the soundtracks... only to read the new elite qualifications soundtracks have to have to be added by Jeric now. Smile
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gecko wrote:
There is a link to the playlist. Just click the pic, Mr. angry clay dog forum police wannabe.

Embarassed I stand corrected. I obviously wasn't aware the picture was the link.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, I copied the code from one of Jeric's posts so I thought it was some kind of standard click-the-pic-and-go thing by now. I honestly haven't been keeping up with the forums much. It is big enough that you might accidentally click it, though. o.-
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I listened to the samples and cannot say that anything specific stood out to me. There seems like there could be a few nice tracks, but just based on the samples I cannot say that I strongly feel it should or shouldn't be added. Generally I am all for adding scores to allow for more variation and exposure to new scores but with the playlist focus I am not sure this is a strong enough album to have added. Just my two cents!
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I do is mouse over the pic as there are many who know how to do that. But, personally there's not much to it in the samples other then just the sounds that in the movie that make you know something creepy is about to happen. No real music. I'd say no.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are forgetting about napster.com. It's gone legit now. So you can listen to the entire soundtrack (plus adverts - what do you expect?) for free, legally, and then make your decision. Unfortunately, it only works in the US.
http://www.napster.com/view/album/index.html?id=12140871

Napster has a pretty good selection of scores for your listening pleasure. It's like the public library, but you don't have to wait in line for new releases.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladyinque wrote:
You guys are forgetting about napster.com. It's gone legit now. So you can listen to the entire soundtrack (plus adverts - what do you expect?) for free, legally, and then make your decision.

Wow, thanks for the suggestion Ladyinque! Listening to it right now to see if it is any better than the samples I listened to.

Did you have any comments regarding the score after you listened to it Ladyinque?
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't listened to the whole thing. Probably because the tracks to which I did listen, I found boring. I don't doubt that this score works well in the context of the film, which I am too chicken to see, but as a listening experience, I gave up after a few tracks. And I tried the ones I thought might be exciting, or at least, longer. I think this would be good creepy atmospheric music for Halloween or a horror roleplaying session, but just as music I would give it a miss. It's all tone, no music. I certainly wouldn't add it to the playlist.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: Soundtrack added to the playlist.

Here is link to the album:

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan

Last edited by molossus on Tue May 01, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Way cool. Curious how it will suit into SST!
But why are there so few tracks of the album included?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: