StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Star Wars vs Star Trek
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek!
44%
 44%  [ 29 ]
Star Wars!
43%
 43%  [ 28 ]
Oh my gosh, I think my coolness level dropped a million points just by looking at this forum! O_o
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
What are stars, and why do they go on treks and have wars with each other?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 65

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:50 pm   Post subject: Star Wars vs Star Trek Reply with quote

YE BE WARNED!!! You have just entered the nerdiest forum in all of SST!!!

Having said that, here is the big question:

Which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Give us your answers, and why you think that way. Also, I'm referring to the Star Wars movies, and the Star Trek shows/movies, not the books, soundtracks, or anything else.

So what is my opinion? Star Trek of course! It out-cools Star Wars in every way! Cool

So adjust your pocket protectors, and be sure to Use The Force, and Make It So!, and give us your answers.

Wink

-LOTRKing
founder of the KBFC
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the technical definitions don't fit....

I look at Star Trek music for the most part as "Classical" space music,

and I look at Star Wars music as great "Popular" music. . .
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. Both are great for their respective qualities. Star Wars has Jedi, awesome battles (surface and space), and the classic good vs. evil formula. Star Trek to me is more about exploration of the unknown and humanity's or life in general place in the universe.

If I have to pick one though, it be Star Wars.

Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both, but I voted for Star Trek.
For me, Star Wars is more of a fairy tale in a science fiction setting. It's good, the space battles were awesome, and the villains were entertainingly evil... but that's it.
Star Trek is a tad more "realistic"(Wink)... less Midichlorians and more techno-babble.
A closet idealist like me can look forward to a time when humanity will have overcome most of our internal conflicts (not that I see this happening anytime soon...) and will have developed faster-than-light travel (by going swooooosh-BOOOM! in space. Once there, we will meet tons of extraterrestrials who are considerably less weird than certain 21st century Earthlings.Very Happy

And last, but not least... there's more Star Trek than Star Wars!!!!
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Alien!

Sound_Track wrote:
Although the technical definitions don't fit....

I look at Star Trek music for the most part as "Classical" space music,

and I look at Star Wars music as great "Popular" music. . .

Agreed!
I'm also more fond of Star Trek than Star Wars, especially regarding it's composers
(Sorry John, but Jerry just rocks! Wink )

Nevertheless I enjoy both franchises a great deal... I just happen to love Trek a bit more than Wars. Cool

Good thread idea, LOTR! *thumbs up*
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TOP TEN REASONS WHY THE STAR WARS CHARACTERS WOULD KICK BUTT IN THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE

10) In the Star Wars Universe weapons are rarely, if ever, set on "stun".

9) The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an anti-matter unit and a crew of 20 just to go into warp --- The Millennium Falcon does the same thing with R2-D2 and a Wookie.

8 ) After resisting the Imperial torture droid and Darth Vader, Princess Leia still looked fresh and desirable --- After pithy Cardassian starvation torture, Picard looked like hell.

7) One word: Lightsabers.

6) Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with one glance.

5) The Death Star doesn't care if a world is class "M" or not.

4) Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with every alien he encounters.

3) Jabba the Hutt would eat Harry Mudd for trying to cut in on his action.

2) The Federation would have to attempt to liberate any ship named "Slave I".

1) Picard pilots the Enterprise through asteroid belts at one-quarter impulse power --- Han Solo floors it.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

nice caray
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"4) Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with every alien he encounters."

His sister on the other hand...well...

ST RULES! SW DROOLS!
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the whole "Star Wars vs. Star Trek" argument rather silly.

Spoiler:
...Star Wars is obviously superior.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a rather silly arguement because the real winner is:

Spoiler:
FIREFLY!!!!
Cool
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ... and Razz to you too! Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both, but I had to vote Star Wars because it was my world when I was about 12 years old, right before Lucas blew the crud out of it with his edit jobs and the new trilogy.

I loved Star Trek TNG, DS9 and most of the movies...but they killed off Data, and it made me cry. Poor Spot... Sad
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:21 am   Post subject: Scotty Gets Beamed Up. Reply with quote

Scotty' set to be launched into space

By ALICIA A. CALDWELL, Associated Press Writer

EL PASO, Texas - If all goes as planned Saturday, the cremated remains of the actor who portrayed "Scotty" aboard Star Trek's starship Enterprise will sail into suborbital space aboard a rocket launched from the southern New Mexico desert.
ADVERTISEMENT

Actor
James Doohan's remains, along with those of Apollo 7 astronaut Gordon Cooper and about 200 others, are aboard the second private rocket scheduled to be launched at Spaceport America, a commercial spaceport being developed in Upham, N.M.

UP Aerospace Inc. of Farmington, Conn., launched the first rocket from the desert site in September. But that Spaceloft XL rocket crashed into the rugged desert after spiraling out of control about nine seconds after liftoff.

Company officials blamed the failure on a faulty fin design. A Spaceloft SL-2 rocket, with a fourth fin added for stability, will carry the cremains, which were loaded into the rocket last month.

Family members paid $495 to place a few grams of their relatives' ashes on the rocket. Celestis, a Texas company, contracted with UP to send the cremated remains into space.

Charles Chafer, chief executive of Celestis, said last month that a CD with more than 11,000 condolences and fan notes was placed on the rocket with Doohan's cremains.

Doohan died in July 2005, at age 85. The remains of Gene Roddenberry, who created "Star Trek," were sent into space in 1997.

Saturday's launch from the fledgling spaceport — currently a 100-foot by 25-foot concrete slab in a patch of desert more than 50 miles north of Las Cruces — continues to keep the New Mexico project ahead of its nearest competitor in the West Texas desert.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070428/ap_en_ce/rocket_launch
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12608

Darth-bobba is offline View user's profile Send private message View Darth-bobba's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://federationvsempire.ytmnd.com/

Razz blah blah Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: