StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Star Wars vs Star Trek
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek!
44%
 44%  [ 29 ]
Star Wars!
43%
 43%  [ 28 ]
Oh my gosh, I think my coolness level dropped a million points just by looking at this forum! O_o
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
What are stars, and why do they go on treks and have wars with each other?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 65

USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerf Herder!!!!! I love Robot Chicken. LOL Lightning bolt!! Fire FIre!! LOL
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I need one of these:

This is where you'll find one:

http://dvice.com/archives/2008/02/han_solo_desk_m.php
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice WL0!
Does FrozenHan have one of these?
UK Redcap
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 20366

Redcap is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Redcap's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Vs Star Trek eh?

Time to don body armour, grab a persons protective shield, and look for a D-Jump unit... surely they're as good as each other, but in different ways?
It is by forums that I set my mind in motion. It is by the chaos on the forums that thoughts acquire speed, the eyes become square the squares become a warning. It is by forums that I set my mind in motion.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one of the desks almost as much as frozenhan I bet sirius Wink
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:

Well I want that desk too. Do they ship it to the Netherlands ???? Very Happy
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:
weaponlordzero wrote:

Well I want that desk too. Do they ship it to the Netherlands ???? Very Happy

Maybe, but could you afford it? Razz
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly can't Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*points to SST ranks*

I'm a Star Wars fan myself, but SST is officially Federation territory. Spoiler:
And you can make longer Star Trek trains too!

03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lieutenant!! Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if any of the star wars fans in here are interested (or don't already know about this) but here is a link to the new clone wars series that is coming out later this year first in the cinema then as a series on TV. http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html Very Happy
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:32 pm   Post subject: Just in passing Reply with quote

STAR TREK

I did not want to start another topic so borrowed this one for this obituary.

Majel Barrett Roddenberry
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Majel Barrett Roddenberry, the widow of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry who nurtured the legacy of the seminal science fiction TV series after his death, has died. She was 76.

Roddenberry died of leukemia Thursday morning at her home in Bel-Air, said Sean Rossall, a family spokesman.

At Roddenberry's side were family friends and her son, Eugene Roddenberry Jr.

Roddenberry was involved in the "Star Trek" universe for more than four decades. She played the dark-haired Number One in the original pilot but metamorphosed into the blond, miniskirted Nurse Christine Chapel in the original 1966-69 show. She had smaller roles in all five of its television successors and many of the "Star Trek" movie incarnations, although she had little actual involvement in the productions.

She frequently was the voice of the ship's computer, and about two weeks ago she completed the same role for the upcoming J.J. Abrams movie "Star Trek," Rossall said.

Roddenberry also helped keep the franchise alive by inspiring fans and attended a major "Star Trek" convention each year, Rossall said.

"I think 'Star Trek' will always be her legacy," Rossall said.

"Star Trek" and its successors often focused on political and philosophical issues of the day. Roddenberry and her husband, who died in 1991, believed in creating "thoughtful entertainment" and were proud of the show and the passionate devotion of its fans, Rossall said.

"My mother truly acknowledged and appreciated the fact that 'Star Trek' fans played a vital role in keeping the Roddenberry dream alive for the past 42 years. It was her love for the fans, and their love in return, that kept her going for so long after my father passed away," her son said in a statement on the official Roddenberry Web site.

Born Majel Lee Hudec on Feb. 23, 1932, in Cleveland, Ohio, Roddenberry began taking acting classes as a child. She had some stage roles and then in the late 1950s and 1960s had bit parts in a few movies and small roles in TV series, including "Leave It to Beaver" and "Bonanza."

She met her husband in 1964 during a guest role for a Marine Corps drama he produced called "The Lieutenant." That same year, she was cast in the pilot for the "Star Trek" series as the no-nonsense second-in-command. The pilot did not appeal to NBC executives and a second pilot was made, although portions of the original later showed up in a two-part episode called "The Menagerie."

The couple married in Japan in 1969 after "Star Trek" was canceled. After her husband's death, Roddenberry continued her involvement with the "Star Trek" franchise.

She also was the executive producer for two other TV science fiction series, "Andromeda" and "Earth: Final Conflict."

Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's sad. Sad
I liked her very much and Star Trek really meant more to her than just being the creation of her late husband.
At least they are together now.
Rest in Peace, Mrs. Roddenberry! Good luck on your journey to places where no man has gone before...
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"May the 4th Be With You? Star Wars vs. Star Trek!" posted by the TiVo folks on YouTube:

Spoiler warning: If you are one of the few people left on the planet who hasn’t seen the new Star Trek and you don't want to see scenes from it, don’t watch this.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:

Rest in Peace, Mrs. Roddenberry! Good luck on your journey to places where no man has gone before...

Umm, isn't she gone where plenty of people have gone before? Like 5 billion or so? Like her husband?

In fact, she's headed to that Undiscovered Country, from whose bourne no traveler returns.

Death has been on my mind today. Sorry if I'm bringing people down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: