StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

American Graffiti !! 2 disc CD soundtrack !! Vote Now !!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should We Add American Graffiti to SST ?
OPTION #1 "Heck yea, you got the coolest car in the Valley"
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
OPTION #2 "No way, Rock and Roll corrupts young minds !"
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 30

USA Jim_A
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:27 pm   Post subject: American Graffiti !! 2 disc CD soundtrack !! Vote Now !! Reply with quote

Don't be a square, you know you want a little classic rock n' roll to break up the monotony now and then. Yea, you know you want it ! So vote now for the 2 disc edition of American Graffiti to be added to SST !!

Please see this link at Amazon.com for sample tracks, and track listings. Razz

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Hits-Soundtrack-American-Graffiti/dp/B000002O81/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-0535562-9742541?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177015971&sr=1-1

by Natedogg_23 *edited poll wording for language*.
USA What_r_u_wearing
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9613

What_r_u_wearing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail What_r_u_wearing's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time of this posting there are 4 yea and 1 no way. Who could possibly say no way to American
Graffiti?

WRUW?
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Viva La George Lucas!! Very Happy
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh American Graffiti. yes definate yes.

I thought it said Grease the first time I read it which would have been a big no.
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I voted 'no' for a couple of reasons and one of the reasons is NOT because I think Rock and Roll corrupts young minds.

First, as I mentioned in the Curious George thread I think there are too many songs (vocal tracks) already and this soundtrack is all songs (with the focus being instrumental music, adding an entire album of only songs doesn't seem to fit with SST).

Second, this 2CD set is basically a compilation album best I can tell. Generally, the songs that are included at SST (in my experience) are those songs that are created specifically for the movie or can be directly associated with the movie.

I have no doubt that this CD set is a good listen, I just don't think it would be a good addition to the SST playlist library.
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree. Especially as many of the songs are available on other forums. A single song or two on a ST is fine, but this is essentially an album of pop songs from the 50's.
USA maddy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say that I sort of agree with Nate. I think the music to American Graffiti is wonderful, but the music was created first and the movie much later instead of the music being created to fit the movie or the times portrayed.

http://tinyurl.com/ltrodr
http://www.mostphotos.com/maddys713/portfolio
http://www.cutcaster.com/studio/pub/784218913

USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Nate, Goblin, and Maddy...
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no. This 2 cd set is a compilation album of 50s and 60s pop music. Unlike Forrest Gump (which has a score album and a soundtrack album), American Graffiti doesn't have a score track, just the pop tunes. If SST allowed the American Graffiti soundtrack it would also have to allow the Forrest Gump soundtrack (which is a collection of 50s, 60s and 70s pop tunes).

This doesn't mean that I'm dislike the soundtrack. I've had the record version since the mid 80s, and I love the tunes it contains! However, none of the songs were specifically made for the movie.

*throws in vote with Natedogg, Goblinmoon, and Maddy*

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I also vote no although I love alot of everything on it. Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll Vote for this......

When Pink Floyd's soundtrack to THE WALL and Led Zeppelin's soundtrack to THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, and the soundtrack to THE DOORS are included here at SST.

I mean, we've already got PURPLE RAIN here.... so what's the bias about all this anyway ? ? ? ?
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound_Track wrote:
I'll Vote for this......

When Pink Floyd's soundtrack to THE WALL and Led Zeppelin's soundtrack to THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, and the soundtrack to THE DOORS are included here at SST.

I mean, we've already got PURPLE RAIN here.... so what's the bias about all this anyway ? ? ? ?

I see your point Sound_Track, but this is just a compilation of songs used in the movie. It is not a soundtrack of original songs created for the movie. Additionally, the main focus of SST is the score for movies, thus an entire soundtrack of just songs doesn't seem to fit with SST.

Some of the soundtracks you list in your post are, from what I can tell, part of SST history and that is why they are still in the playlist. Plus, if a thread was created to try to remove any of the soundtracks from the playlist, it is generally met with a lot of resistance (ex: Buffy). Thus, it is much easier to manage potential additions rather than possible subtractions from the playlist.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
it is much easier to manage potential additions rather than possible subtractions from the playlist.

Good point Nate! I agree.

I voted "no"

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Some of the soundtracks you list in your post are part of SST history ..
if a thread was created to try to remove any of the soundtracks from the playlist, it is generally met with a lot of resistance..
it is much easier to manage potential additions rather than possible subtractions from the playlist.

Yes, yes, & yes
Well-said, Nate. Thx.
USA Jim_A
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: