StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A letter to the SST Community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:59 am   Post subject: A letter to the SST Community Reply with quote

Let me take off my moderator badge for a minute or two and speak as j2brown (user #9):

I just wanted to take a few minutes to write a big thank you to the whole SST community. What prompted this was the great outpouring of your hard earned money last month, but it goes far beyond that. Like many of you I am often unable to support SST with a direct financial contribution. That makes me even more grateful to those who are both willing and able to make a donation. As many of you know this site has been carried financially by JERIC (and by default BQ and the rest of the JERIC clan) since the beginning. Sometimes the community has covered all the costs, and sometimes it hasn't. I was quite proud to see so many folks step up last month to cover the costs of the new server. I was even more thrilled to see some names on the list that I didn't recognize.

I'd also like to recognize those that appear on the home page every month as having donated albums. I'm not sure who deserves more thanks: those who regularly donate music, or those who take the time and effort to make a single donation.

I would also like to thank those many folks that make up the SST community (both past and present). There are many link me, who aren't music experts or in the business or whatever, who are here because we love the music. However, I often stop by even when I'm unable to
listen to the stream. It's nice to pop in to the chat for a quick hello and take a peek at the forums to see what's going on. Of course it was the music that drew us here, but I believe it is the community that keeps us here. This community is strong, as shown many times in the past: the great chat outage, the recent site shutdown, soundtracksandpop.com, the new server builds, and the latest "save internet radio" campaign. It's made even stronger by the gatherings and events, and the friendships formed among listeners.

Of course I need to mention the staff (again, past and present) who have helped shape an maintain this site, allowing all the good things mentioned above to occur. Even before I was asked to serve as a moderator I was surprised by the responsiveness of the staff when I'd bring an issue to them. I've been around since the beginning (with some periods of minimal activity) and have seen how much time and effort have gone into improving the site and the community. I've watched this site grow from single digit listeners on streams donated by other listeners (when a search on shoutcast for soundtracks returned SST and another station that played music from "adult movies") to what you see today. I'm sure it will only get better from here.

And of course a big thank you to the man who gives the most, JERIC, and BQ and the rest of the family who have supported him and this station since the beginning.

Alright...back to being a moderator.

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: