StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Dreamcatcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Zack
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 256

Zack is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zack's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:24 pm   Post subject: Dreamcatcher Reply with quote

Haha! James Newton Howard has done it again! This soundtrack is a must have!! [Smile]
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:46 pm   Post subject: Dreamcatcher Reply with quote

Of Course!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Jables2002
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 6

Jables2002 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Jables2002's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the movie did not do justice to the book, but Howard did do justice to the score Very Happy
Naminator
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 397

Naminator is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Naminator's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, although I didn't think it was a masterpiece or anything, I did leave the theater on a general high note. It certainly isn't "The worst film of all time" as I've been hearing, that's for sure. Besides, the bathroom scene had to be one of the creepiest (And goriest) moments I can remember in any recent-day horror film, and that should be worth something.

But yeah, I'd really like to hear the album on the website. It was one snazzy score, although the main theme seemed to be a ripoff of the "Metroid Prime" intro... who's counting, though, I suppose.
Jables2002
Ensign
Ensign

Jables2002 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Jables2002's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice something strange about the movie though: The first half of the movie was awesome, and it followed closely to the book, the second half of the movie sucked big time, and it was so different from the book I almost cried for Stephen King.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the writers... William Goldman is THE goto man for Stephen King adaptations. Lawrence Kasdan isn't bad either... he's wrote a couple small movies you might have seen " Empire Strikes Back" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark".
Jables2002
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then what went wrong?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how good the writers are, it doesn't matter if they're ordered to do bad things to the script.
Jables2002
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So you think it was the big-wig Hollywood executives? You're probably right. I hope Kasdan speaks out against them if he is ever asked why the second half of the movie was so different so he can at least have some credibility left.
Naminator
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 397

Naminator is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Naminator's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Dreamcatcher Reply with quote

Thanks for adding it to the playlist, JERIC Very Happy
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Zack
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 256

Zack is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zack's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm still alive. I think they changed things around so that people who didn't read the book would enjoy it better. This is my opinion because I didn't read the book, and I loved the movie.

Movies based on books have always had these kinds of problems. Interestingly, I watched Holes last week and was very surprised and happy to see that it adapted incredibly well: It was very faithful to the book AND it made a really good movie at the same time. What do ya know! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: