StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Video Games Live in Los Angeles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 pm   Post subject: Video Games Live in Los Angeles Reply with quote

Alright fine folks of SST... Yes John Williams just ended and for those of you on the west coast that would like to join me and Xanthippe for Video Games Live, let me know.... Like ASAP. It's on October 19th and I'd like to buy tickets soon, for me at least (birthday present and all).

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

Tickets are $30 for the cheap seats, just cuz I don't really think we need to be all that close. Last year if you read forums, I posted my review here...

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3773&highlight=

It was a lot of fun. I'm not making this a big thing saying everyone should be there (save for JW next year).... But if you're in the LA area or wouldn't mind a few hour drive, I'd say come out.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, Socr - this is soooo tempting!

Right in the heart of downtown LA, just north of Univ. of Southern California. (*checks out football schedule* Wink )

Thanks for the Review link.
So who else here has seen VGL in the US or Europe?
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, especially after I dropped the ball on the JW concert.
USA supercarol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Jack! I mean, Sierra Madre is only a couple of miles farther away than Pasadena... Razz By the way, Soc, I'd love to come, but I'll be in Seattle visiting my sister for her birthday. Sad Have a great time and let me know how it goes, though!
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Peach and I won't be able to make it either. 1 LA concert per year for us, I'm afraid. Wink

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow.. I just realized that the Video Games Live concert is part of the new E For All at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Oct 18-21, 2007.
(This is a huge video game Expo open to the public, as good or better than E3.)

Socr, so I am in for 6 tickets.

Can't wait to see you and Xan again... and any SSTers who can make the show! Very Happy
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright everyone (that reads these forums)... just wanted to bring to your attention that the seats are going fast. I've got the count up to 13 now, that's like.... a lot! lol. As of last night, we'd be in Row E way on the right. Pretty good seats for $30 (plus taxes where applicable).

This is just a reminder that I'll be ordering these tickets next week at the latest. I hope those of you thinking about it will still come even if you don't sit with the rest of us. Should be a lot of fun.
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reviving this thread to get any other last minute people.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003E91CD016A61?artistid=976815&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52

Tickets are still available. 3 more weeks!!!
USA supercarol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... How was it?? I wish I coulda been there, but I'm having a blast with my sister and adorable niece in Seattle. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, Oct. 19, 2007:

It turned out that 12 of us attended the Video Games Live Concert in Los Angeles! Very Happy
The fantastic 3-hour show was in the brand-spanking new Nokia Theatre - its first concert ever! The electronically glitzy theatre is part of the LA Convention Center complex.

The SSTers there were Socr8s, Lieserl, Xanthippe, jackkerouac127, & Twopop - and the rest were Two’s family.

Saturday, Oct. 20th:

The next day everyone (except Jack) spent the day at the E for All Video Games Expo in the Convention center. E for All came about as an alternative to the exclusive, wholesalers only E3. E for All is an open-to-the-public expo where gamers can get their hands on the latest games and gadgets, and network and play with others.

One thrill was getting to meet composer Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2,3,4, Dance Dance Revolution, Gradius III & IV, etc.).

(above) Socr8s, Lieserl, Akira Yamaoka, Twopop

(below) Lieserl getting autographed albums of Silent Hill 3 and 4.

Last edited by Twopop on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We also got to chat with Keith Arem, writer of the amazing new Ascend: Special Edition graphic novel from IDW Publishing.
Keith also composed all of the music for the trailers and video elements of the novel.
They were selling hard-back editions of the novel's artwork, and had an eye-popping trailer playing on a widescreen. We were all truly impressed.

Twopop with Keith Arem:

See the trailer for Ascend here:
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

2, awesome pics! No wonder Lies was raving about Silent Hill for days after that concert - you got to meet the composer! I liked the trailer music as well - Arem is very multi-talented.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Two! Looks like a lot of fun Very Happy
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 9262

Lieserl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Lieserl's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

if theres a VGL concert showing up in your area, i really recommend attending! its pretty entertaining and theres usually always some associated event for the weekend. great stuff! Very Happy

<a href="https://twitter.com/TiffanyTurrill">Twitter</a>

USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Two! Been kinda busy to post the same pictures you took. Yes, I highly recommend checking out the VGL. Just get there super early if you're a MGS fan otherwise you're waiting like 2 hours to play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: