StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

We Were Soldiers.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nitroxide
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 113

Nitroxide is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Nitroxide's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:45 am   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

On the Trailer for We Were Soldiers....Wheres that music from? Its not from the Score CD...pleases if anyone knows, please tell! If you ant to hear it you can go to www.weweresoldiers.com and watch the trailer. Thanks
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:20 pm   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

Windtalkers Trailer (2001)
Gladiator (2000) - Hans Zimmer
Original Trailer Music - Non-Stop Music
Plunkett & Macleane (1999) - Craig Armstrong
Original Trailer Music - Brand X
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:10 pm   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

Huh. There was no Gladiator music on that trailer.. what are you talking about?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:50 pm   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
Huh. There was no Gladiator music on that trailer.. what are you talking about?

I got that listing from a reliable site, which lists what scores are used in a particular trailer. I've never found them to be wrong, but there's a first time for everything. Are you sure?

You do realize that it could be as little as a couple notes of a segue between two longer music cues?

And, no offense, but what is it to you? You didn't ask the question nor did you make any attempt answer it.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:21 pm   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

I was just wondering if your reply was in reply to the question or some kind of accidental post somehow, Cocles. No need to get offended. Also, I simply don't see why a movie would have to use any music from another soundtrack, especially if it was just two notes. And from listening to the trailer, the music I heard sounded a lot like what is on the soundtrack I've been hearing on this station. Sometimes answering questions take a bit of discussion, you know. It definitely confused me when you said there was Gladiator music in it.
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:20 pm   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

Just to get a better understanding, Cocles, can you tell me what site you got that information from? I have been looking for sites like that before without success.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:17 am   Post subject: We Were Soldiers..... Reply with quote

To answer Gecko's question:

Say I'm Universal Studios.
Okay, I've got this movie coming out and I need to make the trailer. Unfortunately, although I have the footage I do NOT have the score yet, because that is done last after the film has been edited (so you can match of the music to the movie, silly).

So what am I to do?
Wait a minute! As Universal Studios I have a whole damn library of music scores from previous movies that I can use for pretty much free of charge (because they're mine!).
So... as with the Gladiator Trailer, you have the music from Conan the Barbarian playing.

So there you have it.
Why use only two notes?
As an editor, with full access to Universal's library, you use what works.

Do these two scores sound great on the trailer?

Yes!

But does the segue between the two songs work?

No!

But you still want to keep the two songs because they work so well, don't you?

Yes!

Would these two notes from the Gladiator soundtrack fix the segue?

Yes!

Then use them... but wait a minute... why don't you just create those two notes yourself?

Because I don't have a full orchestra at my disposal you dolt. I'm also an overworked, underpaid editor. So just let me use the damn CD and stop giving me hell.

Oh, sorry.

So there you have it.

As for the site I used:
http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: