StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Second Annual International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

im jade... now I dig the name jade so that is cool.. but.. Captian Jade Kniefnose

FABULOUS lol
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

workervr wrote:
im jade... now I dig the name jade so that is cool.. but.. Captian Jade Kniefnose

FABULOUS lol

Not a problem my good wench!!!

Make a nose ring instead of a knife!

Or

More befittin' a woman of your standards...

Next time we plunder, we will bring home some jade for you!!!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a name generator and a ship name generator.

Apparently I'm Captain Iron Jane Tucker of the ship Crown Dragon. Cool...and sorta creepy, considering it got my last name right and I never entered it o_o;
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 21964

Soundbite is offline View user's profile Send private message View Soundbite's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

USA Soundbite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 21964

Soundbite is offline View user's profile Send private message View Soundbite's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrrgh! Maties, be thar i be not. I be havin to walk the plank to Chicago I be. Be breakin me brother out his old place, and movin he to Colrado.
Castin me self to Davey Jones locker for not bein here I be! Arrrrr!!!

Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pirate name is:

Scowlin' George Barbossa
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:23 pm   Post subject: Tunes for a Pirate! Reply with quote

Here is the list I found from our vast collection. I was informed there are tracks in the Final Fantasy series that are about pirates.. I have no clue. So if someone were to add them that is cool.

The Buccaneers(NOT pirates)

The Buccaneer

Captain Blood

Cutthroat Island

~~~~~~~~~Hook

Ice Pirates,The

Muppet Treasure Island

Finding Neverland

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl

The Princesess Bride

SeaHawk, The

Shipwrecked
7th Voyage Of Sinbad, The

Sinbad, Legend Of The Seven Seas

Treasured Island

Last edited by Cinder on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:38 pm   Post subject: Always a Muppet fan... Reply with quote

Treasure Island Muppet style Is my favorite.
The Cast humans and Muppets

The Map!

Some of the Crew:

Blind Pew is a threatening pirate who hunts for Billy Bones in Muppet Treasure Island. As in the original Treasure Island, Pew is after the treasure map, accompanied by other former members of Captain Flint's crew. In contrast to the novel, where Pew's blindness enhanced his sinister qualities, his disability renders him a comic figure, grasping at a moose head and mistaking Jim Hawkins for a girl.

Blind Pew visits the Admiral Benbow Inn to give Billy Bones the black spot, indicating that Bones will soon die. He later returns with a gang of pirates, searching for Bones' treasure map. A lamp gets knocked over in the ruckus, setting the inn ablaze.

Pew is last seen wandering blindly through the flames, saying, "I think I smell something burning, no?" His fate is unknown.

Squire Trelawney was portrayed in Muppet Treasure Island by Fozzie Bear.
Mr. Bimbo lives in his finger.
{ I think he looks a lot like Governor Weatherby Swann-Elizabeth's wippy dad}

Billy Bones is the drunken, wizened resident of the Admiral Benbow Inn in Muppet Treasure Island. An inveterate teller of tales, Bones spends his days recalling his time as a member of Captain Flint's crew, before Blind Pew, Black Dog, and other old shipmates seek him out.

The already nervy Bones, terrified of the one-legged man, is further distressed by the receipt of the Black Spot. The captain entrusts the map to Jim Hawkins, but dies soon after of a heart attack.

Captain Flint is the fabled buccaneer captain in Muppet Treasure Island. Flint is glimpsed in the film's prologue, bringing his treasure ashore to be buried, and ruthlessly shooting a shipmate to preserve the secret.

Though long dead during the film's main narrative, the search for Flint's treasure drives the plot. It was also Flint who callously took up with Benjamina Gunn, after she was jilted by Captain Abraham Smollett, and stranded her on the island.

His first name is Bernie.

Benjamina Gunn was portrayed in Muppet Treasure Island by Miss Piggy. When we first meet Benjamina, she has been living on an island with tribal pigs. She was marooned there by Captain Flint years ago along with his treasure, which she enjoyed caring for. Events take a turn for Benjamina upon the arrival of a ship captained by an old fling, Abraham Smollett.

Benjamina is especially attracted to sailors, as we learn that in addition to Smollett and Long John Silver, she even took up with that burly Captain Flint.

In the Muppet adaptation of the Treasure Island story, Benjamina Gunn is an altered version of Robert Louis Stevenson's original character, Ben Gunn.

Muppet Trasure Island
Bad Polly, sometimes called "Polly Lobster", is Long John Silver's crustacean companion in Muppet Treasure Island. Polly is a lobster whom Silver "raised from a fingerling". He works closely with fellow pirates Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty to cause trouble for the heroic crew of the Hispaniola. He steals the map to Treasure Island, and is eager to start a mutiny.

and in full uniform Captain Abraham Smollett was portrayed in Muppet Treasure Island by Kermit the Frog. Smollett is captain of the Hispaniola, a ship chartered by Squire Trelawney by way of Jim Hawkins for the means of hunting down a lost pirate treasure. On their journey, he is reunited with his past love, Benjamina Gunn.

Just a good crew memeber!

Finally....
The Admiral Benbow Inn is a pub/rooming house in Muppet Treasure Island. Though owned by the parents of Jim Hawkins in the original Treasure Island, the Admiral Benbow is operated in the film by Mrs. Bluveridge. Her staff consists of Jim Hawkins, Rizzo the Rat, and Gonzo.

The only notable resident boarder is Billy Bones, who recites his seafaring tales to other patrons over dinner. The Admiral Benbow's fare includes suckling potatos (no offense). Following the death of Billy Bones, the inn is besieged by pirates in search of the map. Jim, Gonzo, and Rizzo soon depart, leaving the defense of the inn in Mrs. Bluveridge's capable hands.

The original Admiral Benbow Inn, which Robert Louis Stevenson based the story on, can be found on Chapel Street, in Penzance, Cornwall, England.
Cadet 4

Member#: 20265

FabMartha is offline View user's profile Send private message View FabMartha's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yar and yo-ho-ho! Cinder, thank you for all of the helpful pirate lore. I be lookin' forward to talkin' like me pirate mateys all day long tomorrow!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a good link to keep handy:

er

This might be a good link t' keep handy, ye scurvy dogs:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/translator.html

jeff
sdg
Chali
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 22711

Chali is offline View user's profile Send private message View Chali's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here be some Links to Piratey sites!

A quiz on pirate presonality:
http://stupidstuff.org/main/piratemaker.htm

A quiz to discover where you would be on the ship:
http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/1636124/pirate-quiz-find-out-where-you-stand

Very Funny bloopers from pirates three:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1IQRpmuDA

That be all I have so far but I will probably find some more. Signin' off..
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:08 pm   Post subject: Lucky in Salam, Mass Reply with quote

http://www.piratemuseum.com/pirate.html

The most fun-filled place in Salem. The unique and little-known history of New England sea-robbers comes alive at the Pirate Museum.

Relive the adventures of Captains Kidd and Blackbeard, who roamed freely offshore plundering merchant ships. Participate in an educational, historically accurate and entertaining, live walking tour with a qualified guide who encourages student participation and questions. The tour starts in our artifacts room with authentic pirate treasures. Then you'll stroll through a colonial seaport, board a pirate ship, and explore an eighty foot cave, where you are sure to encounter some of those 17th century rascals face to face. Join us at the Pirate Museum to learn more about New England's adventurous sea-robbers. Curriculum packets are available. Inquire about our educational pirate visiting your school. Seasonal - May through November.

Notorious pirate captains, such as; Kidd, Blackbeard, Bellamy and Quelch, roamed the waters off Boston's North Shore, known as the Gold Coast, while so-called witches were being hanged at Salem. Like many of today's New Englanders, pirates spent their winters in the tropics and their summers here. Most 17th and 18th-century pirates were, in fact, New Englanders and New Yorkers, with gold and silver from Central America and merchandise from Europe. Many buried their ill-gotten treasures off shore on the islands that dot our coast, and much of it is still there, just waiting to be dug up.

You will not only mingle with these swashbucklers of old, but you will become part of their world as you walk the dockside village, board their ship and witness them in battle. The dark, winding bat-cave will fill you with anticipation, and you'll feel their awesome presence as you discover hidden treasures..... It's an experience you won't forget.

* Roam our "Artifacts Room" of real treasures, and meet the shady residents of Old Salem's Dockside Village.
* Explore below decks and wind your way through the 80-foot cave, where treasures are buried and cave-creatures dwell.
* We guarantee you and yours a fascinating and exciting adventure, an interesting and little-known history lesson - and a lot of fun!

A 20- to 30-minute walking tour, where you'll meet some 60 buccaneers from the days of yore, and you'll behold their artifacts and treasures. Visit a recreated dockside village, board a pirate ship and meander an eighty-foot batcave, filled with hidden booty. These pirates, and not accused witches, were the real rascals and villains of 1692 in Olde Salem Towne.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SEPTEMBER 19TH
TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY 2009

Be thee ready or not.. the day is comth soon.

Get thee ready mates.. for it is a fine day to show off your sport and make way for the plank walking and rum drinking!

Be there or be.. with Davy Jones!!!

Pirate Julia the Well-Tanned
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

* Why does a pirate's phone go beep beep beep beep beep?
Because he left it off the hook!

* What's a pirate's favorite herb?
PARRRRsley!

* Two pirate ships were crossing the ocean, one with a booty of red paint and one with a blue paint. What happened when the ships collided?
They were marooned!

* Why do pirates operate on the high seas?
They be afraid of the ARRRRmy!

* What is a pirate's favorite cereal?
Cap'n Crunch!

* What size mug of whiskey does a pirate order?
LaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

* What do nerd pirates do in high school?
They run the video projectaaaaaaaaar.

* What did the pirate say when his wooden leg got stuck in the freezer?
Shiver me timbers!

* Why does it take pirates so long to learn the alphabet?
Because they can spend years at C!

* pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders some dirty rum.

The bartender asks, "Why are you wearing a paper towel?"

"Arrr..." says the pirate. "I've got a bounty on me head!"

* What do you call a pirate with two eyes and two legs?
Rookie!

* Why couldn't the pirates play cards?
The captain was standing on the deck!

* What do you get when you cross a pirate with a zuchnni?
A Squashbuckler!!!

* What goes thump-thump Arr!, thump-thump Arr!?
A pirate falling down the stairs!

* How many pirates does it take to change a light bulb?
Four. One to change the light bulb, and two to resuscitate the forth pirate who got his hook caught in the socket!

And that be enough of that mates!
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's "Talk like a pirate day" Telltale Games are giving away the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island for free:

http://www.telltalegames.com/playlikeapirate

They only give it away today, so go download!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: