StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Trying to figure out this Sci-Fi Horror Movie - please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
TheDarkCloak
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 815

TheDarkCloak is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website TheDarkCloak's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:23 pm   Post subject: Trying to figure out this Sci-Fi Horror Movie - please help! Reply with quote

Can any horror sci-fi movie buffs in the house help me out here??

I'm trying to figure out what this movie was I partially watched when I was a kid and can't figure it out

Well, I vividly remember the video cover, it had some weird alien fetus thing, green with tentacles or something like that, black cover.

and I remember a rainy stormy scene, in which I guess... it's mother or something starts tearing things up, and there's giant tentacles thrashing about... I seem to remember someone experimenting with these things on a counter, dissecting them n stuff.

it's not 'Return of the Deadly Spawn' (though I love that one too)

as far as I can tell it's not "it's alive", "It lives again", or "It's alive III".

The Brood is a possibility, but the cover on that features red, and I dont see any tentacles etc.

on the back cover there was like a picture of a guy dissecting one of these things under a light... on a table, it was like a fetus, alien, creature, thing with octopus tentacles.

and I wanna say it might be the brood or its alive, but the visuals with the giant tentacle beast creature thing (it's mother?) thrashing about in the middle of the rainstorm keeps throwing me off. (I will give these movies a shot, just in case this was an alternative cover or something)

the thing being dissected was like a pale fleshy colour, off green... kindof a pale peach/ melon colour.

It was definitely from the 70's - 80's, I remember seeing it frequently on the shelf at the video rental store (VHS then), and being curious about it over and over - til we actually watched it of course (probably in bits and pieces Sad being a lil kid didnt allow much room for watching gore-fests and what have you).

I would say the cover was similar in design to the cover of Cronenberg's 'The Fly'. The movie itself shares with Lovecraft, maybe even some 'Re-animator'.

If anyone could toss out some suggestions, of even screenshots of what they think it may be... Please do!

This thing has been haunting my memories for a long time now and not knowing what it is, is driving me batty (battier?)

Thanks everybody, I appreciate any and all help in advance!
wrabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13971

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View wrabbit's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TDC, not sure this site will have the answer, but the search option seems pretty cool ... maybe?

http://www.fearnet.com/HorrorAZ.aspx
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking Ghoulies.

I haven't seen the movie, just the cover. It seems to match part of your description...

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
TheDarkCloak
Ensign
Ensign

TheDarkCloak is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website TheDarkCloak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:38 pm   Post subject: THANKS EVERYBODY!!! Reply with quote

I Found it!!!
After wondering occasionally and not being able to crack this memory, I finally managed to cobble together what it was with all your help.

Well, with all the input everyone was giving me, I managed to put together enough of my memories about the film that I figured out it was definitely in the I - M range of alphabet at the video store (cause seeing other movie covers that I frequently saw next to it helped jostle my memory... and that Fright Night movie cover always give me the creeps for some reason)

Here's what I found

I guess this is the image that I was thinking of... confused and muddled with this one:

Not bad considering I last saw this thing on the shelf a good 15+ years ago!!!

It's "The Kindred"
Scored by David Newman too (now I'm trying to find THAT... Laughing But at least now I know what it is)

And here's a movie trailer just in case yer curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuoiMOel0tg

I kinda wanna watch it again, though the flimsy asploding house made me laugh, some of the visuals are like - woah, and bring back even more memories of what I managed to watch of this film. Very Happy

Some of these things just ROCK when you're an impressionable lil kid. Very Happy Now, just to see how it holds up against somewhat jaded big lil-kid. Very Happy
TheDarkCloak
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:40 pm   Post subject: thanks GD! Reply with quote

genericdragon wrote:
I am thinking Ghoulies.

I haven't seen the movie, just the cover. It seems to match part of your description...

aaah good ol' ghoulies!
That one is up there with 'The Gate' as one of those cheesy 80's guilty pleasure type flicks!

Now if only I could get Rawhead Rex on DVD Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: