StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Fall 2007 TV Season - Picks, Pans & Comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:25 am   Post subject: New Fall 2007 TV Season - Picks, Pans & Comments Reply with quote

Flipping thru the TV Guide this time of year can be overwhelming. Soooo many channels and shows to pick from! It would be fun to read your comments on new shows you watch (like, love, or hate) and comments on returning favorites season-openers.

Last edited by Twopop on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters:

Family Guy will kick off its new season with a 1-hour spoof of “Star Wars”.
It airs on FOX on Sunday, Sep 23, 9pm/8c.

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't generally follow too many tv shows anymore because it is harder to find quality. Plus, it seems the networks just throw out as many new shows as they can which inundates the viewer with too many choices.

I can't decipher what is or isn't good just based on the 5 billion ads for new shows and I am not going to waste my time watching 40 different new shows to see if something new is worth watching. That is why I usually wait to hear what other people think before I try a show, thus I think this thread is definitely a great idea Two!

That Family Guy episode looks like it has a lot of potential. I am not a follower of the show, but have seen a few episodes and it is enjoyable enough. Might have to see that episode, although I will probably wait to hear what other people thought of it.

As a side note, I watch football every weekend and there are ads for a new show called Kid Nation. I swear I have seen the ad for this show HUNDREDS of times and it has reached the point that I actually hate the show already and I haven't even seen an episode!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:

I swear I have seen the ad for this show HUNDREDS of times and it has reached the point that I actually hate the show already and I haven't even seen an episode!

I kwow that feeling Nate! Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always hate fall time when the new shows start. Hate when old ones start too because then it cuts out on precious movie time. Xan and I watch different shows so, with agreement on few, and the dvr gets too full so seems like most of the weekend is spent catching up on tv. Great thread too, two. I'd especially like to hear other peoples opinions on what shows they watch. We don't have the premium stations so haven't been able to watch Rome, Weeds or whatever else people highly recommend.... but can make room in my netflix queue if people say so.

I'm a huge Heroes fan so I can't wait for that to start. The show is amazing. One of my favorites.

The Office, Prison Break, Family Guy, Smallville. Not a big reality show person but I've been watching Survivor. Til Death is a good sitcom too.

So yeah, guess I like tv. Then there's shows here and there that I watch. Shows I'll start watching are Chuck and Bionic Woman (notice the superhero theme?). Other shows I'll watch but my decision to watch them are chosen carefully.... as I do like sleeping just a little bit more.

More to come.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to point out the fact that the last time I watched anything on TV was May 2006.
Somebody congratulate me, please. RazzWink
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
I'd like to point out the fact that the last time I watched anything on TV was May 2006.

Congratulations!

Laughing
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Alien!

I don't watch TV at home (I got rid of TV-set) but I must admit there are moments I watch something on TV being in other places...

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
Family Guy will kick off its new season with a 1-hour spoof of “Star Wars”.

Just watched this last night in TiVo and it was a hoot!!
Highly recommend that you try to find it somewhere. (Just a little warning that it is Family Guy though - definitely adult humor, not for kiddies.. and maybe not even for some adults. Razz )

Without trying to spoil any of it for you, I'll just add that they did follow SW IV storyline and scenes very closely.

What was really a surprise for me was the music! If it wasn't John Williams, it was sure a good rendition of the original soundtrack. There were quite a few references to SW music - even a scene where a character was singing along with the soundtrack - LOL. It was soooooo funny when they showed Spoiler:
John Williams & LSO as well as another scene with Danny Elfman!!
Soundtrack fans will LOVE it!
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:

Congratulations are indeed due, Alien!

**Public Service Announcement**

T.V. MAKES YOU DUMB!!

**End Announcement**

Having said that, I do watch Heroes, and I occasionally catch a random show on National Geographic, the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, or the Science Channel. I kind of like Man Vs. Wild and Survivorman... but both are sort of the same thing again and again after a while. If I had more time, I'd probably watch Battlestar Galactica. Bionic Woman looks interesting.

It's tough because the really good shows seem to require a level of commitment that I'm not willing to make anymore. Good shows that don't require loyalty are few... The Simpsons, Seinfeld, and one other that I can't remember...

Mr. Green
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm looking forward to Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis, but I've no idea when the new seasons are due to come out...
Most times I wait until the season is done and catch it on DVD in its entirety.
More fun that way... Smile
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Alien!

Technically I haven't seen any show on my TV in over 2 years. In fact it has a very thick layer of dust covering everthing, including the VCR sitting on top. However, I have seen many of the major US network shows on their websites. Wink

I have no cable service, and my rabbit ears don't work where I live... I don't follow the TV seasons so I really have no expectations about new shows... except for Heroes. Smile

YATTA!! \(^.^)/

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The pilot of Reaper was silly fun, and I totally cracked up. Sam works at a Home Depot-like store where he goofs off all day with his friends. At 21, Sam learns his parents sold his soul to the devil (Ray Wise - remember him from Twin Peaks?) before he was born, so he's conscripted to hunt down escapees from H&ll and return them there. I'll probably watch it again since Sam's best friend, Sock, steals the show. I remember seeing another one of Sam's friends in Coach Carter, and he's an excellent actor too.

The only regular shows I follow are Smallville and Supernatural. I wish I had cable but I catch up on shows on DVD. I'll probably watch Bionic Woman since one of the Battlestar Galactica producers is working on it, and Starbuck is the evil prototype.
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ZIR!!! SMALLVILLE!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Reaper was pretty good. Lots of good humor in it and apparently it's a ripoff of a show called Brimstone? I dunno, didn't watch that one. Sock is trying to be a Jack Black character, and the lead guy plays sort of a Shia LaBeouf-esque guy. Reapers pilot was directed by Kevin Smith. Think he's just a guest director and not the regular. Overall good show. Might do well.

Also watched the pilot to Journeyman. Very interesting sci-fi show. Similar to quantum leap.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bionic Woman was a big disappointment. The pilot episode rushed through the recovery process so there was little chance to build sympathy for the bionic woman, played by Michelle Ryan. It's sad when I wanted the evil bionic lady to kick her @ss. For a "dramatic actress", Ryan was very unconvincing and lacked fire during her end speech.

I'll watch a couple more episodes and call it a day if the writing doesn't improve. When the bionic woman jumps off buildings right away and the evil lady with military training AND better "equipment" doesn't do more damage to the heroine, it defies logic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: