StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Fall 2007 TV Season - Picks, Pans & Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We watched Journeyman (TIVO, of course). It started slow, but then again, so did Rome. We will watch a few more episodes to see where it goes.
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
I'd like to point out the fact that the last time I watched anything on TV was May 2006.
Somebody congratulate me, please. RazzWink

Congrats AA...

last time for me (other than watching heros Via NBC.com) was 2003

Toasters
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

zirael wrote:
Bionic Woman was a big disappointment... It's sad when I wanted the evil bionic lady to kick her @ss.

Hooboy - a big ditto for me, Zir. I was rooting for "Starbuck" Wink . (Deleted Tivo Season Pass.)

Another big disappointment for me was the new Kelsey Grammer-Patricia Heaton comedy "Back To You". This is the half-hour sitcom that's a sort of "WKRP in Cincinnati"/"Mary Tyler Moore" wanna-be. You'd think with those two stars and Fred Willard it would be fantastic. All their quirky personal touches and sarcastic one-liners are there, but the writing is just lame - imho. The premise really took a 90-degree turn when it was revealed that Spoiler:
Heaton's character has a daughter from a one-night stand with Grammer 10 years ago.
Note to writers: Keep it funny, please. (After 2 shows: Deleted Tivo Season Pass.)

On the other hand... one delightful surprise is CBS's Moonlight.

It's about a private eye (Alex O'Loughlin) who just happens to also be a vampire... but a "good" vampire. He likes to help people rather than hurt them, and gets his daily fix via injection rather than biting people. Set in present day, the regular folks out there don't know that vampires really exist, so when a woman is found dead with 2 puncture marks on her neck, a local TV reporter for a National Inquirer-type channel (Sophia Myles) decides to play up the vampire angle. There's also a Smallville Lex Luther-type character who adds a lot to the show.

You can see the premiere episode on the CBS link above.

Although the premise is familiar, the acting is underplayed and smart, and so is the writing. Give it a try for relaxing TV viewing on a Friday night.

USA lotrgirl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7872

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View lotrgirl's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this fall I'm only watching Survivor. Everything else just pretty much looks stupid!! Oh, wait, I do watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. There was an amazing one tonight in Hawaii!! And then come February I'll be watching Lost, but that is SO far away!
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving up on Bionic Woman because the main character is too whiny and doesn't have the ability to get the audience to feel anything for her. She is outclassed by all the great actors around her.

I've been sucked into the show that follows it. Life is very well-written within the confines of a procedural cop show. The main character, a cop who is framed, wrongfully imprisoned, and returns to the force, seems to have uncanny observation abilities honed while doing time. He still has to figure out the mystery of who framed him and why. I recommend it!
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard anything about it, but happened to catch it while waiting for Heroes to start. It's quite funny (to me and H2 at least):

The Big Bang Theory

I don't know anything about it except that I find it funny.

jeff
sdg
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

come on, no one willing to admit that they watch Dancing With the Stars, America's Next Top Model,Beauty and the Geek, The Dog Whisperer, and Kid Nation every week?

Between my antenna and tivo at my job, I get quite the supply of quality tv on a daily basis. Keeps the doctor away.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: