StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Remove Buffy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

should the Buffy soundtrack be removed from SST?
Yes remove it
29%
 29%  [ 15 ]
No keep it
70%
 70%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 51

Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:32 pm   Post subject: Remove Buffy Reply with quote

I feel that I am not the only one who dislikes the Buffy soundtrack.
USA jcmonair
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

aw

Member#: 15962

jcmonair is offline View user's profile Send private message View jcmonair's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lieutenant istagi ! ensign jcmonair reporting. i fully agree w/ that sir.
* in begging voice * pleaaaase remove buffy !
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 3962

unpoedic is offline View user's profile Send private message View unpoedic's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:
I feel that I am not the only one who dislikes the Buffy soundtrack.

i feel you are correct!
USA jcmonair
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

aw

Member#: 15962

jcmonair is offline View user's profile Send private message View jcmonair's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well, actually i guess removing only a few tracks would do ... (so that buffy fans are still happy)
too many tracks makes it played too often ... and that keeps non-buffy fans not happy Wink
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 3962

unpoedic is offline View user's profile Send private message View unpoedic's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jcmonair wrote:
[the equivalent of, "aww, i guess buffy isn't as bad as i thought it was only five minutes ago."]

sorry, man-who-caters-to-the-opinion-of-a-certain-female-in-chat-tonight, your vote is already cast. muaha! Wink
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffy makes the site more fun and interactive - new folks pop into chat or forums just to complain about the off-key songs.

It seems like this anti-Buffy lobbying comes up every so often, but if it's removed, I would miss it since it brings back fond memories of Transformers vs. Buffy in the queue. It's part of the history of the site, kind of like the Bryan Adams songs on Spirit and Rocky Horror Picture Show.
USA Lieserl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 9262

Lieserl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Lieserl's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[soapbox] hear hear zir! its a community staple to whine about buffy. what will you whine about if there is no more Buffy? Forbidden Zone? Pocahontas? 300 because it was a ripoff? some Zimmemr track that rubs you the wrong way? what about the illustrious Ennio's stinker tracks? when does it end?! I could start a campaign to remove Moulin Rogue, Josh Groban and Phantom of the Opera, but i enjoy making it a talking point. Bickering over things that will never be resolved, like personal taste, is good for the community. I vote Keep Everything. Even if it's not someone's taste, its more engaging this way! [/soapbox]

<a href="https://twitter.com/TiffanyTurrill">Twitter</a>

Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't much care for the Buffy tracks... but let's keep them! It'll make PomPom happy, even if nobody else... Wink
Anyway there's stuff on SST I dislike a lot more than Buffy. *shrugs*
If you're looking for a playlist that pleases everybody all of the time... well, that'll never happen no matter what you add or remove.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Must not disrupt the Buffy=FZ=Robotech singing circle space/time thingy gravity well.
Lieutenant Commander

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons I fixate on Buffy is that it is way way overplayed. Sure we get an FZ track from time to time. Maybe once a week or a couple times a month. We all know it is crappy and treat it as such.

Yesterday we had like 3 Buffy tracks???? 3 of them? It is not so much "Oh god Buffy" as "Oh god another Buffy track". I like FZ but if 3 FZ tracks played in a single night I would get as tired of it as I am of Buffy.

Maybe a compromise of saving "The worst of the worst" and ditching the rest so that Buffy tracks become a bit more "rare" like FZ. Or maybe we should all agree that Buffy tracks should be handled with care.

Buffy is bad.... but not bad enough to be good.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and another note regarding FZ. If any of us put FZ in the queue it is a Joke and we all know it and complain.

If you complain about Buffy you actually get people who start crying around about how everyone is mean for not likening Buffy.

"Oh its not that bad your just a hater" sorry kid it is "that bad"

Maybe we can bury it someplace and only break it out for "special occasions" as an inside joke like FZ.
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to remove a Soundtrack from a soundtrack radio station. Furthermore, if people are requesting that soundtrack, there's a good chance you'll alienate them when you remove it! Like in retail, even if you hate the item, if it sells or even brings in traffic you keep it.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14592

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone got to pick their "most disliked" album and ban it, the play list would be a LOT shorter.

Buffy isn't even the worst vocal soundtrack here. It's just become cool to bash on it. As an example, I like Phantom of the Opera, but the movie soundtrack is simply horrendous. Yet, you hardly ever hear complaints about it.

As for there being too many tracks, that just means that they are shorter. Remember, this was a 43 minute TV episode. Even if every track got requested, you'd burn through them in a few days, and then the 8 day clock would affect them, just like anything else.

For every day with 3 Buffy tracks, there are probably several days where it doesn't get requested at all. Seems to come in waves. I remember Mary Poppins being overplayed a month or 2 back, but this week? Nada. Same thing happens with Buffy.
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get rid of Buffy only if you can also get rid of all the students in my classroom that I don't like to listen too Smile
Germany ferodan
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 18707

ferodan is offline View user's profile Send private message ferodan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of the I-Like-the-Buffy-Musical-Score-fraction I'd say: You had your chance. Wink You voted for only one star, which is a very bad advertisement for that score, should anybody really make his choice on basis of these ratings.

If not, hey, as long as it does not appear in the list every hour...

By the way, if that thing has 11 tracks, and no track is to be reapeted more often than every 8 days...

That makes 1.375 Buffy songs per day. I think we can stand that. Even if it is off-tune Wink

Relax and enjoy,
Ferodan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: