StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Saddest Score
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 3:33 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Puff The Magic Dragon always made me cry as a kid.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
cvb
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 65

cvb is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website cvb's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:05 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Snow Falling on Cedars nad the Joy Luck Club.

Those are great for the times I need to feel sad.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:28 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

What was the saddest film score you've heard? Did it make you cry (or make you come close to crying)? Or was just depressing?

Personally, I think sad scores are probably the most challenging to compose--for any film composer. Sure, it is one thing to compose sweeping, majestic themes, but if a score can make the listener cry, then it must be REALLY emotionally powerful.

For this reason, I think my answer to the question would be Schindler's List by John Williams. What do you think?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:49 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

It's always been "The Graduation Song" by Vitamin C.. They always play that at the saddest times. I know its not a soundtrack, but its the only song I can think of.
loveslave
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:57 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I get very moved by Hair - that last song when Berger goes off to war and everything just has gone so totally wrong - before it changes into "Let the sunshine in".
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:27 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I always thought "Who wants to live Forever" from Highlander was one of the most tear jerking tracks I have ever heard.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:37 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

We should turn the title of this topic to "Songs we never want to hear on StreamingSoundtracks"...
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 5:20 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fanatic:
We should turn the title of this topic to "Songs we never want to hear on StreamingSoundtracks"...

Nah, I think everyone enjoys songs that play with our emotions whether it be uplifting or sorrowful. Otherwise this wouldn't be a topic.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:07 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I'm with Jeric, sound tracks are designed for an emotional response. For whatever reasons, we are geared towards music and the resulting effect magnifies the images and makes us feel deeper. Well, that's my two cents [Big Grin]
Ensign

Member#: 31
Location: Virginia - Some say a state of mind, not me mind you. ;)

T2 is offline View user's profile Send private message T2's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:00 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

and besides.. if its just emotion you're looking for, playing anything by Yoko Ono does me in...

but seriously.. I always liked some of the errie soundtracks..

Hannibal
Aliens
Poltergeist

They conjure up visions of what lay around the corner.. or it could be since I work mostly alone at night.. that I like to put myself on edge..
[Big Grin]
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 5:16 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I do not think there is one song that does it to me. There are several. I agree with Hart that "Who Wants to Live Forever" is a rear plucker at the heart strings but then so is "Wind Beneath My Wings" from Beaches. I associate movies more and the one movie that is the all time saddest for me will always be "The Last American Virgin". Talk about wanting to cry on your slit wrists after that one.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 6:06 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Oh how about those Disney ones...

"When You Wish Upon A Star" - Pinocchio
"Somewhere Out There" - An American Tail

Or maybe those catchy 80s songs...

That one from Top Gun, when Goose dies...
(okay, that might be cheesey)

But, there are so many different types of soundtracks that made me feel sad.

Soundtracks are there to highten the images you see... I wonder if you would feel the sameway, without seeing the movie and only hearing the soundtrack...hmmmm....
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:09 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I've never even seen the movie, but the trailer music to Pearl Harbor literally brought tears to my eyes. (Ok so I'm a girl, I can't help it!)
GamerX
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 110

GamerX is offline View user's profile Send private message GamerX's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 8:50 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

This has got to be Schindler's List. UGH and *SIGH*.

GamerX
Clem
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:28 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Legend of the falls is the score that makes me cry. Especially because each time I remember the story and I find it so sad...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: