StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Saddest Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:04 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I think any song could make a person cry, since we seem to associate them with things at times, like events in movies or times in our lives. I've had the same song make me happy and make me cry before.
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:15 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I would have to say (and I hate to say it), the the song that has brought the most tears to my eyes, is My Heart Will Go On from Titanic.

When I first saw that movie, I had been with my lover for 6 years...I cried for 3 hours after that movie. Michael passed away 2 weeks later. This was 5 years ago, and to this day, that song still hits me with the same force as itdid 5 years ago.
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:52 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Thats tough to go through. I can see why you feel that way.
mouse
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 115

mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message mouse's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:09 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

For me it was the score that was playing in the movie Castaway during that scene when Tom Hanks was drifting on his raft crying after he had just lost "Wilson" into the ocean. Now that was a tear jerker. Wink
Talon
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 131

Talon is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Talon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:54 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I cried a lot during the movie "Edward Scissorhands," and for that matter, the movie "The Boy Who Could Fly" just rips your heart out. "The Land Before Time" is another sad one. "Saving Private Ryan", "Empire of the Sun", and "E.T." have always been classics, and if anyone's ever seen it, but "Batteries Not Included" is another very sad one.
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:45 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Hmmmm...

The score that really makes me sad is the song of the funeral of Qui Gon Jiin in Episode I. This is mainly because SW I used to be the favourite soundtrack of my young cousin, and this song was played at her burial. She was 15... so young...
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:47 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

What about the final scenes of Glory, where the entire regiment is stacked in a mass grave (ditch), now there is a great example of how the music can amplify the emotions.
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:31 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

I have developed a strong relationship to the music of Ennio Morricone. When his music is combined with the movies of Sergio Leone very little is needed before my eyes get wet. I will give you three examples.

1. Once Upon A Time In America; From the very beginning of the movie it is obvious that Noodles(Robert De Niro) is in love with Deborah(Elizabeth McGovern) and he continues to love her through the whole movie(ie. through his whole life). The sad thing is that she leaves him in favour for her career(actress/dancer). After 40 years he contacts her, but then she is in love with the son of his earlier partner, Max(James Woods). Noodles thought he was the reason for Max's death 40 years ago so now he must feel really betrayed because Max never contacted him. I can't explain all the details of this amazing movie, but the music really emphazise Noodles' grief. Before I saw this movie I didnt really like the music, but now that I know what is happening in the movie I really love the music too. In the music there is a lot of rapid crescendo/decrescendo, ie. the volume increase/decrease very fast. To me that indicates that the persons gets really strong feelings, which also influence the audience. I would absolutely recommend this movie to everyone. I had to see it several times to get all the points (It last for over 3,5 hrs!)

2. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly; This is one of the worlds most famous movies, mainly because of its characteristic music. There are two scenes/melodies I want to focus on.
A) When the CSA-prisoners are playing "The Story of a Soldier" in the camp they are covering the sounds from AngelEyes cabin where Tuco(Eli Wallach) is being beaten the shit out of by the big guy. One of the prisoners is playing a fiddle, and when he hears a scream or something like that from the cabin, he stops playing and you can see him crying. One of the officers orders him to continue playing while Tuco is beaten some more. If you want to hear "The Story of A Soldier" just find the movie in the request-list (listed with the Italian title "Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo"), and request track 13 (5:35 "La Storia Di Un Soldato"). If you watch the time you will hear that exactly 3 minutes and 48 seconds into the melody the fiddle suddenly stops playing and is silent for a few seconds.
War is hell...

B) The second and quite famous scene I want to focus on is when Tuco and Blondie(Clint Eastwood) has blown up the bridge and are walking on the other side of the river. All the soldiers are gone and all that is left is destroyed houses and some cannons. In one of the destroyed houses there is a dying soldier. Blondie sits down with him and notices that he is badly wounded and feeling very cold. Blondie then puts his jacket around him and gives the dying soldier a puff of his famous cigar. Tuco has found a horse and when the horse makes a sound Blondie turns around. The camera then shows the dying soldier close his eyes and his head fall back. When Blondie turns back the soldier is dead and some of the smoke is coming out of his mouth. This is a very strong scene and every time i hear the music from it I think about all the soldiers who lost their lives in the civil war. The track that is playing at this time is called "The Death of a Soldier" and can be requested here too. Look under "Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo", track 19 (3:11 Morte Di Un Soldato) Take the time on this track too. At about 1min 25secs Blondie finds the soldier and at about 2min 55secs the soldier dies. That is one hell of a sad scene folx...

Cadet 3

Member#: 134

Mr. B is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Mr. B's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:05 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

...theme from Loveboat.
Cadet 2

Member#: 152

quistisffviii is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website quistisffviii's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:08 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Video games actually make me more emotional.
Eyes on Me from Final Fantasy VIII made me cry a couple times while listening to it when I wasn't playing the game. Also Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy VII made me tear up a bit.
Quistis: "Your the squad leader. Good luck to you."Seifer: "...Instructor. I hate it when people wish me luck. Save those words for a bad student that needs them, eh?"Quistis: "Ok then. Good luck, Seifer." - Final Fantasy VIII
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:05 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

That Next Place (Track 17) off of Meet Joe Black has to be the saddest I've heard. Although the entire list off of Schindler's List gives it a run for its money.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:52 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Nobody can pull it off like Thomas Newman. I'm referring to the Meet Joe Black comment. BTW that score is coming very soon. I think The Shawshank Redemption has a very emotional score. It is one of my all time favorites.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
kerrion
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 160

kerrion is offline View user's profile Send private message kerrion's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:38 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Braveheart for me *snif*
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:41 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Wow, this topic is still going after a month.. I never liked it anyway.. =(
GoteeBoy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5

GoteeBoy is offline View user's profile Send private message GoteeBoy's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:58 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Shindler's list comes to mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: