StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Saddest Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:00 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Love the long ones (topics that is) [Wink]
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 180

ada is offline View user's profile Send private message ada's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:49 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

How about this one, Artificial Intelligence. Yeozer! I bawled out big time on that one.

Also Angus Dei (based on Adagio For Strings), from the Scarlet Letter Soundtrack.
Cadet 1

Member#: 181

jfth is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website jfth's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:14 pm   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

A lot of Soundtracks made me cry or turn me sad, the most "effective" on my emotion was the theme of "The War" from Thomas Newman. I dint cry watching the Movie but I cried listening to the Soundtrack of it.

As far as I can remember Forest Gum, Deep Impact, The Evening Star, Less than Zero (Score from Thomas Newman), Contact made me Sad or puts me in the Wonders...

Thanks
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:08 am   Post subject: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

You know, I think that this is the longest topic that we have running [Smile] Let's here three cheers [Smile] Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray!

LOL
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:43 pm   Post subject: Re: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Morglum wrote:
You know, I think that this is the longest topic that we have running. Let's here three cheers Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray!

LOL

Yup, lets keep it going! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:03 pm   Post subject: Re: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Trilobyte wrote:
Yup, lets keep it going! :wink:

I hope you know that that post is over a year old ?

rofl!
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:39 pm   Post subject: Re: The Saddest Score Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Trilobyte wrote:
Yup, lets keep it going! Wink

I hope you know that that post is over a year old ?

rofl!

Yeah I know, after all I did create this thread. Smile I just thought it would be cool to get it going again.

A recent one is Finding Nemo (Thomas Newman). It can be really moving and bittersweet at some parts.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back LT Trilobyte. Where ya been? I haven't seen you around in a long time.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
zev
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 359

zev is offline View user's profile Send private message zev's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Schindlers List is number one for all around soundtrack.
"Leave no man behind" from Black Hawk Down gets me usually.
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Schindler's List
Shawshank Redemption
And some of Braveheart
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Part of this whole topic though is the difference between sad and bitter sweet.

Some of the Disney etc stuff that people have mentioned are more bittersweet to me than sad, cause it recalls alot of things.

If you pick some of the songs to the score of Marco Polo, that still is one of the saddest scores I think I've heard. Alot of wind instruments that make me think of wind blowing across empty plains and loss. Sad

Goblin
radix
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 2818

radix is offline View user's profile Send private message radix's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many sad ones, but what comes to mind at first hand, is the Band of Brothers soundtrack. Makes me think of something like "War, what a madness of humankind...".
JuanPrimo
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 2713

JuanPrimo is offline View user's profile Send private message JuanPrimo's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There exist many different movie scenes where we all get emotional and starts thinking a lot more different for just some minutes. That's how I experince it!

Red planet (the scene where val kilmer realize his never gonna leave the planet (with the track "alone"), very emotional scene for me. There are more than hundreds of those kind and it's so great that they exist!!!!

Juan
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post, but thanks for spoiling the movie for those of us who haven't seen it.
CandyCaneGirl
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 2776

CandyCaneGirl is offline View user's profile Send private message CandyCaneGirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help it but when i hear "Ice dance " a song from the Edward Scissorhands Score i alway's cry. It's so sad Crying or Very sad ..and romantic, and the movie is amazing. Shocked Johnny Depp is one of his best roles ever! And danny Elfman is a awesome composer, i love his music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: