StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Today starts the DOC Festival (animated films and others)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 19172

ElJay is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ElJay's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:40 pm   Post subject: Today starts the DOC Festival (animated films and others)... Reply with quote

Hi, SST Folks & Score Lovers !

... I am appreciated to set my 1st topic as new member of SST. And hope it's something interesting for you - connected via SST around the globe 'open minded'.

! The Anniversary Festival Begins Today!

That's 50 years DOK Festival. - Tonight official ceremony, party and still 6 days ongoing action around documentary and animated films.

29th Oct. - 4th Nov 2007

Ever heard of DOK ?? - Visit the English website and have a jump to Leipzig, Germany (Eastern part between Dresden and Berlin)...

http://www.dok-leipzig.de/v2/cms/en/home/page92.html

Some items about the history of 50 years...
http://www.dok-leipzig.de/v2/cms/en/50---the-anniversary/festival-chronicle/index346.html

cost free newsletter subscription...
http://www.dok-leipzig.de/v2/cms/en/136/200/index490.html

Enjoy discover some new stuff. - And give your personal feedback here !

A warm 'hello' from Hamburg - ElJay
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ElJay, I'm glad you posted - welcome to the forums!

I'm also a documentary fan - I guess the equivalent here in the U.S. would be the Full Frame Festival in Durham, North Carolina. The DOK has animated films too which makes it unique.

http://www.fullframefest.org/about/
Germany ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

ElJay is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ElJay's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:28 am   Post subject: US Scene - European activities around Documentary+Animation Reply with quote

Hi, Zirael !

... just stood up, 06:45 am here. And already a posting I nocited by Topic reply. Whowh ! - Great ! And thank's...

Yes, documentary can be phantastic - beside the huge mass of entertainment, swapping around the globe by heavy marketing budgets and advertising campaigns out of Hollywood. It's a very important format for "investigative journalism" I am fan of (Deep going instead swapping on the surface).

>Founded in 1998 by Nancy Buirski, and now recognized as
>the premier documentary film festival in the United
States by both The New York Times and indieWIRE, the
>Full Frame Documentary Film Festival celebrates the
>power and artistry of documentary film.

If you should have contact with Nancy let her know about DOk. I think it might be a wonderful thing to exchamge both exhebitions/festivals in the future. 2008 will be 10 years anniversary. Good chance to set up a new dimension...

On it's own....

I was surprized that FOX set a kind of documentary with the new movie came to German cinemaas on 18th Oct "TRADE - Welcome in America" produced by newcomer Marco Kreuzpainter (another Munich guy, got mentoring from Ron Emmerich). You know ??

Haven't heard about if it already started in US or will start soon there ?? - It's an important theme to bring to public: more than 1 million slaves being raped, transported to foreign countries illegally and sold... Every year ! - Unbelievable !

The music herefore of Jacobo Lieberman, Leo Heiblum is great and very, very emotional.

You can listen to the music via the German Trailer website, access via "screensplash" by following link if you and all the other SST cracks like to listen to...

http://imcradiodotnet.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/kinostart-trade-%e2%80%93-willkommen-in-amerika/

I am shure some interesting tunes for the dBase of SST !

You're right the part of animation films is nearby 50% of all new film launches at DOK. Heavily growing this animated pictures. Leipzig has a long tradition for such new trends. - Heard about more than 200 new releases, plenty of material. - That way we will see with interests what the DOK Leipzig will bring newly next days...

O.K., job is waiting already. - Have a good & successful week, keep in touch! - ElJay.

(P.S.: Just had behind the WOMEX 07. You know ?? - World Music Expo. 24-29 Oct in Spain. Still have to check out this biggest event for Ethno and World MUsic and all the news if something is correlated with film score composing.)
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, ElJay! Cool

I must say I'm more into the animated films than in the documentary ones. I took a look at the animated film program and found out many gems, like Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor or The Tale of How...

The festival sure looks great! Are there documentaries you would recommend in addition to Trade?

I hope you have the opportunity to attend the screenings! Smile
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:20 am   Post subject: North Carolina <-> Chicago ??? Reply with quote

just snapped these datas out of Google (and want let you know):

Chicago International Documentary Film Festival,
30. March – 1st April 2007 in Chicago

Has anybody been there ?? - Sounds like "inflational" so many dates of international exhebitions, hm...

Greetings - ElJay
Germany ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alchemist"]Welcome to the forums, ElJay! Cool

Thank's Alchemist. Hey. You are Admiral. Vive la France ! - Great honour for me. I just jumped up to Cadet-2-level. Funny, remembers me my time at military 25 years ago...

I must say I'm more into the animated films than in the documentary ones. I took a look at the animated film program and found out many gems, like Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor or The Tale of How...

Then DOK is the perfect place for you. Round 50% of all new scores from side of "animated".

FRANZ KAFKA just gehts a Renecaisse in his home country and town Prague... suppose we can expect something more next years. Had Kafka in my school time of literature course (you know the short story "The Change (or The Beegle)" ??

The festival sure looks great! Are there documentaries you would recommend in addition to Trade?

I have to check out. Think if you are looking for more about this theme you should correlate to the "International Day for stopping Slavery" (UNO), which was on 23rd Aug 2007.
E.g. Here about we had a doc on German TV, Bavarian Television >Slave Trade - The product "man"<.

Even Unesco has someething around...
http://www.unesco.org/culture/dialogue/slave/html_eng/day
And English literature about, maybe here...
http://www.weltpolitik.net/Sachgebiete/Weltwirtschaft%20und%20Globalisierung/Institutionen%20und%20Akteure/ILO/Aktuelle%20Literatur/

And this NGO is that one focussing the fight against these modern crucials: Anti-Slavery International - http://www.antislavery.org

I hope you have the opportunity to attend the screenings! Smile

Try me best. Time always is so rare (and I fight against flue at the moment). Anyhow, seeking to keep contact with the threads...

Have a good time ! - ElJay. Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: