StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Battlestar galactica - season 3 - your thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Jonz
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 2987

Jonz is offline View user's profile Send private message View Jonz's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:04 pm   Post subject: Battlestar galactica - season 3 - your thoughts? Reply with quote

Hi all

I think this is my first post on the forums Smile

I was just wondering what you guys think of the new Battlestar Galactica soundtrack by Bear McCreary.

I'm still shocked over the quality of his scores for the series which i just think keeps getting better and better.

Standouts for me are the first track "A Distant Sadness", the 4th "Storming New Caprica", and "Kat's sacrrifice". But these are really just to name a few.

Bear's style is wildly varied and words really doesn't do his score justice...

Regards
Jonz
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it of course. It's Soundtrack of the Month for November! You're right about the varied style. It makes a great listen from beginning to end and loop.

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=STM

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if this will be the one to buy. I like the show, but I haven't been sold on any of the albums so far. I'm afraid of buying 80 minutes of taiko drums, which doesn't sound very interesting.

Actually, I wish that these albums were sold on iTunes, so I could make my own compilation of favorites. What do you think? If I'm only going to buy one of the three soundtracks, which one would you recommend?
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
I'm wondering if this will be the one to buy. I like the show, but I haven't been sold on any of the albums so far. I'm afraid of buying 80 minutes of taiko drums, which doesn't sound very interesting.

Actually, I wish that these albums were sold on iTunes, so I could make my own compilation of favorites. What do you think? If I'm only going to buy one of the three soundtracks, which one would you recommend?

I'm with you, Lady. I've even submitted a request (maybe multiple times) for iTunes to add thesse albums. Maybe others should do the same.

I bought Season 2, and it's great!... but I miss Passacaglia and a few other tracks I can't remember from Season 1. And I'm sure Season 3 will present similar prolems. A compilation would be the way to go for me for BSG. So far, I'm partial to Season 2, but I haven't heard much from 3...

Mr. Green
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to choose only one, I'd go for number 2.
But then, I like drums... the more the better!!! Wink
Actually I'm a bit disappointed with Album 3. I still like it and I haven't yet heard all the tracks, but to me it starts feeling a bit like same old, same old. My first impression was that there wasn't anything really new... but maybe that's just a feeling. *shrugs*
I'll probably buy it anyways -- if only just to "complete" the set -- and I'd love to see it on iTunes, but I don't think that'll happen any time soon. I like iTunes, but I think their soundtrack selection leaves a lot to be desired.

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with alien. I've listened to 3 a few times and haven't heard much new. It's really good though. 2 seems to be the best, especially with the track of the year Prelude To War.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
EventHorizon2
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 19342

EventHorizon2 is offline View user's profile Send private message EventHorizon2's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, for me it was a great surprise hearing that kind of score in BSG
Pendrillion
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13122

Pendrillion is offline View user's profile Send private message Pendrillion's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didnt expect to hear something completely new, but I have to say that BSG is a very long Movie for me and therefore a red wire through the Movie is certainly requiered. Bears is a young composer and he works with the thinks who work for him.

And in my Opinion he did a great job with this Soundtrack... Its certainly my Favourite Soundtrack of all the 4s.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decided to take this question straight to the man himself, Bear McCreary. Within 10 hours I had an answer back from him, which so totally cements my nod for composer of the year. He wrote:
Quote:
The newly released Season 3 is certainly the one to get. Almost every
major theme from the entire series is represented on the disc somewhere. I
think of it as the definite BG album so far...

-Bear

PS: Though, season 2 is also a really good record. Smile

Albums 2 and 3 are currently on my Amazon wishlist, waiting for Christmas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: