StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Tired Songs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nitric
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 231

Nitric is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Nitric's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:43 pm   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

What songs are you tired of hearing over and over again?

Personally i'm a little tired of "There are no cats in America."

-Nitric
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:30 pm   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

The whole 'Moulin Rouge' stuff, unfortunately it seems to be very popular [Frown] .
Never heard songs being killed till this soundtrack.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:34 am   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

A Fistful Of Dollars used to get under my skin. But eventually the requests of it faded away. I think we all go through these phases where we want to hear a song more than a few times at others expense. [Roll Eyes]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:22 am   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

I really don't like those anime and Japanese game music. IMHO that music does not belong here.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:40 pm   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

Moulin Rouge is getting really really tiresome really quick for me too. I'm just glad the RHPS requests have died down. I like the Star Wars soundtracks, but they get requested so much... I can't stand them anymore. That's about it for me.

I would be kind of embarrassed if the headphones accidentally came unplugged and something like The Little Mermaid was playing or something though. I don't care much for any of the cutesy Disney ones. Hehe.

The game and anime soundtracks really fit in here, I think. They're a little different, and you kind of have to have played some of the games to really like them and get into them, but if you ask me, the songs that -really- deviate from the normal genre here are those Television's Greatest Hits CDs. There's a few good songs, but the majority are just... blah. I guess they're good for reminiscing or something though.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:46 pm   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Postman:
I really don't like those anime and Japanese game music. IMHO that music does not belong here.

You should listen to Mononoke Hime/Princess Mononoke. Those are great soundtracks.
Jimi
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 235

Jimi is offline View user's profile Send private message Jimi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:32 am   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

I agree "Moulin Rouge" is getting old. It still is quite good though...

They don't play songs from "That Thing You Do" - do they? Anyways...
Cadet 3

Nitric is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Nitric's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 12:44 pm   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

I'm also tired of "Titanic Suite" it's long and it sucks
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:40 pm   Post subject: Tired Songs Reply with quote

Speaking of nauseating songs, what about that Myst III, Exile song which claims to be -0:01 long and which last for an ethernity, I thought When the Wind Blows was bad before being chopped, but this is becoming another serious issue since I have already seen it being played twice in three days scaring everybody from the stream.
Cadet 3

AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bored, logged back on SST after a long hiatus, reviving my old thread Very Happy what are the current songs people are tired of hearing? Razz

Just started listening again today so I have yet to get tired of any.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Nitric! Smile Always good to see old timers coming back Wink

I think I'm not tired yet Smile Depending on my mood, I might want to mute some tracks from time to time or switch to another stream, but I've no pattern for that!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can check this forum to find others scores SSTers dislike

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3674&highlight=hate
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks platy, I couldn't find this thread anymore! Quite similar, but there is still a difference between 'I hate' and 'I'm tired of' Smile
Cadet 3

AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this thread was created more because I would hear a song and like it, and then hear it several more times and would be tired of hearing it, like songs on normal radio that get over played to where people start to become annoyed by them. these aren't songs that I dislike, it's just I've gotten tired of hearing them so much and would like some more variety Razz

although i did say:

"I'm also tired of "Titanic Suite" it's long and it sucks"

which it still does Razz
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Wow, thanks platy, I couldn't find this thread anymore! Quite similar, but there is still a difference between 'I hate' and 'I'm tired of' Smile

I totally agree with you. I just thought it was interesting to dig this old thread.

I must confess that I got tired off Gladiator and Transformers.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: