StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Should greater track variety be encouraged?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should SST encourage a greater variety of soundtracks and composers, on a voluntarily basis?
Yes: we should encourage SSTers to select tracks outside of their comfort zone, using "random days", awards, etc.
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
No: We usually have a good mix of famous tracks and new music in the queue. There is no need to push for a broader selection of music.
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how what you're describing is
different from what we currently have. Are
you actually asking for more restrictions on
LOTR above and beyond the current queue limit?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

jeff
sdg
Sound_Track
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
I'm not sure how what you're describing is
different from what we currently have. Are
you actually asking for more restrictions on
LOTR above and beyond the current queue limit?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

jeff
sdg

I need to try a few things, and then I'll get back to you jeff...
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am   Post subject: NUTS Reply with quote

I just want to note that someone - name, anyone - has started a quest for NUTS - No Unplayed Tracks. I appreciate this unofficial player-led drive to squeeze out all the goodness that is SST! Smile
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:55 am   Post subject: Re: NUTS Reply with quote

ld80061 wrote:
I just want to note that someone - name, anyone - has started a quest for NUTS - No Unplayed Tracks.

I think you're referring to flansbmp in LadyInque's forum thread here.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Novel idea I think. Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, flansbmp's the man! *three cheers for flamsbmp*

In other news, I have just heard that SST (as of February 2008) has about 3200 albums and 56,000 tracks.

flansbmp and I (and other NUTty folks) have quite a task ahead of us - and, if all goes well, the mountain will continue to grow as more and more great soundtracks are added to SST!

*Makes sure retirement plans include a broadband link to SST. Not a moment to be wasted!*
03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
Germany Valfor
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 15230

Valfor is offline View user's profile Send private message Valfor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about NUTs and got an idea: How about we make a thread where we keep track of the NUTs? I would volunteer to make that thread and add/remove any NUTs that I see and other tell me. Smile So you could just look at the first post in this thread and pick a NUTs of your choice. *g*

What do you think? Genius or deluded? *g*
Poland Dragon-fly
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 18923

Dragon-fly is offline View user's profile Send private message Dragon-fly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valfor wrote:
I was thinking about NUTs and got an idea: How about we make a thread where we keep track of the NUTs? I would volunteer to make that thread and add/remove any NUTs that I see and other tell me. Smile So you could just look at the first post in this thread and pick a NUTs of your choice. *g*

What do you think? Genius or deluded? *g*

I think that SiriusCreations is already at creating of this kind of list here.
But the idea is good if it only is regular updated Very Happy
Germany Valfor
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 15230

Valfor is offline View user's profile Send private message Valfor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike or something like that. *g*
AkwaTFanRoadie
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 10908

AkwaTFanRoadie is offline View user's profile Send private message AkwaTFanRoadie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely not a regular, but I go through phases where I listen to SST more than anything else for a few weeks or so. I like the variety of known and unknown tracks (and even very famous composers have some tracks that are lesser known). For those of us who are not soundtrack experts, it's nice to hear something familiar every once and while, because it breaks up the monotony of listening to a ton of stuff that you don't recognize (even if it is very good!). Also, I think that "banning" some of the more popular stuff would discourage new listeners...if a new person stumbled upon this site and found that he/she couldn't listen to something they knew and liked, they might never come back!
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then here's what you do.... drop into chat.... mention that you want to hear something from the SotL ... and ask if you could have the next H.Shore request when the LOTR track plays.... I've used that a few times to get something other than a JW SW track played.... it works surprisingly well.

OR...

Do like I did... branch out, find another composer to request... I had the same issue with Isham following Crash.... seemed like Crash was in constant rotation... couldn't get any of his other works in... So I found other composers, seemed to work fine for me.

And if you think it's bad now, you should have been here before the "artist already in queue" was added..... you'ld get 6 JW tracks in a row...

I'd hate to see things go the way of carrots/sticks, I think things are fine the way they are now....

-tg/akm
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you got some time on your hands and you want a specific composer or album, SAM will allow you to make a request for the same album/composer as soon as it starts playing Very Happy Just a little hint Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: