StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

read on... quotes worth quoting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:38 am   Post subject: Music not words Reply with quote

Below is a link to one of the best pieces of sound engineering work I think I have ever seen. It is a composite audio/video of a song whereby additional tracks were laid by different singers and musicians from different places around the world. The finished product is tremendous!

The song itself is that classic standard "Stand By Me" originally released In 1955 by The Staple Singers and released again in 1961 by the Drifters.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When do you get to be a grown-up? she said.
When you can read & write & lie without laughing, I said.
Her eyes got big, she said she didn't know it was that hard.

Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

From Story A Day....

Remembering
You have to remember to make it all over again every day, the angel said to me. Otherwise it goes all to h*ll.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:56 pm   Post subject: Got Poems or short story? Reply with quote

I was thinking maybe a few additions here might be fun. Here is a short tale my sister wrote.

We have a crow that lives in our complex somewhere. We also have a ferral cat who calls our address home. On a few occasions I've seen the crow take out after the cat and dive-bomb him. The cat has a few friends in the complex and more than a few really good hiding places.

This morning, a little after 5:00 a.m., the crow and the cat were at it again. This time, the crow was squawking loudly and incessantly. For more than ten minutes, nothing but caw, caw, caw non-stop at the top of his lungs. I got up, got dressed and went out to fix this rude alarm clock. I don't know who started it nor who was egging on whom, but I meant to put a stop to it.

It wasn't too hard to find the culprits. The cat was calmly sitting on my neighbor's front porch next to the door, and the crow was above the porch giving the cat what-for. I think the cat was smiling and I'm pretty sure the crow was hacked off. I think they'd still be there this afternoon playing their loud, stupid game had I not shoo'd them off.

Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 21964

Soundbite is offline View user's profile Send private message View Soundbite's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This ones from a furry friend of mine.

"The darkest part of the day is when the sun shines the brightest, for that is when the world can see all that it has accomplished, and all that it had to destroy to acheive those accomplishments."
- Wise Wolf
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this quote hanging in my office:

"Always do right, this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

Mark Twain
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 21964

Soundbite is offline View user's profile Send private message View Soundbite's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont draw strength from the person you love, then you don't really love them, you just like them. =^_^=
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Reason

There are things you do because they feel right.
They may make no sense and they may make no money.
It may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of sh*t.'
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
"...So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of sh*t.'

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

From my Story People site:

I held out my hands & asked where I could help?
Somebody grabbed me and pointed me towards the future and said, You've got your work cut out for you!
I said, isn't there anything easier?
& He laughed and said you could dig around in the past, but it's just busywork & that made perfect sense so I shrugged & started right where I was, along with everyone else.

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder,

I deleted your post. It was terribly long and as much as I love Steel Magnolias, there is already a place with the memorable quotes, IMDB.

Here's the link so others can enjoy if they wish and we don't run the risk of the language:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098384/quotes

BQ
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
'Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby..... She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of sh*t.'

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't inspirational or anything, but it's a line I just heard and absolutely love. I was watching Wizards of Waverly Place last night on the Disney Channel (I was waiting for a new episode of Phineas and Ferb, honest) when one of the characters described a pack of vampires in this way:

Quote:
They're handsomer than us, more cunning. They're like shaved wolves that can vote!

I think this may be the most apt description of vampires I've heard in a while. It cracked me up. Okay. Bye!
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Story People....

My favorite thing is the wind, she said, & my second favorite is chocolate but I just do that so I don't get too skinny & blow away.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: