StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

read on... quotes worth quoting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
PomPom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

With such a name she was english ?
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. Autobiographies are totally self indulgent... otherwise why would the author bother to write one? Smile
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien_Avatar's Comprehensive Autobiography In Three Parts

Part I
Born.

Part II
Doing some stuff and not doing other stuff.

Part III
Justifying my continued existence by composing a comprehensive autobiography in three parts.

Razz Wink
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:01 pm   Post subject: From Story People Reply with quote

I have heard some beautiful notes in my life, she said, but they were nothing without the rest of the music, too.

Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien!! I had no idea how remarkably intricate your autobiography would be!! I'm so amazed by how complex it is even though you make it sound so simple!! I salute you alien and hope that one day... yes, one day even I may come to realize the great revelations you have received in your life. Smile Thanks for your wonderful contribution to the universe. Wink Razz Smile
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 am   Post subject: More Chocolate quotes Reply with quote

The rules of chocolate

~ If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

~ Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices & strawberries

- all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

~ The problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the shop in a hot car. The solution: Eat it in the car park.

~ Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite and you'll eat less.

~ A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Isn't that handy?

~ If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer.

~ But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

~ If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

~ Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger.

~ If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top tights. An entire garment industry would be devastated.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done

The 12-step chocoholics program:
NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces Judith Viorst

Giving chocolate to others is an intimate form of communication, a sharing of deep, dark secrets Milton Zelman, publisher of "Chocolate News"

A chocolate in the mouth is worth two on the plate.

If it ain't chocolate, it ain't breakfast!

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE
Linda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers"

"Liquidum non frangit jejunum." ([chocolate] liquids, amongst them, do not constitute a break in fasting.)
Cardinal Francis Maria Brancaccio of the Vatican, 1662

Chocolate: Here today .... Gone today!

Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate! Elaine Sherman, Book of Divine Indulgences

Forget love-- I'd rather fall in chocolate!!!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like.
Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation

Nobody knows the truffles I've seen!

Caramels are only a fad. Chocolate is a permanent thing- Milton Snavely- Hershey

A true chocolate lover finds ways to accommodate his passion and make it work with his lifestyle. One key, not just to keeping weight down and staying guilt-free, but also to keeping taste buds sharp (essential for the professionals who evaluate new products as well as judge recipes), Is being discriminating. Julie Davis of the Los Angeles Times, 10/30/85

Seen recently on a tee shirt ~ ATTENTION EMERGENCY : If wearer of this shirt is found vacant, listless, or depressed, ADMINISTER CHOCOLATE IMMEDIATELY.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, those chocolate tips are right on!! I think i need that shirt from the last line of your post cin....Very Happy
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:35 pm   Post subject: Now ya know.... Reply with quote

In its January 22, 2008 edition, the Quebec City newspaper, Le Soleil, had a topic about generations by age group.

Generations are grouped as follows:

- The Silent generation, people born before 1945.

- The Baby Boomers, people born between 1945 and 1961.

- Generation X, people born between 1962 and 1976.

- Generation Y, people born between 1977 and 1989.

Why do we call the last one generation Y? I did not know, but

a caricaturist explains it eloquently below ...

Learned something new!

Maybe they will all grow up to be plumbers!!! Good paying job there, make their mom proud!
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna be a plumber Sad Wink
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:02 am   Post subject: Read a review of John Lennon's visit to Canada Reply with quote

PM -- 'a beautiful person'
Written by the Citizen Staff, published on Tuesday, December 23, 1969

Prime Minister Trudeau, according to the Beatles' disciple of peace John Lennon, is "a beautiful person."

Lennon emerged from a 50-minute interview with the PM today and declared that if more world leaders were like Mr. Trudeau it wouldn't be necessary to worry about peace. Lennon, accompanied by his wife Yoko Ono, called on Mr. Trudeau in his Centre Block office at 11 a.m. It was intended to be a 10 or 15 minute interview -- it lasted 50 minutes.

"Smile, clap hands and hope and the world will find peace."
That, in brief, was the Christmas message the Lennon's - John and Yoko - offered Saturday.

"Peace is no violence, no frustration, no fear," John Lennon said during an interview to be shown at Christmas day by the CBC television network.

"If I smile at you, you're liable to smile back," he told the interviewer. "We're smiling at the world."

The Lennons managed to include the word "peace" in almost every answer and said it was intentional.

I think he was just ahead of his time...or left over.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:05 am   Post subject: EARTH DAY 2008 Reply with quote

Help yourself... take one and use it...

Every day is Earth Day. ~Author Unknown

I conceive that the land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living, and countless numbers are still unborn. ~A Chieftan from Nigeria

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ~Native American Proverb

There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew. ~Marshall McLuhan, 1964

Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth. ~Henry David Thoreau

There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all. ~Robert Orben

I'm not an environmentalist. I'm an Earth warrior. ~Darryl Cherney, quoted in Smithsonian, April 1990

Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn, quoted in Jon Winokur, The Portable Curmudgeon, 1987

For 200 years we've been conquering Nature. Now we're beating it to death. ~Tom McMillan, quoted in Francesca Lyman, The Greenhouse Trap, 1990

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. ~John Muir, 1913, in L.M. Wolfe, ed., John Muir, John of the Mountains: The Unpublished Journals of John Muir, 1938

I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. ~Elwyn Brooks White, Essays of E.B. White, 1977

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855

Man must feel the earth to know himself and recognize his values.... God made life simple. It is man who complicates it. ~Charles A. Lindbergh, Reader's Digest, July 1972

After a visit to the beach, it's hard to believe that we live in a material world. ~Pam Shaw

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

Environmentalists have long been fond of saying that the sun is the only safe nuclear reactor, situated as it is some ninety-three million miles away. ~Stephanie Mills, ed., In Praise of Nature, 1990

Humanity is on the march, earth itself is left behind. ~David Ehrenfeld, The Arrogance of Humanism, 1978

It is the safest of times, it is the riskiest of times.... What the Dickens is going on here? ~Denton Morrison, on chemicals, technology, and risk, quoted in National Academy of Sciences, Improving Risk Communication, 1989

Never does nature say one thing and wisdom another. ~Juvenal, Satires

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. ~Cree Indian Proverb
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

“I invented the formula of 'music composed, arranged and conducted by Ennio Morricone.” Ennio Morricone

You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:52 pm   Post subject: Mother's day quotes Reply with quote

Before I was a Mom -
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom -
I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on - Pooped on - Spit on - Chewed on, or Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and My thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life
so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known The warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

Send this to someone whom you think is a special Mom...

And remember that behind every successful woman......
is a basket of dirty laundry.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.

A young boy said to his mother, 'How old were you when I was born?' His mother replied, '23.' 'Wow, that's a lot of time we missed spending together.

The commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes them a mother--which is as absurd as believing that having a piano makes one a musician.

Q: How many Moms does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One. After all, that light bulb's not going to change itself, and heaven forbid anyone else getting off their lazy butt to do it.

Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

She may be considered the maid
She may be considered the gardener
She may be considered the day care
She may be considered many things
But one thing is for sure
She will never be alone
And she will always be loved.
what kind of person walks on water?
what kind of person is tougher than nails?
what kind of person hung the moon?
what kind of person would die for you?
what kind of person would forgive you?
what kind of person interprets the rules?
a mother is the answer to all of these questions.
My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being.
I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: