StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

read on... quotes worth quoting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: My signature for one of the forums I use outside of SST is:

Mark Twain (1835-1910): "It is easier to stay out than get out" ---> http://24seven.fm/

Wink Razz

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan

Last edited by molossus on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support molossus. Don't forget about this thread:

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3649

jeff
sdg
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks j2brown. I remember.

I've been even using that before but decided it's a bit too big (especially if you are posting a lot and often there are multiple posts from you in one thread - it doesn't look that good in my opinion).

BTW: Could I shrink that banner in any way?

USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." -- Emo Philips Laughing
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
BTW: Could I shrink that banner in any way?

I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows. I think Chandler and/or JERIC were the ones that put this together.

jeff
sdg
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you j2.

USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This so fits me...which are you?

Fog People
There are your fog people & your sun people, he said.
I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded.

Fog'll do that to you, he said.

These are some foggy shots I have taken. Golden Gate Bridge

A moored boat down by Eureka, California

A light house on the job!
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:16 pm   Post subject: Found a few to share Reply with quote

'If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.'
- Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money.
-G Gordon Liddy

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
-James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in Rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
-Douglas Casey, (Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University )

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
-P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it; If it keeps moving, regulate it...and if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan (1986)

I don't make jokes I just watch the government and report the facts.
-Will Rogers

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when it's ' free ' !
-P.J. O'Rourke

In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
-Voltaire (1764)

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-Mark Twain (1866 )

Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it.
-Unknown

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
-Ronald Reagan

What this country needs is more unemployed politicians.
-Edward Langley, Artist (1928 - 1995)
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fairly conservative/libertarian from a self proclaimed "Blue stater", but I enjoyed them. Thanks, Cinder.

jeff
sdg
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

One time on Hollywood Boulevard I saw a young girl with a baby. It was a crisp winter morning, her hair shone dark purple in the sun.
She was panhandling outside the Holiday Inn. The door clerk came out and told her to be on her way.
I wondered if anyone would recognize the Christ child if they happened to meet. I remember thinking it's not like there are any published pictures. Purple seemed like a good color for a Madonna so I gave her a dollar just in case.

Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose only one master - Nature.
Rembrandt
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 am   Post subject: WISDOM Reply with quote

this site... wow it is powerful.

http://www.wisdombook.org/

It has lots of famous artists, actors, political types, folks from around the world saying what they think. It is really neat.
I hope you will take time to go see it and book mark to come back to later.

"Inspired by the idea that one of the greatest gifts one generation can pass to another is the wisdom it has gained from experience, the Wisdom project, produced with the cooperation from Archbishop Desmond Tut, seeks to create a record of a multicultural group of people who have all made their mark on the world. Presented against the same while space, all the subject are removed from their contest, which not only democratizes, them, but also allows for a clear dialogue to exist between them. In an attempt to create a more profound, honest, and truly revealing portrait of these luminaries, the project encompasses their voices, their physical presence, and the written word. This comprehensive portrayal of such a profound and global group is an index of extraordinary perspectives.
Wisdom is an ongroing project. Additions to this list of contributors continues."
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

“If you done it, it ain't bragging.”

“When I give I give myself.”

I Like this quote I dislike this quote“Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul.”

all three from Walt Whitman quotes ( Poet, 1819-1892)
AND

“It is important that you recognize your progress and take pride in your accomplishments. Share your achievements with others. Brag a little. The recognition and support of those around you is nurturing.”
Rosemarie Rossetti
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a quote but I was not sure where else to share this from...

Learning From The Big Picture
Cycle Of Life As we walk through the world, the people we encounter appear so different from one another. We see babies, old men, pregnant women, and teenaged boys. We know couples on the verge of marriage and lonely widows. We interact with toddlers and the terminally ill. As different as each person seems, they are all living the human experience. They are just at different places in the cycle that begins with birth and ends with death. Every phase of the cycle of life has its gifts and its challenges. Each stage is temporary and ultimately gives way to a new phase. This ephemeral quality makes each phase precious, because it will never last.

One of the wonderful qualities possessed by babies and young children is that they are unaware that a cycle of life even exists. They simply are present to wherever they happen to be right now, and they don’t give much thought to the past or future. Being around them reminds us of the joy that comes from living fully in the moment. On the opposite end of life’s cycle are our elderly role models. They are a reminder that each phase of life should be treasured. Time does pass, and we all change and grow older.

Being aware of the cycle of life and our place in it makes us wiser. As we develop a true appreciation for the phase we are in, we can savor it more. A new mother going through a difficult time with her infant can more easily embrace her challenges because she knows that her child will grow up, and she will long for this time again. Difficult and challenging periods are inevitable, but – like everything that is a part of the cycle of life – they are temporary. When we are fully engaged with life, we get to savor and grow from each phase, and we are ready for the next one when it arrives. Fully embracing wherever you are in the cycle of life is the very essence to happiness.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious information

I was not sure where to post this but since this is kind of my spot, I thought here is a good place.

Pass this along as you see fit because it's probably the best search list ever compiled about the Vietnam War. I am here because of your contacts. Maybe you will never go there and see what is offered. But maybe you know a student, or a Vet. who might be interested. It is huge.

This simply has to be shared with anyone who ever served in Vietnam or who is studying the war. It would take months to look at everything this site offers.

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Thomas.Pilsch/Vietnam.html

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: