StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

3:10 To Yuma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 pm   Post subject: 3:10 To Yuma Reply with quote

Three-Ten To Yuma (3:10 To Yuma)

Composer : Marco Beltrami

Label / No. : Lions Gate Records & itunes download

Year of release : 2007

CD release: 2007

Total duration : 47:41

Reviewed by: Adam Schofield
Marco Beltrami has had a mixed year for film scoring, despite having success with Live Free Or Die Hard Beltrami composed scores for two cinema flops, the claustrophobic horror movie Captivity and the Disney movie The Invisible. However, Beltrami is back on form with his score for the western thriller 3:10 To Yuma starring Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. This marks his second venture into the genre after his success with Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada in 2006.

Beltrami has composed a very impressive score, which pays respect to the classic western scores of composers such as Ennio Morricone; using instruments such as the acoustic and electric guitars, mandolin, honky-tonk piano and mariachi band style brass. But he also makes it his own, extending the clichés to provide the score with his own unique modern style that he has given to so many films, with his use of electronic and timbral effects.

The opening track ‘Main Title’ gives very little away, with a brief sample of the main theme on the mandolin and a rhythmic string motif. However, the second track ‘Ben Takes The Stage/Dan’s Burden’ serves as the main titles introducing the rhythmic string motif leading into the main theme part way through. First heard on acoustic guitar, then developed on electric guitar and finally the strings perform the theme with long melodic phrasing.

The theme is referred to and varied throughout the score in tracks such as ‘Ben There Done That’, ‘One Man Left’ and ‘Man Of His Word’ with a variation on honky-tonk piano and acoustic guitar.

The remainder of the score is largely suspense and action orientated music, which Beltrami achieves very well. With his rhythmic driven strings heard in ‘Barn Burn’, ‘Flight Of The Princess’ and ‘Gang Arrives’, and suspenseful writing heard in ‘Ben Arrested’ and ‘It’s Time’.

Beltrami also appears to use a timbral sound effect that he created in his score for the remake of The Omen. He uses the sound of a piano foot pedal, which when released creates a clunking sound against the wood, which then resonates the strings in the piano. This can be heard most prominently in ‘Bisbygliando’ and later in ‘Trial By Fire’.

The score ends appropriately with the main theme in ‘The 3:10 To Yuma’, which closes the score nicely. Although a very intelligent and well-crafted score, the themes are often hard to recall without several plays. However 3:10 To Yuma continues to show Beltrami’s ability to provide his own unique style to any film genre, choosing to be creative, rather than settling for the formulaic approach.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you just telling us about this Cinder, or are you asking to have it added to the playlist?

jeff
sdg
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:23 pm   Post subject: I think I messed up! Reply with quote

YES!

No I was just posting the review. I am sure someone will add the CD to the list when it is donate.
Oh dear is it in the wrong spot?

Please to move it and delete this comment if I put it in the wrong spot. I tried to guess which spot it should land in.

thanks J2 as always for keeping me on track!!!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're just posting the review, this is fine. If you wanted it added it should be reworked (just a bit) and put in the "Playlist" forums.

jeff
sdg
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this album is donated/bought already and that it will be in the next playlist update?

if not I can make an poll and add it to the request forum.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: