StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

fav. Moulin Rouge song?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Jimi
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 235

Jimi is offline View user's profile Send private message Jimi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:28 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

Anyone have a favorite from either of the 2 cds? I think Ewan's "Your Song" rox bunt cake compared to Elton's version... his is good, but not as.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return..."
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:02 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

Without a doubt: Roxanne.
It's amazing that you can turn a song that was so bad originally into something this good. (I know that some people (esparvel) think exactly the opposite though)
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:30 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

Bolero..is really good. That's about it...Unless a donkey being tortured is your bag.. [Big Grin]

torture: def...1. inflicting severe pain, as to force information or a confession. 2.any severe or physical pain:agony. 3. to twist or distort.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:35 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

Elephant Love Medley & Hindi Sad Diamonds

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:32 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

Oh, my money it doesn't get any better than... Elephant love melody, and someday i'll fly away is tied with come what may(the only original song.)
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:34 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

My favourite Moulin rouge song is when the CD is played upside down, that silence is the best part of this ST.
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

I agree with Hart. Bolero, and that's about it.
Musicsound
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 304

Musicsound is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Musicsound's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:03 pm   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

I really enjoy listening to the Elephant Love Medley, its so powerful!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:29 pm   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

Love melody was the first track i heard from it, however i think Bolero realy soars high on the album.. well atleast the second one.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:09 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

I agree with Esparvel, the silence is the best part. I hate listening to the braying of tortured donkeys.
Cadet 1

Member#: 306

Nikita is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Nikita's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:20 am   Post subject: fav. Moulin Rouge song? Reply with quote

I like "Come What May" because they sing so nice when they sing duet. It's wonderful to listen to.
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 1753

Glorix Jim is offline View user's profile Send private message Glorix Jim's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:35 pm   Post subject: Mouling Rouge track Reply with quote

My favorite Moulin Rouge track must be: Roxanne. Great how the three singers make one song out of three different styles. Great orchestra!
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolero is the only track on the whole album that has any merit IMHO. After that I feel the CD makes a kick ass coaster for my coffee cup. Smile Not to denegrate any of the artists mind you, I just feel the material was less than good.
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing is clear there's alot of differences in opinions...

Well I loved it. The Elephant Love Melody was fun and I think ingenious, plus I love singing it.

Also liked Roxanne, although here I have to admit, the singer is not one that I'd choose. A bit too much gravel in his voice for me.

The main line rock songs did live me a bit cold, so I just fast forward past those.

Goblin
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Like a Virgin song is my favorite (although the version in the film is MUCH better than what's on the album).

I'm not a big M.R. fan, but I do like that song... probably because I'm often told that the character singing it is me. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: