StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

National Treasure 2, I Am Legend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Protonstream
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 19351

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:38 pm   Post subject: National Treasure 2, I Am Legend Reply with quote

So maybe somebody can clear this up for me...
National Treasure had a sound score by Trevor Rabin. It came out around the same as the film. However..with this new film..National Treasure Book of Secrets, there's no information on amazon about a score or anywhere else. Whats up with that? I'm sure the film has enough music in it to put it on a cd to sell. Why not have it out during Christmas shopping to get the sales started?

Also, I Am Legend doesn't have a score for it either. I know one will be released on Jan 15 2008 but....why would they wait so long especially with a big film when people are gonna be out and about hunting one down? Generally music for movies come out before or at the same time as films.

Hmm
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it seems like studios and producers don't think CD score releases make money, so they seem to be shuffling them to iTunes. You can find National Treasure: Book of Secrets there. However, they are kind of out of tune with what will sell, seeing that the Transformers score did quite well and LOTR: Return of the King Complete Recordings is really hard to find this holiday season.

I figure that it takes longer to find a record label these days for a CD score because most scores are probably not very profitable, and also it takes time to edit and sequence the tracks properly. Sometimes the producers wait until the film is a hit then allocate more money for a score release. There's probably a whole bunch of different factors that go into these decisions.
USA Protonstream
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 19351

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright...so it's on itunes but you can't buy the soundtrack in stores? Ok?

I saw the movie today and most of it sounded like it was from the 1st soundtrack.
USA Ceidon
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 18050

Ceidon is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ceidon's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Protonstream wrote:
Alright...so it's on itunes but you can't buy the soundtrack in stores? Ok?

I saw the movie today and most of it sounded like it was from the 1st soundtrack.

thats interesting....well at least its on itunes... i agree....thoguh the ST was short rabon managed to pull off another one Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: