StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: POTC: Soundtrack Treasures Collection (4th Disc)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add the 4th disc of the POTC Soundtrack Treasures Collection?
Yes (Absolutely!)
60%
 60%  [ 15 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

USA Zimmerman
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 18849

Zimmerman is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Zimmerman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:30 pm   Post subject: Add: POTC: Soundtrack Treasures Collection (4th Disc) Reply with quote

Pirates of the Caribbean: Soundtrack Treasures Collection
by Hans Zimmer and Klaus Badelt

This set contains all of the 3 original soundtracks to the the 3 pirates of the caribbean movies. The major highlight of this set is the 4th disc (which is what the request is for). It contains 2 original demos of themes for POTC and 6 other tracks where Zimmer puts some of his themes into a traditional concert style. It also contains Zimmer's cuts of the remixes that have been released previously. It also includes a DVD with some interviews with Zimmer and his live performance.

Discs 1, 2, and 3 are same as previous releases.
Disc 4 includes:
1. Pirates, One Day, 4:56 AM - Hans Zimmer
2. Marry Me - Hans Zimmer
3. The Heart Of Davy Jones - Hans Zimmer
4. Lord Cutler Beckett - Hans Zimmer
5. Jack's Theme Bare Bones Demo - Hans Zimmer
6. Hoist The Colours Suite - Hans Zimmer
7. The Pirate Lord of Singapore - Hans Zimmer
8. Just Good Business - Hans Zimmer

9. He's a Pirate - Hans Zimmer
10. He's a Pirate - Hans Zimmer
11. He's a Pirate - Hans Zimmer
12. He's a Pirate - Hans Zimmer
13. Jack's Suite - Hans Zimmer
14. Jack's Suite - Hans Zimmer
15. Pirates Live Forever - Hans Zimmer

This is a Review from Amazon that pretty much sums up my feeling about the set:

I can distinctly remember leaving the theater after seeing Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of Black Pearl and being disappointed in the music - the credits claimed the music was written by Klaus Badelt, but I could swear the music was distinctly Zimmer's. Little did I know, the music was actually created by Zimmer - as he himself admits in his interview contained on the DVD, he actually wrote all the important cues of the film and had Badelt polish and finish them off. What then followed was Zimmer's taking over for Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, thus not only bringing the music full circle but creating one of the best blockbuster soundtracks of our time.

Now, don't get me wrong. This is nowhere near The Thin Red Line: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and its level of gloriousness, but it can match wits with Gladiator any day of the week. This box set, trying to be similar to the Lord of the Rings' Complete Recordings, contains the scores for all three movies, another CD with suits and remixes and most importantly a DVD with two interviews and the 8-minute live performance of the best score cues that preceded the world premiere of the third movie at Disneyland. You may think of the movies what you like, but you cannot ignore the fact that by the third movie Zimmer has created a very rich and meaningful tapestry of music for the wild world of the Pirates' movies. (Of course, this applies only in the context of Zimmer's musical style - if you don't like his type of scores, you won't like this score either.) Simply put, by the third movie there are several incredibly beautiful melodies, all interwoven into a beautiful soundtrack.

The disc with the remixes contains nine suits that bring all the aforementioned cues together in a compact way. Especially "Marry Me" saves the listener a lot of jumping about between tracks by playing all versions of the fantastic love theme in succession, creating a heartbreaking 9-minute ode to love. The remixes were mostly featured on different CDs over the time and offer little incentive to buy this set. The suits, on the other hand, are one of the biggest reasons to pay the steep price for this edition.

However, the main reason to click on the Buy Now button is the DVD itself. It is not the fullest DVD, as it contains only two interviews - one with Hans Zimmer, Jerry Bruckheimer (producer), Gore Verbinski (director) and Zimmer's staff discussing the movie and music together, and another with Zimmer alone, where he dwells into his process of creating the music and recording it. The second interview is much better than the first, although both are very short (cca. 15 minutes each), but in a world where information about movie scoring is rare, even this is reason enough to buy. And finally there is the live performance which should warm the heart of any music fan. Here the most important melodies are brought to life by the core musicians who recorded them in the first place and seeing the joy on their face while playing is simply incredible.

If you liked the Pirates' music and don't own any of scores yet then this should be a no-brainer for you. If, however, you already own the score, you'll have to decide if a few beautiful suits, one good interview and an 8-minute live performance are worth the price. They were for me.
-Marek Vojtko "marco1475" (Plano, TX)

MAIN POINT: The request is for the 4th disc of this set to be added.

This set on Wikipedia
Switzerland Mathias
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 19559

Mathias is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Mathias's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Yes, that a good request Zimmerman !
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good, but YEOW!! $67.00!! You may need to consider donating it if JERIC approves...
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is willing to spend $67 on what amounts to one disk, then I'd say we include it. Otherwise, I don't advocate spending SST money for it.

jeff
sdg
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered this box, because I do not own one of the soundtracks yet and I like the extra cd and DVD which in this package. But because the first 3 CD's are already in the library I do not think it is worth the money for only the extra tracks. So that is the reason I vote No. If the first CDs were not in the library I would voted absolutely for Yes!
Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no, for the same reasons that SiriusCreations mentioned. If someone wants to mail in the CD (so JERIC doesn't have to shell out the cash), then you can switch my 'no' to a 'yes'.
03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
USA Zimmerman
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 18849

Zimmerman is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Zimmerman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:35 pm   Post subject: well... Reply with quote

I wonder...if I tried to mail in the CD, would I be able to get it back?

I'll send it in in its original case...so all the info can be retained if it is to be added.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:23 am   Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

Zimmerman wrote:
I wonder...if I tried to mail in the CD, would I be able to get it back?

No you do not get it back.
All albums which are in this library must be in possesion of the webcaster I think, for legal reasons.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. JERIC must legally possess/own all the music that gets played here.

jeff
sdg
Germany Victor
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16087

Victor is offline View user's profile Send private message View Victor's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes, cause some nice suites are always nice, BUT... the horribles remixes don't have to be added then.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor wrote:
I voted yes, cause some nice suites are always nice, BUT... the horribles remixes don't have to be added then.

I own this box and it is very nice.
The suites are ok, but I do not think to pay $60 for those. Because the three original albums are already in the playlist. Unless somebody is willing to donate the extra CD of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: