StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:36 pm   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

This is probably one of the most wonderful scores ive heard, despite all the negativitly that people are throwing around. Oo klaus badelt stole this, its unoriginal that.

I could not disagree more. Perhaps the main theme bares a resembalence to a jerry goldsmith veture which i cant recall at the momment, but it barly sounds like it and is varied brilliantly.

its a shame that this score probably wont even get noticed for any academy recodnition. In fact it was barly noticed when it came out despite the few but positive reviews. It was not untill like 4 or 5 months after its release that people actualy begain talking about it.

Ok thats my rant for the day . thanks for stoppin by [Big Grin]
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:30 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Dude,

Usually I don't do this kind of stuff, and I tend to dislike people who do, but _OMG_ what a bunch of typo's.

These are the kind of posts that are so riddled with typo's that readers even lose track of what they're about.

Of course, it could be that you're dyslectic, or you were drunk, or maybe you are typing with your tongue; but even then, there are tools and organizations to help you out!

The good news is that I actually had fun counting your typo's, I felt like I was in elementary school again...

***MODERATOR'S NOTE: How many did you find?***

Oh, and getting back on topic. I'm not a big fan of the soundtrack you mentioned, but since I also didn't care for the movie, that could be part of the problem.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:54 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Personally I don't see what's so special about The Time Machine. It has a really good rating, but why?

What's the best track on the album?

Oh and Eyedea, some of the users have messaged me about your typos, seriously. Personally, I think they're all just looking for reasons to bother me, (and in my opinion, quoting oneself in their own signature is much more obnoxious) but since I still have to hear about it, I'm going to have to beg of you to proofread your posts or pay someone else to do it.

Please Eyedea, do it for the children, even the ones you'd just assume make into a nice stew.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:08 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

ok mr. Mod :

16 spelling errors, and 1 grammatical dilemma.

(not counting the signature)
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:12 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

My God, you're right. He does have mistakes in his own signature. I wonder if the pun in his handle is just a coincidental spelling error?

Eyedea, what have you to say of this?
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:47 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Well, Eyedea, I'm no fan of The Time Machine, but it is rated higher than you are. Hummmm....
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:55 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Ohh... so cold. So cold.

Don't feel too bad Eyedea, one vote of 5 and you'll be tied with me! [Big Grin] And besides, it nice having someone posting on here frequently again.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:07 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Alright, in all fairness I just heard "What If" on The Time Machine soundtrack and it wasn't half bad.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:02 pm   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Oh how I got kicked around in this thread. Some of you in fact made my pride fall apart faster than a cheap Mexican space rocket. And above all people, it is Christmas, ouch. But now facing the moderator’s wrath, I guess I am forced to “proof read” my posts. It seems the days of freedom I enjoyed so much are over. *Snif
But hey, at least someone enjoyed counting my seemingly epic mistakes. SlowMo, you’re the man !!!

And as for the Time Machine Score (not movie), which now seems to be the subtopic of this thread, in my opinion is wonderful and deserves recondition. Because it has such rich melody and theme, and in addition is delivered very well in terms of conduction, are the reasons why in my mind its such a success. The movie itself is arguable in terms of success, but not the score.

Cocles, the highlight cues on the score are:
I don’t belong here (The main theme in all its Glory)
Morlocks Attack
Eloi
Godspeed
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:24 pm   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

There are still typo's in the body of your sentence and your signature "Think I’m wrong? I’ll break your legs, now stand corrected." is a run-on sentence. [Razz]
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:51 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Didn't you see Cocles, he pleaded Christmas... So we have to get off his case.

Oh right, you're not christian I guess.. (So you don't get presents either muahahahahaha.)

As to the subtopic : I have nothing to add or say about it..
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:23 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Oh alright you're right. It's Christmas. So Eyedea, for the next few days I'll proofread your posts for you. [Smile] Yeehaw.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:16 am   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Let me tell you, I am one happy camper. [Big Grin]
Wooohooo!!
Ensign

Member#: 256

Zack is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zack's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:21 pm   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Wow. This is one of those really weird threads that I have to wonder about. First of all, I see about two billion spelling and grammar errors on the internet every dang day. I don't see what the big deal is here, or why poor EyeDea is getting picked on because he might have been drunk or dyslexic or typing with his tongue. But I'm sure everyone who's read through this thread has since been much more aware of his typing accuracy. I sure have [Smile]

To keep on track of the topic, I had no idea anybody had a problem with the score for The Time Machine! I loved it! I enjoyed it while I first watched it in theaters. It didn't sound unoriginal to me at all. Any idea where he might have ripped off a tune from?

Anyway, my favorite track is the first one: Professor Alexander Hartdegen.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:05 pm   Post subject: Time Machine Score (2002) thoughts.. Reply with quote

Thanks Zack for your help in this ever-dangerous war of spelling.

As for your thoughts on the score, I completely agree with you. I think it’s a wonderful and rich score that not only has action and romance, but everything in between.

The tune he apparently ripped can be heard in “I don’t Belong Here” and it came from Jerry Goldsmith’s The Edge score. I’ve listened to both tracks, and they do sound similar, but not the same.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: