StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add Moonstruck
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add Moonstruck
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Maybe
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

Canada lmarrese VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:44 pm   Post subject: Add Moonstruck Reply with quote

Wonderful music on this ST. Surprised I couldn't find a previous thread requesting it. (or might have missed it when I was skimming through).

Link to page for listening samples: http://www.amazon.com/Moonstruck-1987-Film-Dick-Hyman/dp/B00000DR7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206321862&sr=1-1

Last edited by lmarrese on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Add Moonstruck Reply with quote

lmarrese wrote:
Link to page for listening samples: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MG/199222~Moonstruck-Posters.jpg

Well actually you linked to the poster.

Here the link to the samples Wink
Commander
Commander

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oops... my mistake Embarassed

that's what I get for not paying attention. Thanks Sirius Wink
Commander
Commander

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump* thought I would give this another shot to see if there is anymore interest in this ST.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What a hilarious must-see comedy! Contains Cher’s famous line after she slaps Nicholas Cage, “Snap out of it!” and features many great location shots in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

The story line has parallels and allusions to Puccini's opera La Boheme and operatic themes are used throughout the score. Composer Dick Hyman had originally planned to have music from La Boheme for the opening credits, but test audience screenings indicated that the “serious” music left people confused. They didn’t know if it was a drama or a comedy. It was replaced with “That’s Amore”, the popular song sung by Dean Martin.

There is a 6-minute documentary on the DVD explaining the influence of La Boheme. "The Music of Moonstruck" (6 mins.) begins with the test-audience story and then segues into composer Dick Hyman explaining his choices.

Opera excerpts make up a substantial portion of the soundtrack… certain cues are taken verbatim and others are instrumental arrangements.

Of the 18 tracks on the CD, 8 are opera excerpts, 3 are pop songs from the era, and 8 are original cues composed for the film.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, naturally I would think the 8 original cues would work here .Smile Yes
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I recently bought the vinylalbum I was attracted by the romantic italian-like music of Hyman and his arrangements of Puccini's "la Boheme".
Even Dean Martin is a great pick. If this revival of voting could mean that it's on Jeric's wishlist soon, please include all songs (opera and crooners alike)
All music plays a great part in the movie/restaurant scenes.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to hear the whole soundtrack - loved it ...
And the music is really fitting - so it would be great to have it added!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 22761

girlfriend is offline View user's profile Send private message View girlfriend's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

italian romances are never boring!Wink
but seriously, I heard the vinyl version and I was really addicted to this soundtrack.
(also to the other music of this movie), so I hope it will be added together with the good intentions of the new year!!!
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with the eight original cues Wink
03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks! Some detail on the contents:

Artist: Dick Hyman / Giocomo Puccini

Tracks:
01 - That's Amore {Dean Martin} (3:08 ) *
02 - Canzone per Loretta / Addio, Mulberry Street (2:57)
03 - Mr. Moon (1:01)
04 - It Must Be Him {Vicki Carr} (2:51) *
05 - Old Man Mazurka (2:28 )
06 - Lament for Johnny's Mama (1:14)
07 - Che Gelida Manina (1:47)
08 - Donde Lieta Usci (3:32) **
09 - Canzone per Loretta (0:57)
10 - O Soave Fanciulla (4:00) **
11 - Musetta's Waltz (4:29) **
12 - Musetta's Entrance (1:20) **
13 - Instrumental Excerpts from "La Boheme" (3:31) **
14 - Gettin' Ready (1:46)
15 - Brooklyn Heights Stroll (3:16)
16 - Beautiful Signorina (3:16)
17 - Moonglow (2:54)
18 - Canzone per Loretta / Gioventu mia, tu non sei morta (2:16) **

Total play time: 46:43

* Two tracks, #1 & 4, are vocal pop ("pop" in the older sense). I don't care so much about the Vicki Carr number but I'd really love to see the Dean Martin track kept, as it is the opening number to the film. And, it's Dean Martin. Cool

** Five tracks are essentially from Puccini's La Boheme, yes. However, only 2 of these are straight opera recordings (#8 & 10, with vocals provided by the famous Renata Tebaldi & Carlo Bergonzi). The others are simply instrumentals/contemporary arrangements by Dick Hyman which I seriously doubt a casual listener would peg as "opera" upon hearing. A sixth track, the closing number, does include a brief vocal reprise from Puccini which only lasts for maybe the last 30-40 seconds.

I suppose the vocal opera pieces could always be migrated over to Adagio FM, but I would prefer to see them stay here on SST. I can appreciate that some people don't like opera tracks (I can only take moderate doses myself, LOL) but in this particular instance I would argue absolutely in favor to keep. For starters, it's only 2 tracks. :p Moreover, in the film...
Spoiler:
the character of Johnny takes Loretta out for the evening to the Met specifically so that they can hear this performance, and it winds up being the turning point for her character.
It's not just that the music is pleasant or "a nice touch" there or an "important" track, but that the entire scene is quite literally built around the music and simply does not exist without it. In that regard it brings to mind Shawshank Redemption (which uses "Duettino Sull'aria" from Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro for a key scene – and which, I might point out, was kept for the SST db). It really does a disservice to the soundtrack to exclude them.

*steps down from soapbox* LOL

Anyway, I DO have a spare copy of this lovely soundtrack that I would be happy to donate for the db here. I see that the sound samples from Amazon posted above are no longer available, unfortunately, but I can always email some if they are needed for review first.
USA Angela12
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16588

Angela12 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Angela12's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 am   Post subject: Re: Adding Moonstruck Reply with quote

I voted yes! - I loved the st and the movie was great too!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Angela12 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Angela12's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, the link for the samples doesn't work anymore. (It just said that they weren't available.) I would have liked to refresh my memory! I'll see if I can find more.....
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To update, I have submitted this one to JERIC for approval, just waiting now to hear back.

Meanwhile I have tried to locate some samples. The best I can find so far is at CD Universe, here:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1108908/a/Moonstruck.htm
Just click the little orange "play" button before each track name. However, please note: 5 of the samples on the page are NOT from the Moonstruck OST. These are marked with "Buy MP3" buttons but if you'll notice the fine print, they also say "(from different album)" just beneath. (I believe they do this to save server space but it's irksome as it often misrepresents the material in question!) So please note & disregard those particular samples as they don't sound at all like the versions on this ST. The others are legit.
USA Angela12
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The samples are even better than I remembered! This is a great addition to SST! Thanks so much for posting the link to the samples. Smile
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: