StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

More "Channels"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

More channels?
Yes! More options means more subscriptions/money for SST.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
No. Technical reasons.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
No! I want to foist my craptacular music on others!
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
No. Dilutes the brand.
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do like the variety and although there are some beautiful gamescores, the main issue is the growing number of gamescores in a relatively short time and some VIP's that really annoying listeners by putting in long tracks even when there are mutiple listeners. This gives the (wrong) idea of having a lot more gamemusic that people don't like.

Part of that problem is the tiny difference between an orchestral gamescore and the hard-techno-no music-at- all score. Latter is only loved by very few and stands miles off of the regular scores, hence another point of growing dislike.

So technically speaking there is not much to do against this growing feeling of discomfort, only a
gesture of taking account with all other listeners who want to hear (game)music from the requestor.

take a look at my collection: My album list
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've vote "no" in the beginning of this thread, but I must say that it happens more and more than the whole queue is filled with techno music.
So, I confess that I switch off SST more and more often. I just hope it's a temporary phase.

As I said before, the variety is a great thing, let's keep it, please.
Commodore

Member#: 24518

Angel is offline View user's profile Send private message Angel's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admid I didn't know about this thread before I made one for myself (Another station for game music) until Sirius told me so.
But this thread is almost 2 years old now, there
must be SO MUCH more game music here that was added in the mean time
Variety is a great thing, sure, I'm all for that.
But why is almost all the song excluded from the soundtracks here, then (in best case moved to 80s FM, if their from the '80)
And classic pieces, from soundtracks, you should go to Adagio to listen to them.
In both cases they are to be found on soundtracks tough...
So why not move game music to another station because they have absolutly nothing to do with movie's? Rolling Eyes
Altough some game's do tend to look like movie's, they are still not.

my soundtrack collection

Last edited by Angel on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless someone is willing to take on the job of building, managing, and maintaining a new site it's very unlikely that there will be any new stations in the 24seven.fm family. The ones we have are taking the staff as it is. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, I'm just saying that it's unlikely to happen unless someone steps up to "own" the station.

As for Angels comment about the music having nothing to do with movies: This isn't streamingmoviesoundtracks.com. We've always had game scores here, and I expect that we always will. We also have scores from TV shows, which also aren't movies.

jeff
sdg
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still happy with what we've got. I understand Angel's point of view but personally I like it when I see a mix of movie, TV and game music in SST's queue.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

massive generalisation going on here. game and anime scores are no real different to anything else on sst. if you separated game scores to its own channel you'd be removing a ton of quality orchestral and live scores from sst. it would be better if sst was more selective as to what it adds to the playlist and that the score is suitable. before you think i have a biased point of view, i've voted against several game scores to be added which i personally like simply on the fact that the music doesn't fit the sst bill.

there's a huge difference to game scores from the 90's and those in the last 5 years. some more sophisticated than actual movie scores. there are lots of things unbearable but these sub genres are there cause that's what the community wants. if you don't like the way sst is run then go listen to your own cd collection. radio is about diversity and discovering new material not just your preferred choices.

i think it would be better removing old skool game scores and those of a dance / techno variety which are not scores but just general music.

example of vgm styles on sst;
bayonetta is not a good choice for sst, but halo reach is perfect.
street fighter 4 is not a good choice for sst, but alan wake is perfect.
dead rising 2 is not a good choice for sst, but dark void is perfect.
ninja gaiden is not a good choice for sst, but video games live is perfect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: