StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

In-ear earphones - Need some suggestions/recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Zimmerman
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 18849

Zimmerman is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Zimmerman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:55 pm   Post subject: In-ear earphones - Need some suggestions/recommendations Reply with quote

Hi everybody...I usually listen to music (especially soundtracks) with my Shure E2c's. They are absolutely great. The sound sounds exceptionally clear and natural. The only problem is its wear and tear. Specifically to mine, some part in the wire messes up (unhooks on the inside) and then one side of these great earphones shorts out and is difficult to get the sound back.

What I came here for was to get suggestions as to which earphones I can buy that are under the $100 range and have great sound?

It would be great help since I am also buying an iPod at the same time.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-7877_7-0.html?filter=500876_107582_100021_10237491_&tag=dir&sort=edRating7+desc

Here is a Cnet search I put together for you. Let me know if it helps Smile
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-7877_7-229-101.html

Here are the top 5 from Cnet. Note the 5th entry.
Cadet 2

Member#: 18849

Zimmerman is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Zimmerman's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks WLZ...it does help a lot.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem!! Welcome to the forums Wink
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So which headphones did you buy and do you like them? I just got some Skull Candy in-ear headphones and they're pretty good...
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with any set of ear phones that I have ever owned is that the cables always seem to start fraying after about a year of use. I guess I just don't look after them well enough but it stops me from shelling out for a really good set. Consequently I'm sure I'm missing some really good music!
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at some of the Shure in-ear headphones but I'm weary of spending that kind of money...
Lieutenant

Member#: 18166

ArchitRen is offline View user's profile Send private message View ArchitRen's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zimmerman! I haven't checked prices in a while. I know iPods used to come with the best earphone Apple carried and now they come with a mid grade set, which should still be superior to the $20-30 ones around.

If I may, I highly recommend Bose Noise Cancelling headphones. I wore a QC (Quiet Comfort 2) for a while and it was amazing. It was most noticeable in a plane flight. Almost unbelievable. Unfortunately they don't make a Noise Cancelling in-earphones.

I believe the in-ear is $100.
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=triport_ie_headphones_index

In my experience Bose are really worth the money. This particular one comes with a case, so it should help with the fraying issue (that is if you actually use it). Smile

Good luck with your search!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: