StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:38 pm   Post subject: Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up? Reply with quote

Split this into a new thread (from the Q&A thread). -j2brown

Exclamation I think I could be with Ansel Adams. He loved taking photographs in the woods and mountains, but not a huge hiker!

Question Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up? If not why not?
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation No... At least not yet Smile I always aspired to be a professional musician or music teacher so keep your fingers crossed as we keep pumping out albums Wink

I also wanted to be involved in the gaming industry or run a large corporation. Smile Again... not yet... I'm only 28 Very Happy

Question Same question. I'm interested in what other people may answer
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Yeah, that's a good question and I wonder whether some kind moderator might turn it into a separate thread perhaps? And to answer: no, I'm not the person I wanted to be. I always wanted to be an author (and I still harbour a desire to be!) Then I too would like to have done something with computers - either programming or web design. But for the time being stability is all important now I have children. I've also found that I have become more selfish and concerned with me and my family rather than anything or anybody else. I always used to think of myself as a selfless and generous person.

Question Next person? Same question from me too: Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up? If not why not?
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What boy didn't want to be a fireman at some point growing up? I guess I never outgrew that.

jeff
sdg
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I dodge this question by refusing to acknowledge that I have grown up?

Well, originally I wanted to be Princess Leia. That, obviously, hasn't happened.

But I wanted to be an Egyptologist from sixth grade on, so I guess I'm living the dream. I honestly don't know anymore what I thought that dream was going to be like.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure I've grown up, either, Lady! Smile

Well first, I wanted to be Spider-man, but when I realized that probably wouldn't pan out, I wanted to be an Astronaut. Later, I decided I wanted to be a scientist. In college, when I was well on my way to becoming a scientist, I thought I wanted to be a composer for video games.

So, if you assume that I've grown up, I'm a scientist who wishes he had more time for composing and who hasn't totally given up on being an Astronaut. I have, though, I'm sorry to report, conceded that I will never be able to be Spider-man.

Mr. Green
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

a toys R us kid?
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-son wrote:
a toys R us kid?

Thanks... now I'll have that song in my head all day Razz Wink
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So is what you wanted to be, or is that what you are, or both, Obi?

jeff
sdg
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:
Obi-son wrote:
a toys R us kid?

Thanks... now I'll have that song in my head all day Razz Wink

My job is done now Cool

J2 lol
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, after revisiting this thread and re-reading your post. It has begun again............ X)
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Well, kind of. I wanted to be a pilot. But as i am shortsighted, i forgot that and i decided to work in the aircraft industry. Well, i'm on my way to do that Smile. But you know it's always really hard to make a choice when so many jobs are interesting !

Arrow Same question again Razz
Cadet 3

aw

Member#: 15962

jcmonair is offline View user's profile Send private message View jcmonair's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heeey Pom !

I also wanted to be a fighter pilot Very Happy for many years when I was a kid... then I got shortsighted and after having to wear glasses I decided to use telescopes - gives me a much better vision :p - and became an astronomer ... dont know how it happened, really.

although i might do something completely different in a few years ... who knows ? Smile
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 19351

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Toy's R' Us Kid. Wonderful.

I wanted to be either Batman or a Ghostbuster. Neither of which I can be.
Then it turned into a director. We'll, im not going to college for that like I was planning to, after long painful analyzing, but because I'm still young, I can't really complete that question yet.
USA Lieserl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 9262

Lieserl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Lieserl's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.

<a href="https://twitter.com/TiffanyTurrill">Twitter</a>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: