StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

I'm listening to... (soundtracks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:09 am   Post subject: I'm listening to... (soundtracks) Reply with quote

We have a few threads that share our new soundtracks with each other and some others that say what our favourites are but I thought it might be nice just to have a thread where we could post what we are listening to right now. Have you rediscovered a soundtrack? Have you got a certain composer's scores in heavy rotation at the moment? Have you just seen Indy4 so your revisiting all your Indy scores?

I bought Cutthroat Island by John Debney a few years ago and I have never really go tinto it so I'm playing that a lot at the moment.

Anyone else?
USA Protonstream
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 19351

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get Cutthroat Island from? And which version? I thought the movie was entertaining, not the greatest movie in terms of quality, but entertaining. Enjoyable themes for the sound score though.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it from ebay. It's just the original 19 track album. I only realised looking up the link for this thread that there was an expanded version! That's a lot of music!

Why do you ask proton?
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening to the Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger OSTs recently. I've always like them but they've come to mind again recently Smile
Ensign

Member#: 19351

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask because I rather liked that sound score. I was just wondering if you found it in a store or something and how hard it was. I'm not a fan of ebay so it looks like that source is out of question.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to go on the internet to find the cds. Ebay is a good place but you may be surprised how many of these are on Amazon! Also you can google "buy video game soundtrack" to get online merchants that deal in those things. Smile
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few reports of UFOs in the UK (I love stuff like that even though I'm never convinced!) I was inspired to spin Close Encounters a few times again. Always feels like such a different kind of Williams score to me.
Japan Pridelander
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 17586

Pridelander is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Pridelander's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to...

StreamingSoundtracks.

Wink

Recently I'm listening to a lot of Hisaishi soundtracks I bought or borrowed from a local library. Porco Rosso is my recent favorite, very uplifting and energetic!

My website: http://sites.google.com/site/miyabirding/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MiyaBirding
TLKFC!: http://tinyurl.com/TLKFC
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant seem to get enough of Sepultura : Beneath the Remains and E.S. Posthumus last few days...
Lieutenant

Member#: 18166

ArchitRen is offline View user's profile Send private message View ArchitRen's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! I've got Atonement, Pride & Prejudice and Elizabeth The Golden Age in my car. Very Happy

Last edited by ArchitRen on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread seems to have got a bit confused. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I meant this one to be a place where we can talk about the soundtracks we were currently listening to and this one to be the thread for any other kind of music!
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:
I meant this one to be a place where we can talk about the soundtracks

*edited Subject title for clarification ~ Twopop
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... I kinda see the error in my ways (although I did include Posthumus Very Happy)
Lieutenant

Member#: 18923

Dragon-fly is offline View user's profile Send private message Dragon-fly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pridelander wrote:
I'm listening to...

StreamingSoundtracks.

Wink

Me too Pride Smile

But at the moment I'm under the impression of Kung Fu Panda by Hans Zimmer & John Powell. It contains typical Chinese tunes mixed with modern sound. Very interesting in my opinion Smile
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just replaced my old, worn out LP copy of Tron by a new, sparkling CD version. So it is in heavy rotation. In fact I have listened to virtually nothing lese for the last week. I love Tron. I think it is a well underated score and film. Although maybe it is the fondness for my youth that makes me like it so much.

Apparently Disney are going to remake Tron. I think they should leave well alone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: