StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

LadyInque finally gets to see Repo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:47 pm   Post subject: LadyInque finally gets to see Repo! Reply with quote

I know this is the kind of thing that should go in a blog. But I don’t have a blog, nor do I want one. This is where I have my biggest internet presence, so here it shall go.

Some of you may have noticed that, for the past few months, I’ve been on about something called Repo! The Genetic Opera. It’s a rock musical set in the not-too-distant future, in which organ failures have devastated the world’s population. The only hope are transplants sold by GeneCo, which has recourse to legal default remedies if you fail to make your payments. This eclectic (to put it mildly) movie stars Anthony Stewart Head, Alexa Vega, Sarah Brightman, and many more. You can read all about it here.

This is a movie that the studio made grudgingly and didn’t want to release. So the director, Darren Lynn Bousman, along with one of the writers (and stars) of the film, Terrance Zdunich, took it on the road. The first Repo Road Tour came nowhere near me. But the second made a stop in Boston on Saturday night. I got dressed up, grabbed my husband, and we were off!

I had an awesome time. (I think my husband did too, though he wasn’t following this movie with the energy I was.) There’s nothing like seeing this kind of movie with over 300 fans, all of them screaming and singing along, cheering when their favorite songs came on.

Darren and Terrance really made the evening special. It was a midnight showing, so the film finished around 2am. After the screening, they held a Q&A in the theatre, for about 45 minutes. They told us about the struggle to make the movie and how we, the fans, are the only reason it’s getting shown at all. After some begging from the crowd, Terrance indulged us by singing his character’s tag line to us. Then they held a signing, during which they chatted with fans, signed anything you put in front of them, posed for pictures and, in Terrance’s case, gave out hugs. They signed my CD! I can only imagine how wiped out these guys were, but they were so nice. And then they grabbed a few hours’ sleep, packed and flew to Philadelphia, to do the whole thing again. I hope they’re having a good time, because I sure did.

As for whether or not the movie is good, well, I could say that’s beside the point. The reviews for this have been abysmal, but it’s almost physically impossible for a movie to be as bad as the reviews say this one is. In truth, it’s far from perfect. At the end, especially, the story stops making sense. It’s been compared to a few movies. It’s probably a better film than The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It’s not as good a movie as Sweeney Todd. But it’s very different from both of those.

I’d recommend it to people who like musicals, the macabre, or Anthony Stewart Head. It’s a shame most will never get to see it the way it should be, at midnight with a theater full of excited fans. Though if you ever get the chance, go.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I'm on the official REPO website. If you go here and click on:
1) Repo Road Tour II (Button along the top of the screen)
2)RRT II (top button on the window that just appeared in the middle of the screen)
3) Day 3
4) #6 (along the bottom of the window)
Wait for the pictures to cycle. I'm the one in black, with glasses and a chain mail necklace. That's the dress I made to go see Return of the King, back in the day, and it's now my REPO dress.

Yay! Three songs from REPO are eligible for Oscars. I know, it's a long jump from eligible to nominated, but I'm still happy.

Oh, and Repo Road Tour 3 has been announced. If you're interested in an awesome experience like what I described above, then I suggest you get your tickets early.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: