StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Moulin Rouge Looping/Complaining

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:04 pm   Post subject: Moulin Rouge Looping/Complaining Reply with quote

Gladiator Man,

You probably don't realize this right now, but unfortunately, the Moulin Rouge track "Bolero (Closing Credits)" is looping right now at the end of the song. Even though the Queue continues to choose new songs, they can't play due to the glitch in the Bolero track. As of 5:52 p.m. MST, it's probably looped about 15-20 times already.

On a side note, thanks again for a great site. To get on my soap box for a moment, and as a commentary to everyone else here, I've been somewhat annoyed that most everyone's been complaining about the 128k stream being down the past couple of days. I don't know if everyone realizes the work that you put into this, or the fact that this is completely free for those who choose not to donate. I don't think the majority of people appreciate all of the hard work that you've put into this over the past couple of years to refine it to it's present state.

Being an old fogey (27 yrs. IS getting up there...), and a listener of SST since its conception and infancy, I remember back in my day not so long ago when the web site didn't exist, only 3 listeners were allowed to listen, and the stream was up and down, changing IP addresses, and changing its name on Shoutcast every other day. Every time it went down, I never knew if it would come back, but I was thankful 3-5 days later when it always did.

For those of you who can't read between the lines...

...this site has undergone a VAST improvement over the past 2 years, so we should be thankful for it's very existance. In other words, please stop complaining about the 128k stream being down, or wondering when it's going to come back up. I'm sure JERIC is working on it as quickly as he can, and when it comes up, it comes up. In the meantime, be thankful that you have the privilege of listening to SST when its available, instead of complaining when it isn't.

Whew. [Roll Eyes]

Thanks,
Yvond
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: