StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A.R. Rahman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:30 am   Post subject: A.R. Rahman Reply with quote

This thread is for all things regarding A.R. Rahman. Talk about anything and everything regarding this composer including current or future releases, news updates, interviews, audio samples, etc. Here are a few links which give some basic information regarding the composer:

A.R. Rahman Official Website
A.R. Rahman SoundTrack Collector Filmography
A.R. Rahman Wikipedia
A.R. Rahman IMDB
A.R. Rahman Albums on SST

Last edited by Nate on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously A.R. Rahman has been talked about quite a bit recently because of Slumdog Millionaire, yet I was still surprised the other day when I turned on the local pop radio station and heard Jai Ho. (The oscar winning song that was only in the credits of the movie!)

Apparently the group Pussycat Dolls did a remix/interpretation of the song and it's actually not too bad! Below is an article about the remix, and also a sound clip if you'd like to hear it. (located towards the middle of the page)

Article

Song
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw A.R. Rahman's Jai Ho Concert when he came to Raleigh, NC, Sept. 29, 2010. I was grateful that he stopped here considering the other major cities he visited.

The show was entertaining and colorful - seemed like the producers made an effort to make it cosmopolitan, with many non-Indian dancers and performers, and a variety of music styles, ranging from ballads to hip hop and a brief Michael Jackson tribute set to "Black or White". The audience was mostly South Asian and skewed older, so I don't know what they thought of all the hip hop and dance beats!

Rahman is a fantastic singer but focused more on the sound quality with his eyes half-closed rather than projecting to the audience. However, his group of singers and dancers had more than enough energy to compensate.

Here's someone else's blog review that seemed on the mark with some nice pics.

This review of his London concert includes a description of the song list.

Highlights for me were hearing him sing Yeh jo des hai tera and Lukka Chuppi live - almost brought a tear to my eye seeing him sing to a projected image of Lata Mangeshkar. He brought a lot of emotion to that song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: