StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Howard Shore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:25 am   Post subject: Howard Shore Reply with quote

This thread is for all things regarding Howard Shore. Talk about anything and everything regarding this composer including current or future releases, news updates, interviews, audio samples, etc. Here are a few links which give some basic information regarding the composer:

Howard Shore Official Website
Howe Records – Howard Shore’s Music Label
Howard Shore SoundTrack Collector Filmography
Howard Shore Wikipedia
Howard Shore IMDB
Howard Shore Albums on SST

Last edited by Nate on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interviews with Howard in regards to the music he had to score for the Lord of the Rings movies. Huge undertaking and wonderfully epic, a great look at what it took to score so much music.

2001 FotR Interview

Two Towers Interview

2003 RotK Interview

And here is a running blog on the music of LOTR, not run by Howard but its a good overarching source for all things concerning the music Smile also if you want to see the music in concert this keeps track of dates!

LOTR music Blog
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A short interview back in September of 08 about Howard's work on the Hobbit score, not given too much detail since it is just begun at that point, but still interesting Smile

Hobbit Score Interview
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like it was taken from a longer video...but here is a short clip of Howard as he talks a little about needing to write more music for LOTR then a quick look at the scoring session...kind of random, but its still cool to hear the opening notes of the concerning hobbits track Very Happy

Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article talking about Howard Shore being signed on to compose for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse due out this June.

Howard Shore to compose Eclipse

I have to say I'm pretty stoked about this! I for one loved Burwell's score and Desplat did a pretty good job with New Moon. I can't wait to hear the epic-ness Shore will come up with for Eclipse!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 21914

NessySheep is offline View user's profile Send private message View NessySheep's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples from the Eclipse soundtrack and one track by Shore
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

CARPENTIER AND ALFRED MUSIC PUBLISHING ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF
THE MUSIC OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS FILMS
BY DOUG ADAMS

In-Depth Journey into Howard Shore’s Academy Award®-Winning Score

(July, 28, 2010—New York, NY) Carpentier and Alfred Music Publishing are pleased to announce the release of The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films, a comprehensive account of Howard Shore’s score for the trilogy, by Doug Adams. The book will be available in the European Union on September 28 and in the U.S. and worldwide on October 5, 2010.

The culmination of almost a decade of writing and research, The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films is an unprecedented look at Howard Shore’s Academy Award®-winning score, with extensive music examples, original manuscript scores, a rarities CD, and glimpses into the creative process from the composer, himself.

The 416-page full-color volume features a Foreword by Howard Shore, an Introduction by The Lord of the Rings screenwriter/producer Fran Walsh, original sketches by John Howe and Alan Lee, and numerous images from the films. Also included in the book, courtesy of Howe Records, is “The Lord of the Rings: The Rarities Archive” a CD presenting 21 tracks of previously unreleased music created for the films, and an audio interview with Howard Shore.

The score for The Lord of the Rings film trilogy has been hailed as some of the greatest film music ever written. Sweeping in scope, it is a musical interpretation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth—an operatic tapestry of cultures, histories, languages, and people.

“Howard Shore’s [LOTR] music has touched millions of people the world over,” said Adams. “It’s been my great pleasure to assemble a piece that chronicles the creation of this music, and examines exactly how it tells this classic story.”

“Doug was a detective uncovering clues, tracing how one theme or character related to another,” said Shore. “He not only shows the themes and motifs for characters, cultures, objects, and their connection to Tolkien’s work, but also the ideas that were sometimes buried deep inside the writing.”

“Researching Shore’s music has been a true adventure,” described Adams. “His work is every bit as intricate and passionate as Tolkien’s Middle-earth.”

Doug Adams, a Chicago-based author and musicologist, was invited in 2001 by Howard Shore to observe and document his work on Peter Jackson’s motion picture trilogy. Adams attended recording sessions, examined the original scores, and was given complete access to the composer’s archives. As an acknowledged authority on Howard Shore’s music, Adams has become a regular fixture at concerts and events across the globe. He runs the popular blog, www.musicoflotr.com, which documents his work on this project and brings fans together in ongoing discussions.

UPCOMING EVENTS
September 27 Book signing and Q&A with Howard Shore and Doug Adams (Chappell of Bond Street, 152-160 Wardour St. London,UK)
September 28-29 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King, concert (Royal Albert Hall, London, UK)
October 7 Book signing and Q&A with Howard Shore and Doug Adams (Barnes and Noble, 1972 Broadway, New York, NY)
October 8-9 The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, concert (Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY)

ABOUT ALFRED MUSIC PUBLISHING
Alfred Music Publishing is one of the world’s largest music publishers. Alfred is based in Los Angeles with domestic offices in Miami & New York as well as around the world including Australia, Germany, Singapore & the United Kingdom.
###

For more information: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

An article and links to an interview with Howard Shore regarding his work with Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

http://www.hypable.com/the-hobbit/2011/08/30/howard-shore-discusses-composing-the-hobbit-and-lord-of-the-rings/
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Shore will be among the guests at the World Soundtrack Awards 2011 in Gent,Belgium.

SST's part of the Gathering program is a closed meeting with the guests.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just so awesome!
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to ask Howard Shore anything?

Join Howard Shore the same day as the release of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies soundtrack for his first Reddit AMA Tuesday 12/9/2014 at 4 PM ET: https://www.reddit.com/r/iama
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

New interview with Howard Shore:
https://www.lootcrate.com/community/daily-crate/exclusive-interview-lord-rings-composer-howard-shore
Netherlands Caliburn

Member#: 43

Caliburn is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Caliburn's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I interviewed Howard Shore during the International Film Festival in Rotterdam!

https://soundtrackworld.com/2020/01/interview-howard-shore/
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
I interviewed Howard Shore during the International Film Festival in Rotterdam!

https://soundtrackworld.com/2020/01/interview-howard-shore/

That was a really nice interview, Cal! Thanks for posting!
Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: