StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Giacchino - Star Trek 2009 Audio Preview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Awesome thread :P ?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:16 am   Post subject: Giacchino - Star Trek 2009 Audio Preview Reply with quote

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.php/info/p2225_Star-Trek.html

a few tracks you can listen to Smile
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:18 am   Post subject: Re: Giacchino - Star Trek 2009 Audio Preview Reply with quote

thejoyrider wrote:

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.php/info/p2225_Star-Trek.html

a few tracks you can listen to Smile

why do i have to wait till may 5th? can't they release this a week before the movie... it like premiered in london last night.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a trekkie of the old school (especially The Next Generation), but even more I've always been an admirer of Jerry Goldsmith's Achievements for Star Trek.
Although I like Giacchino, I'm not sure what to expect from this score. I'm sadly quite sure that we are not going to hear the good old Goldsmith-theme ever again in this "new" franchise.
Well, let's see how all turns out...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
I'm a trekkie of the old school (especially The Next Generation), but even more I've always been an admirer of Jerry Goldsmith's Achievements for Star Trek.
Although I like Giacchino, I'm not sure what to expect from this score. I'm sadly quite sure that we are not going to hear the good old Goldsmith-theme ever again in this "new" franchise.
Well, let's see how all turns out...

you didn't listen to it. the score has the 60's series theme. it will be as faithful as mission impossible 3 was to the 1st movie and tv series. not very, but it's there.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I read, they went with Alexander Courage's theme to work with rather than Goldsmith's theme. Either way I have confidence in Giacchino to do a good job and I definitely am looking forward to hearing the entire score.

Check out the Michael Giacchino thread in the composer forum where I posted a link to a fan website that has some samples of the Star Trek score as well.
TristanLudlow
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 24875

TristanLudlow is offline View user's profile Send private message View TristanLudlow's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After attending the film, I felt very disappointed that until the credits none of the older themes was incorporated. Even though the beginning of the movie has an interesting horn-motif and then turns atonal, the rest of the scoring is pretty average. No where near the quality of Horners, Goldsmiths, Rosenmans or even Eidelmanns.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I sadly have to agree with Tristan.

The score for itself is okay, but basically it doesn't have anything to do with Star Trek anymore that way. Sad
The new theme sounds too much like Danny Elfman for me.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a few tracks of the score here on SST, but I didn't really have a good overall idea about the music.
I saw the movie last night and have to say that Giacchino's music worked quite well in the film, actually I liked the score a lot more than I expected. Sure, it's really not on the same level as Jerry Goldsmith or James Horner were when composing their best Star Trek works, but I think the score worked with the style of the movie.
Michael Giacchino does have some trademark chords and melodic styles that were obvious on this one as well, and reminded me quite a bit of Cloverfield. But in the end I didn't mind it that much. (And all composers have those.) All in all a pleasant surprise for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: