StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Transformers II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

what do you think of the new score compared to the first one?
far worse
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
worse
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
equal
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
better
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
much better
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Switzerland rasputin
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 19474

rasputin is offline View user's profile Send private message rasputin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:11 am   Post subject: Transformers II Reply with quote

well, i have to admit that i'm disappointed by the new transformers score. i expected more from steve...
what do you think of the new score compared to the first one?

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's worse than the first but I think it's worse because the first was very good and it must have been hard to make something even better now.

BTW: I think the whole movie is much worse than the first (even tough the first one was was not a masterpiece).

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to the sequel score, though I haven't seen the film yet. Honestly, I don't plan to; I've read the reviews and, considering my feelings about the first film, I think it's best I abstain.

As for the score, it just sounded like more of the same, to me. I'm not sure that the original score is really that good, or if I just have positive associations, because I enjoyed the first movie so much the first time I saw it.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well both the flim and the score were not good i think. there were a few places the score fit but dissappointing over all either way.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:48 am   Post subject: How NOT to write a review Reply with quote

Filmtracks.com is a site I visit frequently for score reviews. The guy who runs it is notoriously hard to please and he delights, as many of us do, in writing bad reviews. However, I think his review of Transformers 2 is a particularly ugly piece of writing, and I think it serves as a good example of how NOT to write a review. Here's the beginning:

The guy at Filmtracks.com wrote:
Fact: our population is hopelessly stupid. Fact: our population is satisfied by mediocrity. Fact: our population takes too long to learn from previous mistakes. Fact: our population has expendable cash to waste no matter how daunting our economic woes. Fact: our population rewards senseless movies more than intelligent ones. Fact: composers spawned from the Media Ventures/Remote Control studio of streamlined film music exist solely because of all the previous facts.

Aside from the possibility that he does not actually know the difference between a fact and an opinion, I think he goes too far here, hurling broad insults at some people who might well be his audience. It shows, in my opinion, a certain lack of class. I don't actually disagree with much of his review, but after an opening like that, I would still like to throw breadsticks at him.

By comparison, read this blog entry by Roger Ebert. Notice how he avoids ad hominem attacks. There is a big difference between telling people they're wrong and telling them they're stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: