StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Member 2009 Vacation Photos
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
PomPom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 am   Post subject: SST Member 2009 Vacation Photos Reply with quote

I did not found if a post already exist for this year. If so, i'm sorry.
If not : i'll start with my 2-weeks trip to Czech Republic. I went there with 4 friends, and we started our trip in Praha

The city of Praha from the castle point of view, and the castle by night.

Then we went east to Karlovy Vary which is a thermal city, known for its thermal sources that are good for the body.

Then we went to České Budějovice in the south of Bohemia where we spent four days, going around the city.

For example, we went to Český Krumlov which is a nice medieval town.

here is the view of the city from the castle :

We also went to the Lipno lake near Horní Planá

Then we left České Budějovice and went to Mikulov, going through a little town named Telč.

Mikulov is a town in South east of Moravia, near the Austrich border.

We stayed there for three days that we spent visiting the neighbor towns, Lednice and Valtice. Both are known for their Castle, built when the region was part of Liechtenstein. Here are the Valtice castle (ont the left) and the Lednice castle (on the right) :

I recommend the visit of this one, because it contains a lot a sculpted stones and wood-made stairs etc... All in a Neo-Gothic style. Wonderful. For those who want to see what i mean, i can give pictures.

Then we went to Kraków in Poland, where we spent the three last days. This town has a lot of churches, like the St Mary's Basilic and the St Peter and Paul Church behind.

And the last day we visited the Salt mine, which has 200 km of galleries (from -50m to -130 m of the surface) and is exploited since the 18th century. A nice visit !

Well that close my trip. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to everyone who loves history, architecture, art, culture, but also countryside. Now's your turn !

Pom
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice PomPom. I only went to Praha in wintertime. Nice to see how it is in summer.

Of course my trip starts in a few days and you can see pictures and comment on them on my trippage
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fantastic picures Pom! I found out about a year ago that my great grandmother came over from Bohemia and I've been trying to find out more information but there isn't alot out there about Bohemia.

One day I will visit the Czech Republic and hopefully I will know which city she was from. Thanks for sharing!!
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pics Pom!
USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 6272

Nenya18 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Nenya18's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic photos , Pom! Thank you for sharing! Looks like you had a wonderful time Smile
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for sharing Pom! Great pictures there.
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I wanted to share a few of the shots done by my friends and me during this year's holidays in The Dolomites (Italy). Dolomites are the mountains I visited for the fourth time this year and I still haven't seen all the great places there. Definitely a place to visit not only for those of SSTers who enjoy mountains. BTW: They say it's great skiing area in the winter but so far I always have been there in summer.

1. Lago Di Misurina
This photo was taken on Sunday, September 6th, 2009 at 9 a.m. It was the first day we (me & my friends) spent in the mountains from the very morning. Saturday was a day without much walking after the night we spent in car driving from Poland to Italy. On Saturday we did just a short walk to get the first touch of the mountains - we went to Rifugio San Marco and back to our flat in San Vito di Cadore.
Lago (Lake) Di Misurina is a nice place we just stopped at for a moment, going from San Vito di Cadore via Cortina d'Ampezzo to see Tre Cime di Lavaredo area. If you forget the hotels built around, the lake is charming, beautiful and lets you see the mountains reflected in the lake as a bonus. At this particular picture you can see Sorapiss above the lake.

Here you can read more about Lake Misurina and more pictures.
Plus one interesting photo, because of a different (winter) "costume" of the place: Lake Misurina in winter.
And here some pictures of Rifugio San Marco area I mentioned above: Rifugio San Marco.
And more about Sorapiss.

2. Marmolada & Lago Di Fedaia
Picture taken on September 7th, 2009, shortly after noon.
Marmolada has the highest point of The Dolomites at 3343 m (10,968 ft) above sea level and one of rare places where the glacier is present all year long. We didn't climb Marmolada as we had no equipment to climb the ice. But we used a chair lift which takes you quite high (near the glacier border) not tiring your legs.
Lago Di Fedaia is a nice lake with water accumulated by a dam (I believe the dam is more than a mile long with a road and regular traffic on top of it).

More about Marmolada and a view from Marmolada.
More pictures of Lago Di Fedaia.
Picture of the dam.

3. Me at the brink of Monte Piana
Picture taken on September 8th, 2009, at noon.
Monte Piana is a plateau at more than 2300 m above the sea level. A place with outstanding views of the surrounding mountains and unusual historical record. In fact it�s not only a place where you can relax watching fantastic landscapes but also Open Air Museum of the First World War. So together with great mountains you can get a dose of reflection on war and people fighting and dying in a very difficult circumstances. You can even enter some trench posts yourself. They still exist (sometimes with sand bags lying on the bank as a protection from enemy's fire). I heard more than 2000 people died here during the First World War (some just because the nature makes it not easy to survive at this altitude). The Austrians and Italians fought over this flat topped mountain. The Italians had one part of the plateau and the Austrians the other. It must have been very hard life for the soldiers.
The picture shows me at the brink of the plateau looking forward into the valley.
More pictures of the area.

4. Me, sitting at the top of Averau.
Picture taken on September 8th, 2009, around noon.
Averau peaks at 8691 ft (2649 m). Not hard mountain to climb (as you can see behind my back we were not the only ones at the top) with enjoyable via ferrata on your way up.
It's area of very famous Cinque Torri which can be seen on many post cards from Dolomites.
On the day we visited the place there was some TV or movie crew on location at Cinque Torri. It looked like they were shooting some climbing scenes for the movie. A sequel to Cliffhanger?? Wink
BTW: Being there it's good to visit very nice placed Rifugio Nuvolau for a drink. Rifugio is right next to Averau.

More about Averau and ferrata.
More about Cinque Torri.
And Rifugio Nuvolau.

5. Beautiful view from Via Ferrata leading to the top of Monte Paterno (elevation: 9002 ft / 2744 m). A building with a red roof you can see down there is Rifugio Locatelli and straight above it you can also see two "fingers" of Tore Di Toblin. Monte Paterno is an example of ferrata where you should take a light with you. Quite a big part of the road to the top goes through a long tunnel with steps in some places, going steep up inside the mountain. The tunnel was built by the soldiers during The First World War. Monte Paterno and Tore Di Toblin were the two fighting sides of the war front.
More about Monte Paterno and ferrata.

6. Tre Cime Di Lavaredo. Another very, very famous place in The Dolomites and popular post card motive. Just next to Monte Paterno.
More about the place here.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Molossus, thanks for sharing! Lovely shots of the lake, and I'm glad you had fun mountain climbing.
Canada lmarrese VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing pics, molossus. Thanks for sharing!
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures molossus. It is indeed a very nice area.

Thanks for sharing.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks! I forgot to add that you can click the pics to see them magnified (I bet most of you realized that anyway).

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakes and mountains, what could be more beautiful? Smile

Thanks a lot for sharing, Mol!
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Breathtaking Pics Mol! Thanks for sharing!

BQ
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow those are awesome pics!
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow those are gorgeous pics mol! I would love to visit those mountains some day.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: